Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Help please... Gionee m5 Reboot problem
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Help please... Gionee m5 Reboot problem

Help please... Gionee m5 Reboot problem

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
chinexsky
chinexsky
chinexsky
Techie Member
27-02-2017, 02:04 PM

I successfully root my gionee m5 enjoying cool features and great tweak.... I must say its really interesting.... But am having an issue, when I install SuperSU successfully using my pc and I tap reboot, which it shut down and didn't reboot.... I hold down the boot button but nothing works, then I tried booting into recovery mood which I release all the button before it enters into recovery mood and my phone start up..since then I can't automatically reboot my device with one single tap the only means I reboot is by manually holding down the power off button and switch on.... Whenever I auto reboot, it will just off and won't boot til I try the means... Please what can I do to fix this problem cox I often use schedule off and on, am really having trouble with this....

Sent from my M5 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-02-2017, 07:02 PM
(27-02-2017, 02:04 PM)chinexsky I successfully root my gionee m5 enjoying cool features and great tweak.... I must say its really interesting.... But am having an issue, when I install SuperSU successfully using my pc and I tap reboot, which it shut down and didn't reboot.... I hold down the boot button but nothing works, then I tried booting into recovery mood which I release all the button before it enters into recovery mood and my phone start up..since then I can't automatically reboot my device with one single tap the only means I reboot is by manually holding down the power off button and switch on.... Whenever I auto reboot, it will just off and won't boot til I try the means... Please what can I do to fix this problem cox I often use schedule off and on, am really having trouble with this....

If I get you right, reboot powers off the phone instead of rebooting?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
chinexsky
chinexsky
chinexsky
Techie Member
28-02-2017, 03:37 AM
Yes... It doesn't reboot... It just remain semi-dead.... power button won't work or less I use the trick (holding down power bottom and volume up for some sec and release, not allowng it to boot into recovery) then my phone will startup... Please how do I fix this...

chinexsky
chinexsky
chinexsky
Techie Member
28-02-2017, 09:47 AM
My phone and everything is working fine just the reboot problem.... It started after I flashed twrp and install SuperSU... After installing successfully I tap reboot and this problem started

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-02-2017, 10:08 AM

(28-02-2017, 09:47 AM)chinexsky My phone and everything is working fine just the reboot problem.... It started after I flashed twrp and install SuperSU... After installing successfully I tap reboot and this problem started

Seems to be a kernel issue.
What version of SuperSU did you use?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
chinexsky
chinexsky
chinexsky
Techie Member
28-02-2017, 01:54 PM
I don't know o... I search the SuperSU.zip on net and download it... Please how do I fix this issue... Thanks

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-02-2017, 05:22 PM
(28-02-2017, 01:54 PM)chinexsky I don't know o... I search the SuperSU.zip on net and download it... Please how do I fix this issue... Thanks

The reason I asked is to know if the root was systemless or not.
Since you don't know, flash back only boot.img and system.img from the stock ROM.
Let me know if the issue persists
This post was last modified: 28-02-2017, 05:24 PM by hovatek.

Note!
chinexsky
chinexsky
chinexsky
Techie Member
07-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Sorry ive not been online since... Ok... Thanks a lot, but will I lose my data if I add system.img

freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
07-03-2017, 04:50 PM
(07-03-2017, 09:41 AM)chinexsky Sorry ive not been online since... Ok... Thanks a lot, but will I lose my data if I add system.img

you shouldn't loose data if you flash only boot and system.
but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't backup your important files.
chinexsky
chinexsky
chinexsky
Techie Member
09-03-2017, 08:05 PM

Ok.... Thanks a lot.... But am a little confused about something and I want to ask a question...please does stock firmware zip have updated and expired version cox I feel like mine is not the latest version...

Pages (2): 1 2 Next