Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] List of SN Write Tool (SN Writer) errors, their meanings and how to resolve them
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] List of SN Write Tool (SN Writer) errors, their meanings and how to resolve them

[Tutorial] List of SN Write Tool (SN Writer) errors, their meanings and how to resolve them

Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-03-2017, 11:32 PM

Here's a list of SN Write Tool (SN Writer) errors, what they mean and how to fix/resolve them. We'll keep adding to the list so keep checking and feel free to contribute/send us any error you encounter.

For those who don't know how to use the SN Write Tool (SN Writer), please read how to use SN Write tool before you proceed.

See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/BYr7wcvxBvk

SN Writer errors and their solutions

META_MAUI_DB_INCONSISTENT

Message: EnterAPMetaMode() : MetaResult = SPMETA_DLL::META_MAUI_DB_INCONSISTENT

Meaning:The DB file(s) being used aren't compatible with SN Writer

Solution:

MetaResult = DEFAULT_FAIL

Meaning: SN Writer is having problems connecting to the device over USB

Solution:
  • In SN Writer, Click Option (at the top menu) > Tick both Security USB & Composite Device > Click 'Identify' (at the top menu) > Highlight Engineer > Tick Enable Check BtWifi
  • Try using a different Port, USB cord and PC
  • Uninstall all Mediatek drivers using USB Deview then reinstall MTK VCOM drivers

META_WAIT_FOR_TARGET_READY_TIMEOUT

Message: EnterModemMetaToInitModemDB(): MetaResult=META_WAIT_FOR_TARGET_READY_TIMEOUT

Meaning: The tool was unable to detect the phone or took too long detecting/writing to the phone

Solution:
  • Uninstall all Mediatek drivers using USB Deview then reinstall Mediatek VCOM drivers
  • Ensure to connect the phone while switched off, with the battery inserted and not holding any button
This post was last modified: 17-11-2023, 10:11 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
LoverOfLove
LoverOfLove
LoverOfLove
15-03-2017, 04:35 AM
I'Mm facing error in sn writer. the error is "entertAPMetamodel() : Metaresult = DEFAULT_FAIL"

my phone is intex aqua dream (mtk 6592). maui tool, mtk droid tool and spft are working fine.

I followed your guide for using sn writer.

I' ve tried format + download in spft again then used this tool but same problem appearing again.

for information,, when i use sn writer ,,phone is able to boot in boot animation and keep stay on(meta mode).

what can i do now.
Thank you.. Smile
This post was last modified: 15-03-2017, 06:56 AM by LoverOfLove.
Attached Files
.png
Capture.PNG
Size: 50.25 KB / Downloads: 46
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-03-2017, 10:18 AM
(15-03-2017, 04:35 AM)LoverOfLove I'Mm facing error in sn writer. the error is "entertAPMetamodel() : Metaresult = DEFAULT_FAIL"

my phone is intex aqua dream (mtk 6592). maui tool, mtk droid tool and spft are working fine.

I' ve tried format + download in spft again then used this tool but same problem appearing again.

for information,, when i use sn writer ,,phone is able to boot in boot animation and keep stay on(meta mode).

what can i do now.
Thank you.. Smile

Seems to be a connection problem. Did you hold any button when connecting to PC? Also, what version of SN Writer is this?
This post was last modified: 15-03-2017, 10:21 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
LoverOfLove
LoverOfLove
LoverOfLove
15-03-2017, 11:43 AM
(15-03-2017, 10:18 AM)hovatek
(15-03-2017, 04:35 AM)LoverOfLove I'Mm facing error in sn writer. the error is "entertAPMetamodel() : Metaresult = DEFAULT_FAIL"

what can i do now.
Thank you.. Smile

Seems to be a connection problem. Did you hold any button when connecting to PC? Also, what version of SN Writer is this?
I'm not holding any button. And I'm using latest sn writer...

Sent from my Q700S using the Hovatek Forum App
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-03-2017, 06:31 PM

(15-03-2017, 11:43 AM)LoverOfLove I'm not holding any button. And I'm using latest sn writer...

Did you source the AP and DB files from a firmware successfully flashed to the phone?
This post was last modified: 15-03-2017, 06:31 PM by hovatek.

Note!
LoverOfLove
LoverOfLove
LoverOfLove
15-03-2017, 06:43 PM
(15-03-2017, 06:31 PM)hovatek
(15-03-2017, 11:43 AM)LoverOfLove I'm not holding any button. And I'm using latest sn writer...

Did you source the AP and DB files from a firmware successfully flashed to the phone?
Yes.......
I've successfully flashed that firmware.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-03-2017, 09:48 AM
(15-03-2017, 06:43 PM)LoverOfLove Yes.......

This is a connection issue. The AP & BPL files used could sometimes affect this though. Uninstall all Spreadtrum drivers using USB Deview @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-7660.html then reinstall using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-827.html

Note!
LoverOfLove
LoverOfLove
LoverOfLove
16-03-2017, 08:09 PM
(16-03-2017, 09:48 AM)hovatek
(15-03-2017, 06:43 PM)LoverOfLove Yes.......

This is a connection issue. The AP & BPL files used could sometimes affect this though. Uninstall all Spreadtrum drivers using USB Deview @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-7660.html then reinstall using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-827.html
Tried almost everything..uninstalled drivers using usbdview.installed again(not sure why you suggested to install spreadtrum drivers when its a mtk device)..tried different ports.even tried on a newly formatted PC. maui,mtkdroid,soft are working without any problem.
Also looks like there is only one source available for intex aqua dream stock ROM.
Anyway thanks hovatek for replying.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-03-2017, 01:54 PM
(16-03-2017, 08:09 PM)LoverOfLove Tried almost everything..uninstalled drivers using usbdview.installed again(not sure why you suggested to install spreadtrum drivers when its a mtk device)..tried different ports.even tried on a newly formatted PC. maui,mtkdroid,soft are working without any problem.
Also looks like there is only one source available for intex aqua dream stock ROM.
Anyway thanks hovatek for replying.

Sorry, I meant Mediatek. Uninstall and reinstall MTK drivers. Also uninstall spd drivers (if present) incase there's a clash.
Although unlikely, try various versions of SN Write tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-15450.html
If that doesn't work then you'll need different db files

Note!
LoverOfLove
LoverOfLove
LoverOfLove
19-03-2017, 08:57 AM

Finally solved my problem "EntertAPMetaMode() : MetaResult = DEFAULT_FAIL" error.

Solution is following..

"""tick the Security USB and Composite Device in option menu. and also tick enable check btwifi in Identify-engineer option...."""""
Worked for me... SmileSmile
Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next