Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] How to unlock the Bootloader of the Gionee M6
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] How to unlock the Bootloader of the Gionee M6

[Development] How to unlock the Bootloader of the Gionee M6

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-03-2017, 05:25 PM

To successfully unlock the Bootloader of the Gionee M6 :

* Backup your important stuff as unlocking the Bootloader wipes your data
* Enable USB Debugging on the Gionee M6  (see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10109.html)
* Enable OEM Unlocking under Settings > Developer options
* Setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC (see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-588.html)
* Connect the phone to the PC via USB cord (while On)
* Launch ADB
* In ADB, run the following command (press Enter after the command)

Code:

adb devices

* ADB should detect the device. If ADB detects other devices but not the Gionee M6  then it must be an ADB clash, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10111.html
* Once the device gets detected, boot it into Fastboot by running the following command (press Enter after the command)

Code:

adb reboot-bootloader

* The phone should now enter Fastboot (black screen with only fastboot written at the top or bottom)
* In Fastboot, run the following command (press Enter after the command)

Code:

fastboot oem unlock

* You should get a prompt on the device asking you to confirm Bootloader unlock, press the volume up button for Yes
* You should now get a success message
* Reboot the device by running the command below (press Enter after the command)

Code:

fastboot reboot

If you wish to root your Gionee M6 after unlocking the Bootloader then follow the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17423.html
This post was last modified: 06-03-2017, 06:18 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Kemiboss
Kemiboss
Kemiboss
07-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Unable to unlock bootloader
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
07-03-2017, 04:25 PM
(07-03-2017, 03:19 PM)Kemiboss Unable to unlock bootloader

where exactly did you get stuck? and
whats the exact error message you got?
eliotargy
eliotargy
eliotargy
Enthusiastic Member
17-03-2017, 10:35 AM
I'm sorry but this does not work. Firstly, "fasboot reboot" does not reboot the phone. If you turn it off manually and restart it you get an error message: "Phone is unlocked and can't be trusted. Will reboot in 5 seconds." It then reboots itself and goes into a loop. I think you should revise these instructions.
This post was last modified: 17-03-2017, 10:35 AM by eliotargy.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-03-2017, 11:30 AM

(17-03-2017, 10:35 AM)eliotargy I'm sorry but this does not work. Firstly, "fasboot reboot" does not reboot the phone. If you turn it off manually and restart it you get an error message: "Phone is unlocked and can't be trusted. Will reboot in 5 seconds." It then reboots itself and goes into a loop. I think you should revise these instructions.

Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't or won't work for others.
BTW, I think you're taking your bricked Gionee M6 issue a little too far. You've made your point and its been taken note of. We're on the lookout for Builds that behave differently (like yours).
This post was last modified: 17-03-2017, 11:36 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
eliotargy
eliotargy
eliotargy
Enthusiastic Member
24-03-2017, 08:37 AM
How long should it take for the phone to reboot after unlocking?

Sent from my LG-K535 using the Hovatek Forum App
eliotargy
eliotargy
eliotargy
Enthusiastic Member
24-03-2017, 08:45 AM
And does this work on the GN8003?

Sent from my LG-K535 using the Hovatek Forum App