Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] How to root the Gionee M6
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] How to root the Gionee M6

[Development] How to root the Gionee M6

Pages (9): Previous 1 2 3 4 59 Next
eliotargy
eliotargy
eliotargy
Enthusiastic Member
16-03-2017, 12:55 PM

(16-03-2017, 10:13 AM)hovatek
(15-03-2017, 11:45 PM)eliotargy I followed all the steps and now my M6 is stuck on the boot logo. The offender is the Philz CWM. After flashing Philz the phone rebooted into recovery. I selected "install zip" but then nothing happened. I was not able to see or locate anything on my phone. I guess I need to get Philz off and return to stock recovery. I have tried SP Flash tool with no success. How do I proceed from here?

fastboot boot recovery.img does not overwrite your stock recovery.
the systemless root also doesn't write to system.
The entire process is amied at smooth reversibility.
Unless something else happened you're unable to recall then you shouldn't be having this issue
Can you still boot into recovery? and what recovery is it?

After just unlocking bootloader I was still able to start my phone. It was after flashing Philz which I downloaded following instructions from this site that the trouble started. The phone rebooted into Philz recovery. I selected "install zip" but was not shown any files at all. The recovery just returned to itself with its usual menu. So I rebooted into system and that's when my phone started hanging. 
I was able to get into fastboot. I have taken my phone to the shop and they were able to get into recovery. Even factory resetting didn't fix anything. It shows Philz recovery. The shop will re-flash the whole phone tomorrow so I will at least have a functioning phone.
I repeat that all the trouble started after flashing Philz CWM for Gionee M6.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-03-2017, 02:51 PM
(16-03-2017, 12:55 PM)eliotargy After just unlocking bootloader I was still able to start my phone. It was after flashing Philz which I downloaded following instructions from this site that the trouble started. The phone rebooted into Philz recovery. I selected "install zip" but was not shown any files at all. The recovery just returned to itself with its usual menu. So I rebooted into system and that's when my phone started hanging. 
I was able to get into fastboot. I have taken my phone to the shop and they were able to get into recovery. Even factory resetting didn't fix anything. It shows Philz recovery. The shop will re-flash the whole phone tomorrow so I will at least have a functioning phone.
I repeat that all the trouble started after flashing Philz CWM for Gionee M6.

Well, cases like this might happen especially with variants or incompatible builds. We'll be on the lookout for such Builds and port a custom recovery that'll work with them. The guide above contains a Build Number for that reason
This post was last modified: 16-03-2017, 02:57 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
tolullopsy
tolullopsy
tolullopsy
17-03-2017, 05:45 AM
So we can't Still root this phone for now?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-03-2017, 11:34 AM
(17-03-2017, 05:45 AM)tolullopsy So we can't Still root this phone for now?

The screenshot in the tutorial is proof that we successfully rooted the phone. You can also see a comment confirming it.
If your Build Number is different from the one in the guide then you should provide the stock recovery.img for your Build so we port a custom recovery for your Build (just to be safe)
This post was last modified: 17-03-2017, 11:36 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
tolullopsy
tolullopsy
tolullopsy
18-03-2017, 05:32 AM

People who have successfully rooted their m6, please put us through, maybe there is something we are not doing right
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
18-03-2017, 06:35 PM
(18-03-2017, 05:32 AM)tolullopsy People who have successfully rooted their m6, please put us through, maybe there is something we are not doing right

read the admin's reply that right above yours.
if your device has a different build number from what was specified in the guide, then you need to provide stock recovery so a custom recovery would be ported using your stock recovery
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-03-2017, 08:46 AM
(15-03-2017, 02:10 PM)Kemiboss Normal fastboot command..... am not sure this procedures rooted m6, my friend tried n got bootloop too

Is the M6 still bricked? We've gotten some files for a different Build / variant

Note!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-03-2017, 09:16 AM
(17-03-2017, 05:45 AM)tolullopsy So we can't Still root this phone for now?

is your M6 stuck in a Bootloop?

Note!
tolullopsy
tolullopsy
tolullopsy
21-03-2017, 07:59 AM
Admin, please drop the files u have gotten for the different build, so that we can make use of it
NicklasE
NicklasE
NicklasE
Enthusiastic Member
21-03-2017, 10:45 AM

Hi.

My device is stuck in the boot "Orange State...Your device will boot in 5 seconds". But it doesn't reboot. It just hangs there. Is there a key combination or something to get the device to boot the recovery image in order to get the device working again?

I'm not able to use fastboot or adb in this state:

Code:

$ adb devices
List of devices attached
89MZU4MJ8LMNJJI7 unauthorized

BR,
Nicklas
Attached Files
.jpg
m6.jpg
Size: 31.58 KB / Downloads: 24
Pages (9): Previous 1 2 3 4 59 Next