04-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Have you ever clicked 'Shutdown' and expected your PC to shutdown only for it to stay like that for hours without shutting down? That is a suicide note your laptop is giving and you should take it seriously. One common and easy fix is to disable autostart items because this issue points at a faulty app or process which Windows is having problems closing. To fix it:
1. Press Windows button
2. Search for msconfig.exe
3. Launch it
4. Under the General tab, choose 'Selective startup'
5. Leave 'Load system services' ticked. Untick 'Load startup items'
6. Click Apply then OK
7. You'll be prompted to restart for changes to take effect, go ahead and restart
8. If the restarting is taking long, force shutdown by holding down the power button till the PC goes off
9. Boot the PC then try shutting down again
10. Your PC should shutdown normally again