Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] How to root the Acer Liquid Z6 (T09)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] How to root the Acer Liquid Z6 (T09)

[Development] How to root the Acer Liquid Z6 (T09)

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Dirky
Dirky
Dirky
Enthusiastic Member
30-04-2017, 08:58 PM

(30-04-2017, 08:48 PM)hovatek
(30-04-2017, 09:51 AM)Dirky What ? I have restore my NANDroid backup, and my phone don't want to boot. Is it dead ?

Anyone can give me a full NANDroid backup of Acer Liquid Z6 for me to test ?

which files are in the Nandroid backup? Also, I think you only need to reflash stock recovery.img
Kindly shed more light on what you mean by "My phone has hard-brick when I try to manually launch the Philz's recovery mode."

I have LK BOOT,RECOVERY ,LOGO, SECRO ,TEE1, TEE2 and SYSTEM in my Miracle's NANDroid backup.

I try to manually launch Philz's recovery mode (launch the recovery mode by hold down vol+ and boot button. My phone started to reboot indefinily on the Acer logo , so I tried to connect it in my computer. My phone has turned off and he don't want to boot.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-05-2017, 12:39 PM
(30-04-2017, 08:58 PM)Dirky I have LK BOOT,RECOVERY ,LOGO, SECRO ,TEE1, TEE2 and SYSTEM in my Miracle's NANDroid backup.

I try to manually launch Philz's recovery mode (launch the recovery mode by hold down vol+ and boot button. My phone started to reboot indefinily on the Acer logo , so I tried to connect it in my computer. My phone has turned off and he don't want to boot.

Battery is probably drained. Connect the phone to power.
I believe you only need to flash back stock recovery to revive the phone.
Create a new thread so we can focus on it
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
darkflame
darkflame
darkflame
Enthusiastic Member
23-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Quick summery:

Phone: Acer Liquid Z6
Model No: T09
HMHW7EE0016480050D6D00  (from 'fastboot devices')

Gets stuck on boot logo, but I can get to recovery options with Power+Up (giving "recovery","fastboot","normal","demo");
Fastboot is setup on my pc and works.
Adb is too and I think it works, but cant test.

Desire:
Ideally a routed version of the OS it came with, failing that just it working again as purchased.
Alternatively some sort of stock android would also do.

Options tried:
Philz  - works (either via fastboot recovery, or booting directly via fastboot to it), seems to be able to install things.
CWM   - doesn't load.
TWRP  - doesn't load.

Using Philz I tried reinstalling the OS image from the official Acer site:
acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6995?b=1
Despite it seeming to install ok, it still refuses to boot, remaining on the same logo when you turn it on.
I then need to remove the battery and put it back to let me get to the recovery options again.

Longer explanation:

After buying Acer Liquid Z6 for development work, I have been trying for a week to root it with no luck. My first attempt failed and put it in the state shown above.
I think it went wrong because I (foolishly) didn't read this thread correctly and hit root at the end of the process.
Since then I have been trying various options without luck.

I thus decided to sign up and throw myself on the mercy of the forum.
Any advice on what to try/investigate from here?

Thanks,
Thomas
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-07-2017, 12:38 PM
(23-07-2017, 02:31 PM)darkflame Quick summery:

Gets stuck on boot logo, but I can get to recovery options with Power+Up (giving "recovery","fastboot","normal","demo");

Desire:
Ideally a routed version of the OS it came with, failing that just it working again as purchased.

Options tried:
Philz  - works (either via fastboot recovery, or booting directly via fastboot to it), seems to be able to install things.
CWM   - doesn't load.
TWRP  - doesn't load.

Despite it seeming to install ok, it still refuses to boot, remaining on the same logo when you turn it on.
I then need to remove the battery and put it back to let me get to the recovery options again.

Longer explanation:

After buying Acer Liquid Z6 for development work, I have been trying for a week to root it with no luck. My first attempt failed and put it in the state shown above.
I think it went wrong because I (foolishly) didn't read this thread correctly and hit root at the end of the process.

Thanks,
Thomas

Please, create a new thread so we focus on it

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-07-2017, 12:38 PM

(23-07-2017, 02:31 PM)darkflame Quick summery:

Desire:

Options tried:
CWM   - doesn't load.
TWRP  - doesn't load.

Longer explanation:

Thanks,
Thomas

Please, create a new thread so we focus on it

Note!
darkflame
darkflame
darkflame
Enthusiastic Member
25-07-2017, 09:50 PM
ah, sorry, will do that now, thanks.
Azossi
Azossi
Azossi
23-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Hi ! I've got a little problem with the tutorial, everything was good until when I put the : fastboot boot recovery.img !
de
It doesn't boot to Philz Recovery but to normal boot.

Thanks.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-09-2017, 10:07 AM
(23-09-2017, 05:34 PM)Azossi Hi ! I've got a little problem with the tutorial, everything was good until when I put the : fastboot boot recovery.img !
de
It doesn't boot to Philz Recovery but to normal boot.

Thanks.

What is your Build Number?

Note!
oxi
oxi
oxi
30-01-2018, 08:43 PM
Quote:Copy SuperSU.zip to both the phone’s internal storage

Quote:Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.78.zip on the SD Card and select it

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

"To both"?

You mean internal storage AND SD Card?
oxi
oxi
oxi
30-01-2018, 08:56 PM

Ok I've just read another 'How to root' thread and I get it now.

But why on both and not only on SD Card?
This post was last modified: 30-01-2018, 10:29 PM by oxi.
Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next