Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno P9 (pad mini) totally dead, wont come on, charge or show any sign of life
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno P9 (pad mini) totally dead, wont come on, charge or show any sign of life

[Please help] Tecno P9 (pad mini) totally dead, wont come on, charge or show any sign of life

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
knox
knox
knox
Enthusiastic Member
11-03-2015, 11:58 PM

(11-03-2015, 09:09 AM)hovatek
(10-03-2015, 11:56 PM)knox Thanks, see screenshot upon installing the VCOM Driver(s)

1. what OS is your PC running on?
2. have you tried using another PC?
3. does the error still occur after uninstalling using usb deview and reinstalling?
4. can you get access to any working Tecno phone with removable battery?

Am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
Yes, I tried using another PC, still the same error.
Yes, it still occurs even after uninstalling using deview and re-installing

No access to any working tecno phone at the moment.

what am I to do with another tecno phone with removable battery?
This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 09:25 AM by knox.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-03-2015, 10:38 AM
(11-03-2015, 11:58 PM)knox Am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
Yes, I tried using another PC, still the same error.
Yes, it still occurs even after uninstalling using deview and re-installing

No access to any working tecno phone at the moment.

what am I to do with another tecno phone with removable battery?

when you connect a Tecno phone without battery to PC, it automatically installs vcom drivers to the PC

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-03-2015, 10:44 AM
1. did you first uninstall vcom drivers using usb deview before re-installing
2. did you install all other drivers after vcom (the tutorial suggests this if the phone isnt detected after installing vcom alone)
3. open the MTK backup and paste the name of the scatter file here . should be something like .....MT65xx.... might need to get the driver for your specific chipseet
This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 10:47 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
knox
knox
knox
Enthusiastic Member
12-03-2015, 12:58 PM
(12-03-2015, 10:44 AM)hovatek 1. did you first uninstall vcom drivers using usb deview before re-installing
2. did you install all other drivers after vcom (the tutorial suggests this if the phone isnt detected after installing vcom alone)
3. open the MTK backup and paste the name of the scatter file here . should be something like .....MT65xx.... might need to get the driver for your specific chipseet

Don't know why this thing refuses to work, maybe I will send it in for repairs at the carlcare if they can fix it.
Thanks
This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 10:46 PM by knox.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-03-2015, 03:59 PM

(12-03-2015, 12:58 PM)knox Don't know why this things refuses to work, maybe I will send it in for repairs at the carlcare if they can fix it.
Thanks

that really is your call. we're here for you all the way if you choose to fix it yourself

Note!
knox
knox
knox
Enthusiastic Member
12-03-2015, 10:49 PM
(12-03-2015, 03:59 PM)hovatek
(12-03-2015, 12:58 PM)knox Don't know why this things refuses to work, maybe I will send it in for repairs at the carlcare if they can fix it.
Thanks

that really is your call. we're here for you all the way if you choose to fix it yourself

I really love to do things myself, its just that the thing refuse to get the driver installed and sp flash tool just keeps searching.

will get a tecno phone with removable battery and i will post back

Thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-03-2015, 11:04 AM
(12-03-2015, 10:49 PM)knox I really love to do things myself, its just that the thing refuse to get the driver installed and sp flash tool just keeps searching.

Thanks

quite a number of people having this sp flash tool detection issue got it fixed by re-installing windows. if its an option for you then you might want to consider it

Note!
knox
knox
knox
Enthusiastic Member
13-03-2015, 11:03 PM
(13-03-2015, 11:04 AM)hovatek
(12-03-2015, 10:49 PM)knox I really love to do things myself, its just that the thing refuse to get the driver installed and sp flash tool just keeps searching.

Thanks

quite a number of people having this sp flash tool detection issue got it fixed by re-installing windows. if its an option for you then you might want to consider it

thanks for the reply, I will back up my HDD and re-install windows and see if this fixes the detection issue
knox
knox
knox
Enthusiastic Member
31-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Thanks, I finally fixed the phone by giving it to an Engineer who fixed it...

The phone is back up and running.

Please how do I ROOT this phone, I have tried many rooting applications and they are not working.

I used KingRoot, I guess it gave me a partial root, because MTK Droid Tools only show a yellow icon below it.

I NEED HELP ROOT IT FULLY, HOW DID YOU ROOT THE ONE YOU TOOK BACKUP FROM?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-03-2015, 07:30 PM

(31-03-2015, 05:05 PM)knox Thanks, I finally fixed the phone by giving it to an Engineer who fixed it...

The phone is back up and running.

Please how do I ROOT this phone, I have tried many rooting applications and they are not working.

I used KingRoot, I guess it gave me a partial root, because MTK Droid Tools only show a yellow icon below it.

I NEED HELP ROOT IT FULLY, HOW DID YOU ROOT THE ONE YOU TOOK BACKUP FROM?

if MTK droid tools shows a yellow box (instead of a blue box) then it means your phone is rooted

Note!
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next