Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs Gateway ne56r
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Gateway ne56r

Gateway ne56r

Samwanjeri
Samwanjeri
Samwanjeri
05-04-2017, 10:17 AM

The laptop didn't come with bluetooth capability. I didn't like an external bluetooth dongle. So I used a usb hub fixed it inside and as well well as a Bluetooth dongle. Disconnected one of the usb ports fed the output to a hub (just the small inside pcb) then from the hub supplied the port back and the dongle. Everything works fine no clue of anything has been done to the laptop. My question is what are the possible problems that might come up in future?

Sent from my Infinix HOT 4 using Tapatalk
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
06-04-2017, 08:09 PM
(05-04-2017, 10:17 AM)Samwanjeri The laptop didn't come with bluetooth capability. I didn't like an external bluetooth dongle. So I used a usb hub fixed it inside and as well well as a Bluetooth dongle. Disconnected one of the usb ports fed the output to a hub (just the small inside pcb) then from the hub supplied the port back and the dongle. Everything works fine no clue of anything has been done to the laptop. My question is what are the possible problems that might come up in future?

Bluetooth is a hardware component. You can purchase a wlan card that has Bluetooth support. You"ll just need to install the drivers.

But for the method you used above, I don't see any after effects just that it seems extra lengthy just to have Bluetooth

Sent from my itel it1408 using the Hovatek Forum App
Samwanjeri
Samwanjeri
Samwanjeri
07-04-2017, 08:14 AM
(05-04-2017, 10:17 AM)Samwanjeri The laptop didn't come with bluetooth capability. I didn't like an external bluetooth dongle. So I used a usb hub fixed it inside and as well well as a Bluetooth dongle. Disconnected one of the usb ports fed the output to a hub (just the small inside pcb) then from the hub supplied the port back and the dongle. Everything works fine no clue of anything has been done to the laptop. My question is what are the possible problems that might come up in future?

Bluetooth is a hardware component. You can purchase a wlan card that has Bluetooth support. You"ll just need to install the drivers.

But for the method you used above, I don't see any after effects just that it seems extra lengthy just to have Bluetooth

Sent from my itel it1408 using the Hovatek Forum App
[/quote]
Couldn't get a compatible card