Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Invalid Imei on X551
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Invalid Imei on X551

[Please help] Invalid Imei on X551

Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Respected Member
05-04-2017, 11:23 AM

Please help
I have an infinix x551 shipped with the Android 5.1. I was kind of messing up with the rom so now I'm stocked with the invalid imei problem and the baseband is unknown.

I've searched online for different solutions but still yet nothing good found but still, I saw 3 possible solutions but I'm confused.

The first one is the MTK Droid tools solution. I have all the files downloaded and all drivers installed but MTK droid tool is not detecting my phone.

The second one is the SP Flash tool solution but I don't have the NVRAM and scatter file. Please if there's a way you can help me with d NVRAM and scatter file. its INFINIX X551 HOT NOTE 16GB+1GB on OS 5.1

The Third solution I saw was here on hovatek. Someone uploaded the NVRAM and secro backup that I should restore via TWRP. Now I have TWRP installed and I tried recovering the files but Im getting a MD5 verification failed.

Please Help Me??????????
izuegbudavidc
izuegbudavidc
izuegbudavidc
05-04-2017, 12:49 PM
Sir please am new to hovatek and am using the android mobile app, please how can create a thread

Sent from my M623C using the Hovatek Forum App
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-04-2017, 06:45 PM
(05-04-2017, 11:23 AM)Hayordejee Please help
I have an infinix x551 shipped with the Android 5.1. I was kind of messing up with the rom so now I'm stocked with the invalid imei problem and the baseband is unknown.

I've searched online for different solutions but still yet nothing good found but still, I saw 3 possible solutions but I'm confused.

The first one is the MTK Droid tools solution. I have all the files downloaded and all drivers installed but MTK droid tool is not detecting my phone.

The second one is the SP Flash tool solution but I don't have the NVRAM and scatter file. Please if there's a way you can help me with d NVRAM and scatter file. its INFINIX X551 HOT NOTE 16GB+1GB on OS 5.1

The Third solution I saw was here on hovatek. Someone uploaded the NVRAM and secro backup that I should restore via TWRP. Now I have TWRP installed and I tried recovering the files but Im getting a MD5 verification failed.

Please Help Me??????????

First you need to regain Baseband before you consider fixing IMEI
To regain Baseband, first go to Settings > Backup and reset then wipe your phone. If Unknown Baseband persists then you'll need to reflash the firmware to regain Baseband.
Once Baseband is regained, you can then write IMEI using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Hayordejee
Respected Member
06-04-2017, 10:52 AM
(05-04-2017, 06:45 PM)hovatek
(05-04-2017, 11:23 AM)Hayordejee Please help

Please Help Me??????????

First you need to regain Baseband before you consider fixing IMEI
To regain Baseband, first go to Settings > Backup and reset then wipe your phone. If Unknown Baseband persists then you'll need to reflash the firmware to regain Baseband.
Once Baseband is regained, you can then write IMEI using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html

Thank you Hovatek
After wiping, I was able to regain Baseband

I think now I can now change my imei.
Thanks Once again