Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android I need firmware for Citycall K8
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

I need firmware for Citycall K8

I need firmware for Citycall K8

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Francis Frimpong Koduah
Francis Frimpong Koduah
Francis Frimpong Koduah
Techie Member
05-04-2017, 12:29 PM

I couldn't find the firmware for Citycall model K8 3G at the FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS section. Please, can you get it for me?. I understand Citycall K8 runs on mt6580A platform. I was wondering if I can use any mt6580A Stock ROM for the phone in case I don't get the exact firmware for Citycall K8.

Sent from my Infinix NOTE 3 Pro using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
05-04-2017, 06:53 PM
(05-04-2017, 12:29 PM)Francis Frimpong Koduah I couldn't find the firmware for Citycall model K8 3G at the FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS section. Please, can you get it for me?. I understand Citycall K8 runs on mt6580A platform. I was wondering if I can use any mt6580A Stock ROM for the phone in case I don't get the exact firmware for Citycall K8.

Just ran a quick search, nothing solid came up. I wouldn't advise you flash just any firmware to your phone (even same chipset)
What's wrong with the phone and how did it start?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Francis Frimpong Koduah
Francis Frimpong Koduah
Francis Frimpong Koduah
Techie Member
05-04-2017, 08:31 PM
I tried to bypass the factory reset protection using SP Flash Tool. and I ended up bricking the phone. The phone has gone dead. I am unable to power it on or charge it. But fortunately when I connect it to the PC, I hear the connection sound and after less than one minute I also hear the disconnection sound. I must also mention that I can't access the phone from the PC. Please, my colleague is using the same phone model but the situation is his phone is also having Factory Reset Protection problem so he can't access the developer option. Can it help me fix mine ?

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-04-2017, 09:49 AM
(05-04-2017, 08:31 PM)Francis Frimpong Koduah I tried to bypass the factory reset protection using SP Flash Tool. and I ended up bricking the phone. The phone has gone dead. I am unable to power it on or charge it. But fortunately when I connect it to the PC, I hear the connection sound and after less than one minute I also hear the disconnection sound. I must also mention that I can't access the phone from the PC. Please, my colleague is using the same phone model but the situation is his phone is also having Factory Reset Protection problem so he can't access the developer option. Can it help me fix mine ?

Would help to know what exactly you did in SP flash tool.
Anyway, dump your friend's phone's firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html (despite the FRP). You can always bypass FRP easily.
Let me know once then dump is done

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Francis Frimpong Koduah
Francis Frimpong Koduah
Francis Frimpong Koduah
Techie Member
06-04-2017, 08:33 PM

I downloaded the FRP mt6580_ andriod_scatter file and extracted it . l opened the sp flash tool and selected scatter file mt6580 and then selected format all + download and connected the phone to PC via USB cord. After this I tried to turn on the phone but all my efforts proved futile. I just figured that the phone model of my colleague is different from mine. His model citycall k6 and mine is Citycall K8 so I guess ROM DUMP is not an option anymore. Please, do I have any alternatives to fix it.?

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-04-2017, 09:00 AM
(06-04-2017, 08:33 PM)Francis Frimpong Koduah I downloaded the FRP mt6580_ andriod_scatter file and extracted it . l opened the sp flash tool and selected scatter file mt6580 and then selected format all + download and connected the phone to PC via USB cord. After this I tried to turn on the phone but all my efforts proved futile. I just figured that the phone model of my colleague is different from mine. His model citycall k6 and mine is Citycall K8 so I guess ROM DUMP is not an option anymore. Please, do I have any alternatives to fix it.?

Your friend can easily bypass His using the Miracle Box method @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12794.html
You on the other hand are in a worse situation. You formatted armed with only a scatter file (and not a firmware). The only fix for you is to either find a working phone of your model or the firmware
If you are lucky then its possible formatting didn't take place so with fingers crossed, I'm going to ask you this question:
When trying to format, did you get 100% OK (green circle) or you got an error message instead?
This post was last modified: 07-04-2017, 09:06 AM by hovatek.

Note!
Francis Frimpong Koduah
Francis Frimpong Koduah
Francis Frimpong Koduah
Techie Member
07-04-2017, 04:46 PM
I got error message during the process. It didn't get to 100%

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-04-2017, 09:15 PM
(07-04-2017, 04:46 PM)Francis Frimpong Koduah I got error message during the process. It didn't get to 100%

Lets hope you're as lucky as I think you are.
Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html

Note!
Francis Frimpong Koduah
Francis Frimpong Koduah
Francis Frimpong Koduah
Techie Member
09-04-2017, 09:15 AM
It didn't work. Please do we have a universal stock ROM for all MTK devices?

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-04-2017, 02:15 PM

(09-04-2017, 09:15 AM)Francis Frimpong Koduah It didn't work. Please do we have a universal stock ROM for all MTK devices?

There's no such thing as universal stock rom.
which of the methods did you try from the thread @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html ??
Pages (2): 1 2 Next