Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android HELP WITH RUNNING AN ADB BOOTLOADER FOR MY TECNO PHANTOM 6 PLUS
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

HELP WITH RUNNING AN ADB BOOTLOADER FOR MY TECNO PHANTOM 6 PLUS

HELP WITH RUNNING AN ADB BOOTLOADER FOR MY TECNO PHANTOM 6 PLUS

bawozo
bawozo
bawozo
Enthusiastic Member
14-04-2017, 05:19 PM

Hello and good evening. Please I need help with running an adb bootloader operation on my phone prior to rooting the phone. Each time I try to follow the procedures for running the bootloader, I succeed in getting to the "Fastboot mode" but nothing seems to happen with my phone loading into bootloader mode cause it loads and proceeds to the normal screen for using the device as compared to obeying other commands that will help in completing a successful bootloader and with it the operation for rooting the phone. Please, any and every help will be very appreciated for this problem. I really need to complete the bootloading procedures in order for me to root my phone.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
14-04-2017, 06:07 PM
(14-04-2017, 05:19 PM)bawozo Hello and good evening. Please I need help with running an adb bootloader operation on my phone prior to rooting the phone. Each time I try to follow the procedures for running the bootloader, I succeed in getting to the "Fastboot mode" but nothing seems to happen with my phone loading into bootloader mode cause it loads and proceeds to the normal screen for using the device as compared to obeying other commands that will help in completing a successful bootloader and with it the operation for rooting the phone. Please, any and every help will be very appreciated for this problem. I really need to complete the bootloading procedures in order for me to root my phone.

Reflash recovery.img from stock rom and retry.

See also guide on how to root Phantom 6plus https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16237.html

Sent from my Z10 using Hovatek mobile
bawozo
bawozo
bawozo
Enthusiastic Member
14-04-2017, 06:28 PM
(14-04-2017, 06:07 PM)Please, how do I reflash the recovery.img file from the stock rom? Reflash recovery.img from stock rom and retry.

See also guide on how to root Phantom 6plus https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16237.html

bawozo
bawozo
bawozo
Enthusiastic Member
14-04-2017, 06:31 PM
@Innagee, thanks for your replies to both my thread. I will appreciate having answers on how to reflash the recovery.img file in order to properly carry out the fastboot operation for my phone.
nnec
nnec
nnec
14-04-2017, 06:40 PM

(14-04-2017, 05:19 PM)bawozo Hello and good evening. Please I need help with running an adb bootloader operation on my phone prior to rooting the phone. Each time I try to follow the procedures for running the bootloader, I succeed in getting to the "Fastboot mode" but nothing seems to happen with my phone loading into bootloader mode cause it loads and proceeds to the normal screen for using the device as compared to obeying other commands that will help in completing a successful bootloader and with it the operation for rooting the phone. Please, any and every help will be very appreciated for this problem. I really need to complete the bootloading procedures in order for me to root my phone.

You mean custom recovery?
Flash philz touch recovery its better than twrp in phone that might hide your storage device in costom recovery.

Flash the philz recovery meant for your phantom 6+ and install latest SuperSU zip you must have downloaded and kept in the root of both your internal and external storage from the philz recovery. Boot to recovery and click install zip, allow it to do the work and the reboot. Your phone is rooted

Sent from my Max3_3G using the Hovatek Forum App
bawozo
bawozo
bawozo
Enthusiastic Member
14-04-2017, 06:43 PM
The issue I am experiencing here has to do with this command prompt "fastboot oem unlock" each time I enter this command into the adb command field for fastbooting the phone, nothing seems to be happening. Instead of getting the command prompt on my screen requesting for me to press the volume up button as instructed in the tutorial, nothing comes up. Instead the phone boots up into it's normal interface for operations to be processed. I hope I am not confusing whoever will be assisting me with what I am trying to explain here. Please your assistance will be very appreciated, cause I have noticed all searches for the answers to this problem lead back to www.hovatek.com with the solution.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
14-04-2017, 07:23 PM
(14-04-2017, 06:43 PM)bawozo The issue I am experiencing here has to do with this command prompt "fastboot oem unlock" each time I enter this command into the adb command field for fastbooting the phone, nothing seems to be happening. Instead of getting the command prompt on my screen requesting for me to press the volume up button as instructed in the tutorial, nothing comes up. Instead the phone boots up into it's normal interface for operations to be processed. I hope I am not confusing whoever will be assisting me with what I am trying to explain here. Please your assistance will be very appreciated, cause I have noticed all searches for the answers to this problem lead back to www.hovatek.com with the solution.

Make sure you:
* Enable USB Debugging on the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus
* Enable OEM Unlocking under Settings > Developer options

See guide https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16225.html

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-04-2017, 11:18 PM
(14-04-2017, 06:43 PM)bawozo The issue I am experiencing here has to do with this command prompt "fastboot oem unlock" each time I enter this command into the adb command field for fastbooting the phone, nothing seems to be happening. Instead of getting the command prompt on my screen requesting for me to press the volume up button as instructed in the tutorial, nothing comes up. Instead the phone boots up into it's normal interface for operations to be processed. I hope I am not confusing whoever will be assisting me with what I am trying to explain here. Please your assistance will be very appreciated, cause I have noticed all searches for the answers to this problem lead back to www.hovatek.com with the solution.

Here's what I need you to do.
Boot the phone into normal mode. Relaunch adb then run the commands from the start. Once you get stuck, I want to see a full screenshot of the command prompt (all commands and their responses need to show) so I can pinpoint the source of the problem

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.