Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] GIONEE M6 lite
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] GIONEE M6 lite

[Please help] GIONEE M6 lite

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Maing
Maing
Maing
18-03-2018, 03:24 PM

PMT changed for the rom it must be downloaded
please explain how to handle that error thanks
Maing
Maing
Maing
18-03-2018, 04:20 PM
sir please help i tried rooting with Magisk like you suggested. i got the boot.img
patched and i tried to flash this using SP flash tools.what am getting is
PMT changed for the ROM must be downloaded. now my gionee m6 lite wont come on.i used the same scatter file that i used to extract the boot.img
please help
Maing
Maing
Maing
18-03-2018, 06:03 PM
i had extracted the ROM with the Sp flash tools but i could not connect my phone to
Mtk droid tools to finish making it.is there any other tool i can use to make that extraction work?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-03-2018, 12:11 PM
(18-03-2018, 04:20 PM)Maing sir please help i tried rooting with Magisk like you suggested. i got the boot.img
patched and i tried to flash this using SP flash tools.what am getting is
PMT changed for the ROM must be downloaded. now my gionee m6 lite wont come on.i used the same scatter file that i used to extract the boot.img
please help

Follow the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html to revive the phone

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-03-2018, 12:14 PM

(18-03-2018, 06:03 PM)Maing i had extracted the ROM with the Sp flash tools but i could not connect my phone to
Mtk droid tools to finish making it.is there any other tool i can use to make that extraction work?

You have no business using MTK Droid tools, it won't even work.
The PMT error must be as a result of the scatter file you used not being fully compatible with your device.
Backup your phone's firmware using Wwr tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html instead and let me know once done

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Maing
Maing
Maing
19-03-2018, 08:00 PM
i think i messed up the phone because when flashing the patched boot.img and it didn't work. i used the format tab and formatted. am i done for is my phone now just a paper weight? that is why am so desperately looking for where to download the stock ROM. The one i had extracted is still the way it was from sp flash tools.is there anything i can do with that Rom_1?
please advice.
thanks
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-03-2018, 02:05 PM
(19-03-2018, 08:00 PM)Maing i think i messed up the phone because when flashing the patched boot.img and it didn't work. i used the format tab and formatted. am i done for is my phone now just a paper weight? that is why am so desperately looking for where to download the stock ROM. The one i had extracted is still the way it was from sp flash tools.is there anything i can do with that Rom_1?
please advice.
thanks

Formatting was a terrible idea. Now, you'll need a complete firmware / backup to revive it.
What's the size of ROM_1 and which partitions were dumped?

Note!
Maing
Maing
Maing
20-03-2018, 02:13 PM
(20-03-2018, 02:05 PM)hovatek
(19-03-2018, 08:00 PM)Maing i think i messed up the phone because when flashing the patched boot.img and it didn't work. i used the format tab and formatted. am i done for is my phone now just a paper weight? that is why am so desperately looking for where to download the stock ROM. The one i had extracted is still the way it was from sp flash tools.is there anything i can do with that Rom_1?
please advice.
thanks

Formatting was a terrible idea. Now, you'll need a complete firmware / backup to revive it.
What's the size of ROM_1 and which partitions were dumped?

the size is 3.6gb. i don't know how to check which partitions were dumped.please advise.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-03-2018, 05:26 PM
(20-03-2018, 02:13 PM)Maing the size is 3.6gb. i don't know how to check which partitions were dumped.please advise.

match the length you inputted in SPft readback window with the partition size in the scatter file you used
all partitions above the partition size in the scatter file are included

when you formatted in SPft, what option did you choose; format all OR format all except bootloader?
and whats the current state of the phone; totally dead or it only vibrates when you press the power button?
Maing
Maing
Maing
20-03-2018, 06:25 PM

(20-03-2018, 05:26 PM)X3non
(20-03-2018, 02:13 PM)Maing the size is 3.6gb. i don't know how to check which partitions were dumped.please advise.

match the length you inputted in SPft readback window with the partition size in the scatter file you used
all partitions above the partition size in the scatter file are included

when you formatted in SPft, what option did you choose; format all OR format all except bootloader?
and whats the current state of the phone; totally dead or it only vibrates when you press the power button?

i choose format all except bootloader the power button is not doing anything but when i connect to the computer sp flash tools responds and am able to flash the original boot.im that i had extracted.
Am trying to understand this "match the length you inputted in SPft readback window with the partition size in
the scatter file you used all partitions above the partition size in the scatter file are included#
Pages (6): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next