Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno P5
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno P5

Tecno P5

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
21-04-2017, 06:17 AM

Hello, I have a tecno P5 I've been trying to flash cos it doesn't get past tecno when powered on.

But the problem I've not been able to flash it. It requires that I that I use format+download all option cos the PMT has Been changed but the phone doesn't format.

It will just be on the format bar for awhile then show "format error, possibly given a wrong format range".

I've tried all know P5 roms but the old one even same issue. I was able to read info on device using miracle box and downloaded the exact ROM still the same thing.

I even used another tecno rom just to see if it will brick then maybe I flash again with right rom, Still the same format error blah blah.

Is it that the phone is unable to receive flash or there's something I'm yet to do right?

Erhiskobi Mobile Phones Services
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
21-04-2017, 12:21 PM
(21-04-2017, 06:17 AM)erhiskobi Hello, I have a tecno P5 I've been trying to flash cos it doesn't get past tecno when powered on.

But the problem I've not been able to flash it. It requires that I that I use format+download all option cos the PMT has Been changed but the phone doesn't format.

It will just be on the format bar for awhile then show "format error, possibly given a wrong format range".

I've tried all know P5 roms but the old one even same issue. I was able to read info on device using miracle box and downloaded the exact ROM still the same thing.

I even used another tecno rom just to see if it will brick then maybe I flash again with right rom, Still the same format error blah blah.

Is it that the phone is unable to receive flash or there's something I'm yet to do right?

ReadInfo using Miracle Box and upload a screenshot of the output

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
22-04-2017, 02:14 AM
(21-04-2017, 12:21 PM)hovatek
(21-04-2017, 06:17 AM)erhiskobi Hello, I have a tecno P5 I've been trying to flash cos it doesn't get past tecno when powered on.

Ok

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
23-04-2017, 12:20 AM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7534kW...p=drivesdk

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
23-04-2017, 12:22 AM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7534kW...p=drivesdk

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-04-2017, 11:37 AM
(23-04-2017, 12:22 AM)erhiskobi https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7534kW...p=drivesdk

Seems the firmware you're using isn't for the phone's Build. Either its a clone or yet another P5 build.
Try backup preloader.bin, boot.bin and recovery.bin of the phone using Miracle Box

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
24-04-2017, 10:11 AM
(23-04-2017, 11:37 AM)hovatek
(23-04-2017, 12:22 AM)erhiskobi https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7534kW...p=drivesdk

Seems the firmware you're using isn't for the phone's Build. Either its a clone or yet another P5 build.
Try backup preloader.bin, boot.bin and recovery.bin of the phone using Miracle Box

I tried doing that, there was no option to tick the partitions to backup. Miracle box just went ahead to back up eMMC and at the end, a bin file of about 3gb was backed up.

I will send screenshot. Also I'm flashing the exact build id for the phone. I downloaded the rom from Hovatek too.

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
24-04-2017, 10:21 AM
(23-04-2017, 11:37 AM)hovatek

After backing these up, what do I do with them? Cos I'm backing them up right now.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-04-2017, 04:19 PM
(24-04-2017, 10:21 AM)erhiskobi After backing these up, what do I do with them? Cos I'm backing them up right now.

You were supposed to tick Save as scatter.
You know what, backup preloader.bin, boot.bin and system.bin
ensure to tick Save as scatter

Note!
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
24-04-2017, 04:52 PM

(24-04-2017, 04:19 PM)hovatek
(24-04-2017, 10:21 AM)erhiskobi After backing these up, what do I do with them? Cos I'm backing them up right now.

You were supposed to tick Save as scatter.
You know what, backup preloader.bin, boot.bin and system.bin
ensure to tick Save as scatter

Yes I forgot to. But I have now. After backing up the preloader.bin, boot.bin (tho it's showing bootimg.bin) and system.bin what should I do next?

Pages (2): 1 2 Next