Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to extract scatter file from phone

Question 

Hello,

I'm currently trying to figure out how to root my phone (BLU Advance 5.0 HD), however everywhere I look a scatter file is required, and I cannot figure out how to extract it for the life of me.

Any nudge in the right direction or otherwise help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Use Droid Tools.
[url=https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-468.html][/url]

(04-23-2017, 01:29 AM)essayn Wrote: Use Droid Tools.
[url=https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-468.html][/url]

Thank you for your help!

I tried this before and I was missing the step involving PdaNet. I now have my device connected to MTK Droid, but I am getting this error. Again, any advice would be great, thank you.

Quote: --->>> Connect to device <<<---
 --- ERROR  :  --- TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64 !!!
 --- Unknown ROM structure, backup NOT possible! 
ATTENTION!  File /system/recovery-from-boot.p which restore factory recovery in case of phone switching on in a normal mode Is Found!

Attached Files
.png   Untitled.png (Size: 5.29 KB / Downloads: 4)
--- ERROR  :  --- TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64 !!!  -> Check this thread for the error.

--- Unknown ROM structure, backup NOT possible! -> Your Chipset isn´t supported, it seems. You may check this thread.

ATTENTION!  File /system/recovery-from-boot.p which restore factory recovery in case of phone switching on in a normal mode Is Found! -> Just delete or rename the recovery-from-boot.p from the root directory of your phone. ES-Explorer or any other root-explorer will help.
(04-22-2017, 11:46 PM)spanner1122 Wrote: Hello,

I'm currently trying to figure out how to root my phone (BLU Advance 5.0 HD), however everywhere I look a scatter file is required, and I cannot figure out how to extract it for the life of me.

Any nudge in the right direction or otherwise help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

If you wish to backup your firmware then do so in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13347.html
It would help to know your Android version for rooting
(04-23-2017, 11:48 AM)hovatek Wrote:

Thanks in advance!

If you wish to backup your firmware then do so in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13347.html

Thank you for everyone's help so far. I have been trying to follow through with the suggestions in this thread, however I have ran into a few hiccups. By the way, I am running Android Marshmallow.

I am currently trying to use MiracleBox to extract the scatter file since Droid Tools does not seem to support the way that my files are layed out. Unfortunately I've been trying for hours and I can't seem to get MiracleBox to detect my phone. I have tried all sorts of drivers, and I am following the direction exactly as listed in the post that you linked, however I am always stuck at 'Waiting for USB Port...'

I am completely at a loss how to connect the phone at this point and if anyone has any tips I would greatly appreciate it.

As I mentioned before, I am trying to root my phone, so I cannot perform actions such as renaming the file suggested above as it would require root permissions to start with.

Thank you
(04-24-2017, 06:12 AM)spanner1122 Wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for everyone's help so far. I have been trying to follow through with the suggestions in this thread, however I have ran into a few hiccups. By the way, I am running Android Marshmallow.

I am currently trying to use MiracleBox to extract the scatter file since Droid Tools does not seem to support the way that my files are layed out. Unfortunately I've been trying for hours and I can't seem to get MiracleBox to detect my phone. I have tried all sorts of drivers, and I am following the direction exactly as listed in the post that you linked, however I am always stuck at 'Waiting for USB Port...'

I am completely at a loss how to connect the phone at this point and if anyone has any tips I would greatly appreciate it.

As I mentioned before, I am trying to root my phone, so I cannot perform actions such as renaming the file suggested above as it would require root permissions to start with.

Thank you

Ah ha I spoke to soon! What are the chances that the millionth driver and also the one that I tried right after posting this would work?

Anyway, I have a scatter file now, thank you for your help. Am I able to further request assistance in using this to root my device in this thread, or should I create a new one?

Thanks again.
(04-24-2017, 06:19 AM)spanner1122 Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 06:12 AM)spanner1122 Wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Thank you

Ah ha I spoke to soon! What are the chances that the millionth driver and also the one that I tried right after posting this would work?

Anyway, I have a scatter file now, thank you for your help. Am I able to further request assistance in using this to root my device in this thread, or should I create a new one?

Thanks again.

Creating new thread will be better, since this problem is solved.

Sent from my Z10 using Hovatek mobile
(04-24-2017, 06:19 AM)spanner1122 Wrote: Ah ha I spoke to soon! What are the chances that the millionth driver and also the one that I tried right after posting this would work?

Thanks again.

Because of the title, I would ask that you please create a new thread for the rooting request. In your thread, we'll need the:
1. Phone model
2. Build Number
3. Android version
4. Chipset (its Mediatek)
5. Uploaded recovery.bin and scatter file then drop the link