Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Samsung S5 sm-g900h rebooting problem
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Samsung S5 sm-g900h rebooting problem

Samsung S5 sm-g900h rebooting problem

Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
24-04-2017, 12:00 PM

When the screen is on while playing any audio, it playes up to the end.. But when u try to switch off the screen , it hangs(jam),just like the scatched cd's do then reboots.. Likewise when u are making a call, unless u put it on loud speaker,. But whn u put it close to ur ear, and the proximity sensor turns off the screen, it hangs and reboots. Tried to install repair four file stock rom version 4.4.2, the problem didnt seem to go anywhere. Tried to install version 5 and 6.0.1, same old story.. Tried to install vlc player, the problem is still there.. Anyone with crazy ideas?? Because now am stuck.. Thank you..

Sent from my TECNO-Y5S using the Hovatek Forum App
This post was last modified: 24-04-2017, 02:08 PM by Kenneth.mtika.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-04-2017, 05:10 PM
(24-04-2017, 12:00 PM)Kenneth.mtika When the screen is on while playing any audio, it playes up to the end.. But when u try to switch off the screen , it hangs(jam),just like the scatched cd's do then reboots.. Likewise when u are making a call, unless u put it on loud speaker,. But whn u put it close to ur ear, and the proximity sensor turns off the screen, it hangs and reboots. Tried to install repair four file stock rom version 4.4.2, the problem didnt seem to go anywhere. Tried to install version 5 and 6.0.1, same old story.. Tried to install vlc player, the problem is still there.. Anyone with crazy ideas?? Because now am stuck.. Thank you..

Would've suspected a kernel issue although its strange that the other firmware you've tried don't help.
Does this issue persist in Safe Mode and have you tried with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off & SIM + SD card removed?
This post was last modified: 24-04-2017, 05:16 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
24-04-2017, 07:01 PM
(24-04-2017, 05:10 PM)hovatek
(24-04-2017, 12:00 PM)Kenneth.mtika When the screen is on while playing any audio, it playes up to the end.. But when u try to switch off the screen , it hangs(jam),just like the scatched cd's do then reboots.. Likewise when u are making a call, unless u put it on loud speaker,. But whn u put it close to ur ear, and the proximity sensor turns off the screen, it hangs and reboots. Tried to install repair four file stock rom version 4.4.2, the problem didnt seem to go anywhere. Tried to install version 5 and 6.0.1, same old story.. Tried to install vlc player, the problem is still there.. Anyone with crazy ideas?? Because now am stuck.. Thank you..

Would've suspected a kernel issue although its strange that the other firmware you've tried don't help.
Does this issue persist in Safe Mode and have you tried with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off & SIM + SD card removed?

I have tried every possible solution.. All your suggestions

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-04-2017, 02:44 PM
(24-04-2017, 07:01 PM)Kenneth.mtika I have tried every possible solution.. All your suggestions

Drop your gmail address if you're on Google Hangouts. Would like to take a closer look at this case

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
27-04-2017, 03:28 PM

(24-04-2017, 07:01 PM)Kenneth.mtika I have tried every possible solution.. All your suggestions

Drop your gmail address if you're on Google Hangouts. Would like to take a closer look at this case
[/quote]
Kenneth.mtika@gmail.com... Will install hangouts shortly, i uninstalled it

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-04-2017, 05:28 PM
(27-04-2017, 03:28 PM)Kenneth.mtika Kenneth.mtika@gmail.com... Will install hangouts shortly, i uninstalled it

Invite sent

Note!
successosaghaede
successosaghaede
successosaghaede
Techie Member
01-05-2017, 10:44 PM
(24-04-2017, 12:00 PM)Kenneth.mtika When the screen is on while playing any audio, it playes up to the end.. But when u try to switch off the screen , it hangs(jam),just like the scatched cd's do then reboots.. Likewise when u are making a call, unless u put it on loud speaker,. But whn u put it close to ur ear, and the proximity sensor turns off the screen, it  hangs and reboots. Tried to install repair four file stock rom version 4.4.2, the problem didnt seem to go anywhere. Tried to install version 5 and 6.0.1, same old story.. Tried to install vlc player, the problem is still there.. Anyone with crazy ideas?? Because now am stuck.. Thank you..

successosaghaede
successosaghaede
successosaghaede
Techie Member
01-05-2017, 10:47 PM
i think its a panel problem...if you have flashed d phone successfully and it is still occurring,dat not a software issue, its hardware and probably is a pannel problem..
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
Kenneth.mtika
01-05-2017, 11:09 PM
(01-05-2017, 10:47 PM)successosaghaede i think its a panel problem...if you have flashed d phone successfully and it is still occurring,dat not a software issue, its hardware and probably is a pannel problem..

, yea... Am thinking of disconecting the light and proximity sensor first.. See how it will behave...

Sent from my TECNO-Y5S using Hovatek Forum mobile app