Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gionee M6 Mirror Persistent IMEI error

I unlocked bootloader through fastboot, flashed Philz Custom Recovery and then rooted the phone. That's where my imei problem started. I've employed all means of solving this problem without any success. I notice that each time I use any of those methods of curing the defects the imei would change but remains invalid and with the two original imei will change to 5w61wpwp7 and 5w61wpwp7w351#0. Where am I getting it wrong?

Sent from my M6 mirror using the Hovatek Forum App

(04-26-2017, 05:57 PM)benarex Wrote: I unlocked bootloader through fastboot, flashed Philz Custom Recovery and then rooted the phone. That's where my imei problem started. I've employed all means of solving this problem without any success. I notice that each time I use any of those methods of curing the defects the imei would change but remains invalid and with the two original imei will change to 5w61wpwp7 and 5w61wpwp7w351#0. Where am I getting it wrong?

Try flashing back stock recovery and boot.img, re-write IMEI then see if the IMEI issue persists
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
Thanks everyone, I finally solved the imei problem by writing it with maui meta 3g build 9....A post I saw elsewhere indicated that only SN WRITER TOOL and MAUI META 3G can actually rewrite imei number - the rest apps only "scratched the surface" and so I opted for MAUI META cos I can find only the BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT67XX in my phone. However, it took some time for me to solve it cos I was using Maui Meta v6... instead of build 9. Once again thank you everyone, I remain grateful.