Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android TWRP 3.1.0 Back Up directly to PC feature does not work on my device
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

TWRP 3.1.0 Back Up directly to PC feature does not work on my device

TWRP 3.1.0 Back Up directly to PC feature does not work on my device

amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
27-04-2017, 04:48 PM

I was trying to probe the new feature of TWRP 3.1.0 of backing up directly to PC, and excute the command "adb backup -f boot.img --twrp compress boot”, but Promt show up “Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation…”, and I don´t know why if my bootloader is unlocked, when I type fastboot getvar unlocked, I get unlocked: yes.

What I´m doing wrong?, please help….

Thanks in advantage
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-04-2017, 05:41 PM
(27-04-2017, 04:48 PM)amaury1967 I was trying to probe the new feature of TWRP 3.1.0 of backing up directly to PC, and excute the command "adb backup -f boot.img --twrp compress boot”, but Promt show up “Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation…”, and I don´t know why if my bootloader is unlocked, when I type fastboot getvar unlocked, I get unlocked: yes.

What I´m doing wrong?, please help….

Thanks in advantage

You're supposed to unlock TWRP (if it's gone to sleep) then swipe to confirm backup

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
27-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Hello, I don´t understand what you tell me. I follow some tutorial on the web, telling me to write that adb command. Phone is on Recovery Mode, running TWRP 3.1.0, not sleeping, then I write the command on the Prompt, and the answer was that I mentioned. Now, following your advice, if in this condition, I swipe on TWRP 3.1.0 to make back up, yes, it´s done, but in Internal Storage, or in External SD Card, the only to allowed by TWRP, not to PC how the feature mentione.

Please, do you have any tutorial on how to use this TWRP 3.1.0 new feature?...

Thanks in advance, by the way, I have posted another Thread, about unpacking/repacking system.img. Hoping it was also answered.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-04-2017, 09:12 AM
(27-04-2017, 06:21 PM)amaury1967 Hello, I don´t understand what you tell me. I follow some tutorial on the web, telling me to write that adb command. Phone is on Recovery Mode, running TWRP 3.1.0, not sleeping, then I write the command on the Prompt, and the answer was that I mentioned. Now, following your advice, if in this condition, I swipe on TWRP 3.1.0 to make back up, yes, it´s done, but in Internal Storage, or in External SD Card, the only to allowed by TWRP, not to PC how the feature mentione.

Thanks in advance, by the way, I have posted another Thread, about unpacking/repacking system.img. Hoping it was also answered.

Try this command instead

Code:

adb backup --twrp

Tick the necessary partitions when prompted then swipe to approve backup to PC

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
28-04-2017, 04:08 PM

(28-04-2017, 09:12 AM)hovatek
(27-04-2017, 06:21 PM)amaury1967 Hello, I don´t understand what you tell me. I follow some tutorial on the web, telling me to write that adb command. Phone is on Recovery Mode, running TWRP 3.1.0, not sleeping, then I write the command on the Prompt, and the answer was that I mentioned. Now, following your advice, if in this condition, I swipe on TWRP 3.1.0 to make back up, yes, it´s done, but in Internal Storage, or in External SD Card, the only to allowed by TWRP, not to PC how the feature mentione.

Try this command instead

Code:

adb backup --twrp

Tick the necessary partitions when prompted then swipe to approve backup to PC

Hello, I typed adb backup --twrp on Prompt, press Enter, and Prompt gave me same message “Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation…

More data, my phone is an Alcatel One Touch Pop Pop, or TCL 5022D. Some months ago you ported an TWRP 2.8.7.0 for me. I’ve read a little about the matter, and I could Port an TWRP 3.1.0-0 from one obtained on Internet for Doogee X6 [MT6580].

I’ve red TWRP 3.1.0-0 directly backup to PC feature is being testing at this moment. I don’t know if it could happens it does not work properly in some devices, like mine. Maybe yoy know more about that.

Finally, I insiste about other Thread I’ve put After flashing repacked system.img phone gets stock on boot, or in inicialization and I haven’t got answer on it.
Attached Files
.png
TWRP 3.1.0 BackUp to PC not working.png
Size: 39.69 KB / Downloads: 4
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-04-2017, 08:40 PM
(28-04-2017, 04:08 PM)amaury1967 .

adb isn't recognizing the device in TWRP.
Reboot the phone into TWRP then disconnect and reconnect the device.
Consider updating your adb using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17105.html

Note!
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
02-05-2017, 04:59 PM
(28-04-2017, 08:40 PM)hovatek
(28-04-2017, 04:08 PM)amaury1967 .Hello, well, ADB and FastBoot, them both, work fine with my phone since the beginning, since I started with all these.  I don´t think this is the problem. Let me tell some result this weekend, I´ve already get action on adb command on TWRP Mode Backup. With backup opened and a folder (for ex. Boot) selected to make backup on TWRP, when I type adb backup --twrp on Prompt on PC, a “Swipe tio back Up” button gets activated on TWRP to make the backup, so, I swipe to back up, and TWRP try to make the backup, but in microSD, creating the folder for backing up, but no backup file is placed there, and no backup to PC is done, or at least, I don´t see backup being done to PC, not a folder associated with TWRP en PC where backup could be placed. In TWRP/Select Storage I have 3 options: Internal Storage, Micro SDCard and Usb-Otg, I don´t see anything about PC, and as I don’t have any Usb-Otg connected, I only can Choose  between  Internal Storage or Micro SDCard.

Well, that´s all I can tell about what is happening to me. I hope it could give you any idea about what is happening to me that this TWRP 3.1.0-0 feature is not working as expected.

Again, thanks a lote before hands.

adb isn't recognizing the device in TWRP.
Reboot the phone into TWRP then disconnect and reconnect the device.
Consider updating your adb using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17105.html
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-05-2017, 07:48 PM
(02-05-2017, 04:59 PM)amaury1967 .Hello, well, ADB and FastBoot, them both, work fine with my phone since the beginning, since I started with all these.  I don´t think this is the problem. Let me tell some result this weekend, I´ve already get action on adb command on TWRP Mode Backup. With backup opened and a folder (for ex. Boot) selected to make backup on TWRP, when I type adb backup --twrp on Prompt on PC, a “Swipe tio back Up” button gets activated on TWRP to make the backup, so, I swipe to back up, and TWRP try to make the backup, but in microSD, creating the folder for backing up, but no backup file is placed there, and no backup to PC is done, or at least, I don´t see backup being done to PC, not a folder associated with TWRP en PC where backup could be placed. In TWRP/Select Storage I have 3 options: Internal Storage, Micro SDCard and Usb-Otg, I don´t see anything about PC, and as I don’t have any Usb-Otg connected, I only can Choose  between  Internal Storage or Micro SDCard.

Well, that´s all I can tell about what is happening to me. I hope it could give you any idea about what is happening to me that this TWRP 3.1.0-0 feature is not working as expected.

Again, thanks a lote before hands.

I see.
I'll try to replicate this issue at my end

Note!
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
03-05-2017, 06:01 PM
Ok, I will wait then you results. TWRP have not explained well how to use this feature, see you