Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

After flashing repacked system.img phone gets stock on boot, or in inicialization

(05-04-2017, 12:56 PM)amaury1967 Wrote: Ok, mi gmail is [email protected], but, I can connect only by web page here at my work, not by phone (Hagsnout directly) cause here in Cuba we don´t have internet access by phone, so it´s better you let me know when are you going to connect sending me a note to [email protected], and then I´ll connect to my gmail account via gmail web page, and we could chat that way. 

About this issue, I really don´t know what is happening with muy packing-unpacking system, cause, it´s imposible so manyt tools fails, in the other hands, I think I´m doing it well, I have red quite enough about this issues, so, or it´s something with this model, or I don´t really know what is happenning. I´ve seen that the processor of my phone does not appear too much en MTK forums and Tools, for example, MTK Droid Tools, Even you had to advise me the software of Miracle Box 2.27A to read my phone, because MTK Droid tool was unable to read it, so, I don´t know if it could be the problem, although anyway, I think it is not this, but, the way the system.img is built on my phone, although it is strange that so many tools have not been able to handle it correctly.

Well, back to work now, thanks for all your attention and your help

Here's what you could do.
Download any custom ROM for your chipset then delete the boot.img and contents of /system and replace with yours. We could then edit the updater-script to get a test flash.

I already have some Custom ROMs with chipset MT6580 like the one in my cell phone. All are Cyanogen 13 (Android 6 of course), for the following cell phones: Tecno W4, Walton Primo GH6, Symphony i10, DOOGEE X5. Which one do you thinks i should use..??

They are of ZIP type including: System folder, META-INF folder, install folder, recovery folder (only some of the ROMs), boot.img file, and file_contexts file. So, what do you propose to me is to replace the boot.img file with the one on my cell phone, and the contents of the Folder System by contents of the folder System of my cell?. And what is done with the other META-INF, install and recovery folders?

Finally I do not understand well that you asks me to do with this "We could then edit the updater-script to get a test flash". Maybe it is that I generate the Updater Scripts with ASSAYYED_KITCHEN_V1.82, and I send it to you?

I await your response.
(05-04-2017, 07:47 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(05-04-2017, 12:56 PM)amaury1967 Wrote: Ok, mi gmail is [email protected], but, I can connect only by web page here at my work, not by phone (Hagsnout directly) cause here in Cuba we don´t have internet access by phone, so it´s better you let me know when are you going to connect sending me a note to [email protected], and then I´ll connect to my gmail account via gmail web page, and we could chat that way. 

About this issue, I really don´t know what is happening with muy packing-unpacking system, cause, it´s imposible so manyt tools fails, in the other hands, I think I´m doing it well, I have red quite enough about this issues, so, or it´s something with this model, or I don´t really know what is happenning. I´ve seen that the processor of my phone does not appear too much en MTK forums and Tools, for example, MTK Droid Tools, Even you had to advise me the software of Miracle Box 2.27A to read my phone, because MTK Droid tool was unable to read it, so, I don´t know if it could be the problem, although anyway, I think it is not this, but, the way the system.img is built on my phone, although it is strange that so many tools have not been able to handle it correctly.

Well, back to work now, thanks for all your attention and your help

Here's what you could do.
Download any custom ROM for your chipset then delete the boot.img and contents of /system and replace with yours. We could then edit the updater-script to get a test flash.

By the way, I flash these Custom ROMs on my cell phone, replacing of course, the ZIP boot.img by the one on my cell phone, but they did not work.
(05-04-2017, 10:10 PM)amaury1967 Wrote: By the way, I flash these Custom ROMs on my cell phone, replacing of course, the ZIP boot.img by the one on my cell phone, but they did not work.

Pick one of them with meta-inf, /system folder and boot.img alone.
replace the boot.img with yours. delete all content of the /system folder and input just one apk in the /system/app folder
Flash the zip and check if the app gets installed. This is a test before you proceed with testing more changes
(05-05-2017, 09:52 AM)hovatek Wrote:
(05-04-2017, 10:10 PM)amaury1967 Wrote: By the way, I flash these Custom ROMs on my cell phone, replacing of course, the ZIP boot.img by the one on my cell phone, but they did not work.

Pick one of them with meta-inf, /system folder and boot.img alone.
replace the boot.img with yours. delete all content of the /system folder and input just one apk in the /system/app folder
Flash the zip and check if the app gets installed. This is a test before you proceed with testing more changes

I ask, can I use any of these that I mentioned yesterday, the Cyanogen?, these have inside those other folders that I said, install and recovery, which I could remove. One doubt, I keep the original meta-inf of the custom zip?.  The updater-script has a lot of things associated to the original instalation. I should not remove all that from it. I have not done this ever yet, but I have read that an Apk is added, just copying it as you propose, into the root of system / app (it can also be in System / data, no?). But in the case of placing it in / System / app, it could be copied to the root of the folder "app" or you must create a folder inside "app" and put it inside ?, that have never been clear in what I have read. The other one I've read is the need to give it permissions by adding a field in updater-script, with something like "set_perm (0, 0, 0644," / system / app / The Aplication.apk ")". You did not mention to me this process, because you suppose I should know it? is it something to be done, right? ... Well, I hope not to bother you with so many questions.

Let me tell you, if you are looking for if TWRP can install ZIP on my phone, I can tell you that yes, all Cyanogen I have tried to install, got installed, I can see them on TWRP File Manager Menu, but simply, phone does not wake up after restart, it simply restart again for second time, and go to recovery. I ssupposse cause the interface of that I not compatible with my phone. For example, I´ve found phone with same chipset (MT6580) of mine, same display, same android version, but diferent Partition Table when I compare Scatter File information from that ROM with the one of my phone. So after flashing that ROM on my phone, using kernel of my phone of course, it does not work, phone get stuck on logo boot. Although this does not surprise me, there are many more details, many more things in a ROM that can cause it does not work, despite apparently everything is similar between one phone  and another.

Finally, I have also installed other ZIPs such as one that creates the installation of the BusyBox to reinstall it from recovery if necessary. To test, pure research, I uninstalled the BusyBox, after which I installed that ZIP from the Recovery, and the BusyBox have been installed perfectly.

Well, wait for your answers….and before forgetting, have a great weekend.
hello, done, i took BusyBox Zip, place system folder with an APK inside, I change scrip-updater conveniently. I ran the ZIP on the TWRP, and the APK was perfectly installed
(05-05-2017, 05:50 PM)amaury1967 Wrote: hello, done, i took BusyBox Zip, place system folder with an APK inside, I change scrip-updater conveniently. I ran the ZIP on the TWRP, and the APK was perfectly installed

Great.
Now, back to the genesis. What did you intend to change in your system.img (which led to the unpacking and repacking)?
BTW,
paste the content of your updater-script here so I crosscheck
(05-05-2017, 10:00 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 05:50 PM)amaury1967 Wrote: hello, done, i took BusyBox Zip, place system folder with an APK inside, I change scrip-updater conveniently. I ran the ZIP on the TWRP, and the APK was perfectly installed

Great.
Now, back to the genesis. What did you intend to change in your system.img (which led to the unpacking and repacking)?
BTW,
paste the content of your updater-script here so I crosscheck

Effectively, that is what I intend to do, modify my system.img, plus everything necessary, to try to port Android 6 or 7 on my cell phone, cause I havent being able finding an stock or custon rom with Android 6 or 7 to my phone. But before doing that, I need to unpack-repack system.img without modifications and after flashing it works fine. This same extrategy I followed with recovery.img, until I did not manage to have a tool that did well the unpack-repack, I did not go ahead to modified it, for porting with TWRP 3.1.0-0. I hope you understand what I´m saying. Of course, it is not the same recovery.img tahn system.img, and is not onñy system.img, I wil need download and flash GAPPs and CAPPs to works with the new system.img. 

For now, I'll be happy to get unpack-repack system.img successfully, and that the repacked system.img works fine. I remind you that I am the same person that the MTK Droid Tool was unable to back up the cell phone (Alcatel Pop Star or TCL 5022D) and you proposed me to use the crackled software of Miracle Box 2.27A, and even gave me a link to download it . And all apparently due to the processor of my cell phone, the MT6580, which apparently has its mysteries and its different things compared to the rest of similar MT, like the MT6582. In fact, the MT6580 is not named in the MTKdroidTools.ini. I have tried to find datasheet of MT6580, to compare a bit with the datasheet of MT6582 that I do get, but I have not been able to get it.

Wells as you asked me, this is the updater-scrip of my first ZIP Installer ;o)

ui_print("*****************************************");
ui_print("*      Esta es una prueba que me ha indicado      *");
ui_print("*                           Hovatek                              *");

run_program("/sbin/sleep", "1");
ui_print("");
ui_print("");

show_progress(1.000000, 0);

ui_print("mounting system read/write...");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
set_progress(0.100000);

ui_print("extracting files...");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
set_progress(0.300000);

ui_print("setting permissions...");
set_progress(0.500000);
set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/app/Huella dactilar/fingerprint-lock-screen-1-0.apk");

set_progress(0.700000);
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "umount", "/system");
set_progress(1.000000);

ui_print("****************************************");
ui_print("*                 Install Complete!                         *");
(05-08-2017, 05:34 PM)amaury1967 Wrote: Effectively, that is what I intend to do, modify my system.img, plus everything necessary, to try to port Android 6 or 7 on my cell phone, cause I havent being able finding an stock or custon rom with Android 6 or 7 to my phone. But before doing that, I need to unpack-repack system.img without modifications and after flashing it works fine. This same extrategy I followed with recovery.img, until I did not manage to have a tool that did well the unpack-repack, I did not go ahead to modified it, for porting with TWRP 3.1.0-0. I hope you understand what I´m saying. Of course, it is not the same recovery.img tahn system.img, and is not onñy system.img, I wil need download and flash GAPPs and CAPPs to works with the new system.img. 

For now, I'll be happy to get unpack-repack system.img successfully, and that the repacked system.img works fine. I remind you that I am the same person that the MTK Droid Tool was unable to back up the cell phone (Alcatel Pop Star or TCL 5022D) and you proposed me to use the crackled software of Miracle Box 2.27A, and even gave me a link to download it . And all apparently due to the processor of my cell phone, the MT6580, which apparently has its mysteries and its different things compared to the rest of similar MT, like the MT6582. In fact, the MT6580 is not named in the MTKdroidTools.ini. I have tried to find datasheet of MT6580, to compare a bit with the datasheet of MT6582 that I do get, but I have not been able to get it.

Wells as you asked me, this is the updater-scrip of my first ZIP Installer ;o)

ui_print("*      Esta es una prueba que me ha indicado      *");
ui_print("*                           Hovatek                              *");

run_program("/sbin/sleep", "1");
ui_print("");
ui_print("");

show_progress(1.000000, 0);

ui_print("mounting system read/write...");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
set_progress(0.100000);

ui_print("extracting files...");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
set_progress(0.300000);

ui_print("setting permissions...");
set_progress(0.500000);
set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/app/Huella dactilar/fingerprint-lock-screen-1-0.apk");

set_progress(0.700000);
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "umount", "/system");
set_progress(1.000000);

ui_print("*                 Install Complete!                         *");

Its strange that none of the system unpack repack tools seems to work with your device. Since you much prefer the system.img unpack-repack over the flashable zip approach, i'll need to check for tools that could work for your phone's system.img
In fact, yes, as I have alredy said, it is very strange, as I have tried with several, all of theme unpack system.img or system.new.dat to System folder and then without modifiying the System Folder at all, I re-empacked back to System.img or system.new.dat. Then I have flashed the system.img repacked with SP Flash Tool or TWRP 3.1.0-0 (I have tried with both), and as I said, the phone is stalled on Android inicialization. With a tool called Beyond Compare I have compared The original system.img with the system.img repacked and it´s seen remarkable differences, which I think are the cause of the failure, and which gives me the impression that they are introduced at the time of repack, not so in unpack. I should say that in my first attempts to unpack-repack recovery and boot with  dsixda's Android Kitchen 0.224 tool it happens just the same, recovery and boot repacked had noticeable differences with original recovery and boot, and both failed after being flashed. So, I found AIKv2 tools .4Windows (by osm0sis, GitHub.com) and CarlivImageKitchen_Windows_v1.3 tool. Both of theme made a correct unpack-repack of recovery and boot, having only slight differences between the originals and the re-packed, and perfectly running both, boot and Recovery after being flashed, thanks to what I could carry Recovery 3.1.0-0 on my cell phone.

The other tool I have tried is the ASSAYYED_KITCHEN_V1.82_STABLE, which creates ZIP of three types: ZIP with System Folder inside, ZIP with system.img inside, and ZIP with System, new.dat + file_contexts + system.transfer.list inside . I tried creating the 3 ZIPs, and all failed.

Why I prefer to work only with the System.img repacked? ... well, because with the variant of the ZIP I do not have so much control, and many times compels to do data and cache wipe, which is not of my interest.

I prefer, if possible, to have a system.img repacked, which I can flash with SP Flash Tool or TWRP 3.1.0-0, without touching the rest of the partitions, and thus less affecting my cell phone.

Excuse me if I have extended quite much, but I wanted to explain as briefly as possible what I have done on the subject. The tools I have tested are: Auto Tool Unpack Repack .DAT & .IMG V2 Update, Auto Tool Unpack Repack .DAT & .IMG V3, Lollipop n Marshmallow System Extractor & Repacker V1.60, MTK_Extractor_V2.6.3, Pabebe Unpack Repack v3. 0, MTK THAI Developer Tools, Android System Unpack Repack adithyan25 and SSAYYED_KITCHEN_V1.82_STABLE

IMPORTANT: I do not discard an ERROR that I may be committing, but I think that, with everything I have read, and with these tools that do it all by itself, that reduces the possibility of making mistakes on my part.

I have three other tools that I have not tried yet, a little because I have already given up a little, these are: Maximum Dump + Unpack + Repack Tool, System Extractor V4.0 WIN-master  and  IMG Tool (Unpack-repack 6.0 masmallow)