Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android After flashing repacked system.img phone gets Stock on boot, or in inicialization
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

After flashing repacked system.img phone gets Stock on boot, or in inicialization

After flashing repacked system.img phone gets Stock on boot, or in inicialization

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
27-04-2017, 05:11 PM

Hello, I have made some unpack and repack of stock system.img from my Alcatel Pop Star o TCL 5022D, just looking for an App that do this well. I used varios App but  in all cases after flashing my phone with the repacked system.img, it gets stocked on boot, or in Android inicialization.

I want to ask you in particular about one App, “Auto Tool Unpack Repack .DAT & .IMG V3 x64”, cause I´ve see an tutorial of you about V2, and for sure you have big experience doing these, so I hope you could advice me about what I could doing bad. I follow your tutorial of V2, and I also got repacked system.img using V2, and also failed. I have done everything, I unpack system.img, and repacked it back directly fron system.folder, but I also convert system.img to system.new.dat, proccese it, and convert repacked system.new.dat back to repacked system.img. The Repacked system.img by both ways, are idéntical. Aditionally, when I compare, with Beyond Compare, stock system.img and repacked system.img, it shows too much differences beteewn them.

Well, I hope you coul help me to solve this .

Thanks in advance.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
28-04-2017, 08:32 PM
(27-04-2017, 05:11 PM)amaury1967 Hello, I have made some unpack and repack of stock system.img from my Alcatel Pop Star o TCL 5022D, just looking for an App that do this well. I used varios App but  in all cases after flashing my phone with the repacked system.img, it gets stocked on boot, or in Android inicialization.

I want to ask you in particular about one App, “Auto Tool Unpack Repack .DAT & .IMG V3 x64”, cause I´ve see an tutorial of you about V2, and for sure you have big experience doing these, so I hope you could advice me about what I could doing bad. I follow your tutorial of V2, and I also got repacked system.img using V2, and also failed. I have done everything, I unpack system.img, and repacked it back directly fron system.folder, but I also convert system.img to system.new.dat, proccese it, and convert repacked system.new.dat back to repacked system.img. The Repacked system.img by both ways, are idéntical. Aditionally, when I compare, with Beyond Compare, stock system.img and repacked system.img, it shows too much differences beteewn them.

Well, I hope you coul help me to solve this .

Thanks in advance.

1. Where did you get the file_contexts you used?
2. Try this tool @ https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzQ_p5B...hHalE/view

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
02-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Hello, here I am again, back from a long May 1st weekend, well, answering your questions, I get file_contexts from unpacked boot.img. I´ve already used Lollipop n Marshmallow System Extractor and Repacker Version 1.60, but this tool give me system.new.dat and system.transfer.list, but does not give me a flashable system.img, neither a flasheable ZIP with: system.new.dat, system.transfer.list, file_contexts and META-INF folder. So, what I had to do was to convert system.new.dat plus system.transfer.list to system.img. I used diferent tools, but the final result after flashig (SP Flash Tool or TWRP 3.1.0-0) was the one I´ve said, phone stock on Android inicialization. Then, if you recommended this tool for unpack-repack, I supposse the problem was the conversion to system.img.

At the end, i´ve been days tryng to do this, I´ve probed almost 10 different tools, but no one gave me the final result I want, and I don´t know if it´s me, or if are the tools.

Let me explain you, I´ve been trying to learn and being able of doing this, unpack-repack system.img, so after that, I would try to port my phone with Android 6 or 7, cause I´ve not being able finding an installation for muy device (Alcatel Pop Star, TCL 5022D) on this OS. Besides that I ´m really getting in love with all these about making things with my phone and all these is getting very interesting to me, I really enjoy making all these things to my phone, pure hobbie, as I told you in other post, after you ported TWRP 2.8.7.0 for my phone, I continiuos learning and finally I could port TWRP 3.1.0-0 to my phone, and I enjoyed it a lot after being able of doing that, so, in the same way, i´d like being able of porting my phone with Android 6 or 7.

Well, this is all, hopping not bored you with all my speech. Have a great day, and remember, I´m from Cuba, the beatiful island where you´ll be allways welcome.

Thanks a lot for all your helps and teach
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
02-05-2017, 07:22 PM
One more question, I have red about with this new system.new.data format, but, If stock ROM comes with system.img, even it was Android 5.0 or superior, why tools that unpack system.img creating system folder plus , can´t repack it OK directly to system,img. It´s mandatory pass trough system.new.dat plus file_contexts plus system.transfer.list,, in Android 5.0 and superior when repacking?...

I had a tool called "Dat to img by stupdroid.com" that says to convert system.new.dat plus file_contexts plus system.transfer.list to system.img flashable.

I´m goig to use it to make the necesary conversion after getting system.new.dat withe the tool yoy recommended, although something similar it seems to me Ii have alredy done. I will let you know the results,

One dude and contradiction, I have red tha system.new.dat appear when image files got each time more bigger, starting in LoolliPop, as a way of having more compresssion, so, less bigger files. However, I dont see big diferences in size between system.new.that and system.img

Thanks a lot before hands.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-05-2017, 07:44 PM

(02-05-2017, 04:32 PM)amaury1967 Hello, here I am again, back from a long May 1st weekend, well, answering your questions, I get file_contexts from unpacked boot.img. I´ve already used Lollipop n Marshmallow System Extractor and Repacker Version 1.60, but this tool give me system.new.dat and system.transfer.list, but does not give me a flashable system.img, neither a flasheable ZIP with: system.new.dat, system.transfer.list, file_contexts and META-INF folder. So, what I had to do was to convert system.new.dat plus system.transfer.list to system.img. I used diferent tools, but the final result after flashig (SP Flash Tool or TWRP 3.1.0-0) was the one I´ve said, phone stock on Android inicialization. Then, if you recommended this tool for unpack-repack, I supposse the problem was the conversion to system.img.

At the end, i´ve been days tryng to do this, I´ve probed almost 10 different tools, but no one gave me the final result I want, and I don´t know if it´s me, or if are the tools.

Let me explain you, I´ve been trying to learn and being able of doing this, unpack-repack system.img, so after that, I would try to port my phone with Android 6 or 7, cause I´ve not being able finding an installation for muy device (Alcatel Pop Star, TCL 5022D) on this OS. Besides that I ´m really getting in love with all these about making things with my phone and all these is getting very interesting to me, I really enjoy making all these things to my phone, pure hobbie, as I told you in other post, after you ported TWRP 2.8.7.0 for my phone, I continiuos learning and finally I could port TWRP 3.1.0-0 to my phone, and I enjoyed it a lot after being able of doing that, so, in the same way, i´d like being able of porting my phone with Android 6 or 7.

Well, this is all, hopping not bored you with all my speech. Have a great day, and remember, I´m from Cuba, the beatiful island where you´ll be allways welcome.

Thanks a lot for all your helps and teach

Maybe its something with your system.img
Have you tried creating a flashable zip with a system folder instead of converting to .img or .new.dat (just to be sure)
This post was last modified: 02-05-2017, 07:44 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
03-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Well, yes, the only I´ve done was pass Monday, with ASSAYYED_KITCHEN_V1.82_STABLE Tool, and the result was the same, and, maybe the way I took, but the ZIP was not with system folder inside, but, system.img again, so it was not the best example. I althought think that working with this kind of enormous and sophisticated tool is more propense to mistakes, and I haven´t found any other tool to create flashable zip, only dsixda's Android Kitchen 0.224 (Kitchen + cygwin) but I think it´s too old and maybe it could fail with Android 5.0 wich is the one of my phone, besides it´s also an enormous, sophisticated, and with many details tool, and can cause mistakes, despited at today, I´m more prepared in this matters. Thos one, do create a Zip with system folder inside. I was working with this tool some month ago but I never flashed the created Zip, I could try now. So, what do you think?.....so, what less sophisticated tool do you recommend me to create flashabe Zip?.... I´m really frustated of not being able of doing this, unpack-repack system :o(, despite I know is something big to be done, but I´ve seen many people doing that so easylly. Anyway, I´ll stay trying, and I hope to be able soonelly, I´m sure I´ll can do it with your help.

Thanks a lot, have a great day
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-05-2017, 09:33 PM
(03-05-2017, 02:43 PM)amaury1967 Well, yes, the only I´ve done was pass Monday, with ASSAYYED_KITCHEN_V1.82_STABLE Tool, and the result was the same, and, maybe the way I took, but the ZIP was not with system folder inside, but, system.img again, so it was not the best example. I althought think that working with this kind of enormous and sophisticated tool is more propense to mistakes, and I haven´t found any other tool to create flashable zip, only dsixda's Android Kitchen 0.224 (Kitchen + cygwin) but I think it´s too old and maybe it could fail with Android 5.0 wich is the one of my phone, besides it´s also an enormous, sophisticated, and with many details tool, and can cause mistakes, despited at today, I´m more prepared in this matters. Thos one, do create a Zip with system folder inside. I was working with this tool some month ago but I never flashed the created Zip, I could try now. So, what do you think?.....so, what less sophisticated tool do you recommend me to create flashabe Zip?.... I´m really frustated of not being able of doing this, unpack-repack system :o(, despite I know is something big to be done, but I´ve seen many people doing that so easylly. Anyway, I´ll stay trying, and I hope to be able soonelly, I´m sure I´ll can do it with your help.

Drop your gmail address if you're on Google Hangouts

Note!
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
03-05-2017, 10:25 PM
(03-05-2017, 09:33 PM)hovatek
(03-05-2017, 02:43 PM)amaury1967 Well, yes, the only I´ve done was pass Monday, with ASSAYYED_KITCHEN_V1.82_STABLE Tool, and the result was the same, and, maybe the way I took, but the ZIP was not with system folder inside, but, system.img again, so it was not the best example. I althought think that working with this kind of enormous and sophisticated tool is more propense to mistakes, and I haven´t found any other tool to create flashable zip, only dsixda's Android Kitchen 0.224 (Kitchen + cygwin) but I think it´s too old and maybe it could fail with Android 5.0 wich is the one of my phone, besides it´s also an enormous, sophisticated, and with many details tool, and can cause mistakes, despited at today, I´m more prepared in this matters. Thos one, do create a Zip with system folder inside. I was working with this tool some month ago but I never flashed the created Zip, I could try now. So, what do you think?.....so, what less sophisticated tool do you recommend me to create flashabe Zip?.... I´m really frustated of not being able of doing this, unpack-repack system :o(, despite I know is something big to be done, but I´ve seen many people doing that so easylly. Anyway, I´ll stay trying, and I hope to be able soonelly, I´m sure I´ll can do it with your help.

Drop your gmail address if you're on Google Hangouts

What does it means, do you want to find me on Hangouts?.....let me know when, what time?.... I could connect there between 8AM and 5PM, havana time…thanks a lot….. Flashing with ASSAYYED_KITCHEN_V1.82_STABLE i just made, also fails….have a great night..
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-05-2017, 09:56 AM
(03-05-2017, 10:25 PM)amaury1967 What does it means, do you want to find me on Hangouts?.....let me know when, what time?.... I could connect there between 8AM and 5PM, havana time…thanks a lot….. Flashing with ASSAYYED_KITCHEN_V1.82_STABLE i just made, also fails….have a great night..

I'll send you a chat request on Hangouts, just need a gmail address

Note!
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
04-05-2017, 12:56 PM

(04-05-2017, 09:56 AM)hovatek
(03-05-2017, 10:25 PM)amaury1967 What does it means, do you want to find me on Hangouts?.....let me know when, what time?.... I could connect there between 8AM and 5PM, havana time…thanks a lot….. Flashing with ASSAYYED_KITCHEN_V1.82_STABLE i just made, also fails….have a great night..

I'll send you a chat request on Hangouts, just need a gmail address

Ok, mi gmail is aafesp1967@gmail.com, but, I can connect only by web page here at my work, not by phone (Hagsnout directly) cause here in Cuba we don´t have internet access by phone, so it´s better you let me know when are you going to connect sending me a note to amaury@cneuro.edu.cu, and then I´ll connect to my gmail account via gmail web page, and we could chat that way. 

About this issue, I really don´t know what is happening with muy packing-unpacking system, cause, it´s imposible so manyt tools fails, in the other hands, I think I´m doing it well, I have red quite enough about this issues, so, or it´s something with this model, or I don´t really know what is happenning. I´ve seen that the processor of my phone does not appear too much en MTK forums and Tools, for example, MTK Droid Tools, Even you had to advise me the software of Miracle Box 2.27A to read my phone, because MTK Droid tool was unable to read it, so, I don´t know if it could be the problem, although anyway, I think it is not this, but, the way the system.img is built on my phone, although it is strange that so many tools have not been able to handle it correctly.

Well, back to work now, thanks for all your attention and your help
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next