Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android how to format recovery partition not formatting the others
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

how to format recovery partition not formatting the others

how to format recovery partition not formatting the others

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
08-05-2017, 05:03 PM

(05-05-2017, 09:19 PM)amaury1967
(05-05-2017, 03:02 PM)X3non
(05-05-2017, 02:11 PM)amaury1967 ...
Well, now, this is it ...have a great day

the files inside the database folder in official stock roms are used for writing IMEI as well as other nvram related things.
you can use SN writer @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12306.html
OR maui meta @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-12328.html

if you format all partitions including preloader, on most devices you would be allowed to reflash preloader so long as your vcom preloader drivers are intact. BUT in extreme rare cases eg on tecno D5 or infinix X600, you might be required to join the mother board mount points
refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11802.html

Thanks X3non, So, where is the bandabase included in the MTK devices, inside one of the many partitions that exist? ... aunqen Stock Official, only come the most important, but I do not think the baseband. Only after a backup with a box like the Miracle for example, it is possible to have all the partitions. Have a great weekend

Hi, those two points that have to be joined in that situation described, are something particular of these two models, Tecno D5 and Infinix Not 2 X600?, or is it something common on mostly MTK devices? .....
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
08-05-2017, 07:16 PM
(08-05-2017, 05:03 PM)amaury1967 Thanks X3non, So, where is the bandabase included in the MTK devices, inside one of the many partitions that exist? ... aunqen Stock Official, only come the most important, but I do not think the baseband. Only after a backup with a box like the Miracle for example, it is possible to have all the partitions. Have a great weekend

Hi, those two points that have to be joined in that situation described, are something particular of these two models, Tecno D5 and Infinix Not 2 X600?, or is it something common on mostly MTK devices? .....

baseband would goto secro and nvram partitions
if you decide to backup the entire partitions of a device, then you can tick all partitions when taking a backup using miracle box. (some partitions are usually not necessary)

having to join the board mount points is something particular to those two devices BUT if you find yourself with a totally dead mtk device and nothing else seems to work, then you can try the board mount point idea.
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
08-05-2017, 09:16 PM
(08-05-2017, 07:16 PM)X3non
(08-05-2017, 05:03 PM)amaury1967 Thanks X3non, So, where is the bandabase included in the MTK devices, inside one of the many partitions that exist? ... aunqen Stock Official, only come the most important, but I do not think the baseband. Only after a backup with a box like the Miracle for example, it is possible to have all the partitions. Have a great weekend

baseband would goto secro and nvram partitions
if you decide to backup the entire partitions of a device, then you can tick all partitions when taking a backup using miracle box. (some partitions are usually not necessary)

having to join the board mount points is something particular to those two devices BUT if you find yourself with a totally dead mtk device and nothing else seems to work, then you can try the board mount point idea.

yes, yes, I was reading this morning, and efectivelly, secro and nvram partitions. ....I of course, I supposse that, in other models it will be neccessary to investigate based on this idea of joining points, ok, thanks for your answer. 

One more question, I´ve red, that information of EBR1 and EBR2 that comes with some devices, or that could be red with any box like Miraclefor example, are used to repartitioning the memory, but, in my phone por example there is not EBR, buy I supposse there an equivalent to them, do you know wich is it?....
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-05-2017, 08:08 AM
(08-05-2017, 09:16 PM)amaury1967 yes, yes, I was reading this morning, and efectivelly, secro and nvram partitions. ....I of course, I supposse that, in other models it will be neccessary to investigate based on this idea of joining points, ok, thanks for your answer. 

One more question, I´ve red, that information of EBR1 and EBR2 that comes with some devices, or that could be red with any box like Miraclefor example, are used to repartitioning the memory, but, in my phone por example there is not EBR, buy I supposse there an equivalent to them, do you know wich is it?....

You'll only find EBR 1 & 2 in older Android versions, yours is a newer version.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
09-05-2017, 01:07 PM

(09-05-2017, 08:08 AM)hovatek
(08-05-2017, 09:16 PM)amaury1967 yes, yes, I was reading this morning, and efectivelly, secro and nvram partitions. ....I of course, I supposse that, in other models it will be neccessary to investigate based on this idea of joining points, ok, thanks for your answer. 

You'll only find EBR 1 & 2 in older Android versions, yours is a newer version.

Ok, and wich is the equivalent of EBR in the new versions and wich is the best way to repartition in the new versions ?.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
09-05-2017, 03:57 PM
(09-05-2017, 01:07 PM)amaury1967 Ok, and wich is the equivalent of EBR in the new versions and wich is the best way to repartition in the new versions ?.

You'll have to consider shifting some load (app data) to the external SD card.
We're kind of digressing from the title of the thread for subsequent questions

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
amaury1967
amaury1967
amaury1967
Experienced Member
09-05-2017, 10:34 PM
Ok, ok, let's close the thread.
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3