Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] Gionee A1 root

(05-29-2017, 05:19 PM)Nicholaz Wrote: HOW TO ROOT GIONEE A1 all region UPDATED LINKS

Would be better to create a new thread with this guide to make it easier for others to find and track comments

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2017, 03:35 PM by anupent. Edit Reason: info added )
I tried it yesterday.
I unlocked bootloder via fastboot.
Then I reboot to given custom recovery (did not flash).
I selected readonly.
Then I flashed the given SuperSU.

It booted well.
But, It was not rooted and I was not able to use all the bottom keys including fingerprint. Home key was working.
Then I reflashed to stock ROM and is fine but started sending SMS to its mother country and my balance is zero.

Did I do something wrong or is there a problem with superSU file?

Edit: I used the latest superSU file i.e. SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822 and everything is a success. Yahoo!

Regards
(05-30-2017, 01:05 PM)anupent Wrote: I tried it yesterday.
I selected readonly.

It booted well.
But, It was not rooted and I was not able to use all the bottom keys including fingerprint. Home key was working.
Then I reflashed to stock ROM and is fine but started sending SMS to its mother country and my balance is zero.

Edit: I used the latest superSU file i.e. SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822 and everything is a success. Yahoo!

Regards

You mean, you've successfully solved this this sending SMS problem? It's really killing me. Maybe I'll use titanium backup pro to freeze those two monsters apps. Don't even know whether it will work.

Sent from my A1 using the Hovatek Forum App
(05-31-2017, 11:24 AM)benarex Wrote: You mean, you've successfully solved this this sending SMS problem? It's really killing me. Maybe I'll use titanium backup pro to freeze those two monsters apps. Don't even know whether it will work.

Refer to https://journal.hovatek.com/how-to-stop-...oid-phone/
I selected readonly.

It booted well.

Regards

Seems everything is now okay for you.

Any other assistance, let me know.
(05-31-2017, 11:24 AM)benarex Wrote:
I selected readonly.

It booted well.

Regards

You mean, you've successfully solved this this sending SMS problem? It's really killing me. Maybe I'll use titanium backup pro to freeze those two monsters apps. Don't even know whether it will work.

The SMS issue is a bug in the messaging app of the downloaded rom. The stock rom for Gionee A1 has that problem in it. Use titanium or Google the issue, I'm certain there are fixes online for it.
(05-31-2017, 04:28 PM)Nicholaz Wrote:
(05-31-2017, 11:24 AM)benarex Wrote: You mean, you've successfully solved this this sending SMS problem? It's really killing me. Maybe I'll use titanium backup pro to freeze those two monsters apps. Don't even know whether it will work.

The SMS issue is a bug in the messaging app of the downloaded rom. The stock rom for Gionee A1 has that problem in it. Use titanium or Google the issue, I'm certain there are fixes online for it.

Yes, no more background SMS for last 24 hours.

I modified following lines in /system/build.prop file
from ro.gn.oversea.salestrack.gi=yes
to     ro.gn.oversea.salestrack.gi=no

And then, froze two apps, GN something like Salestatistic and Salestrack.

Happy with the results.
Regards
I have followed all the steps stated here, but i can't seem to be able to root my gionee A1. In the twrp when trying to flash SU it keeps saying unable to mount system, data, cache, etc.. Please what I'm i doing wrong and also my phone has been sending sms on its own, I've lost over 5k naira worth of money because of this

Sent from my A1 using Hovatek Forum
(07-08-2017, 11:08 AM)Stephenq Wrote: I have followed all the steps stated here, but i can't seem to be able to root my gionee A1. In the twrp when trying to flash SU it keeps saying unable to mount system, data, cache, etc.. Please what I'm i doing wrong and also my phone has been sending sms on its own, I've lost over 5k naira worth of money because of this

Sent from my A1 using Hovatek Forum

Please, create a new thread so we focus on it
see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-514.html for how to create a thread