Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Flashing Room without Scatter File nor Recovery
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Flashing Room without Scatter File nor Recovery

[Please help] Flashing Room without Scatter File nor Recovery

Triumvirate
Triumvirate
Triumvirate
07-05-2017, 09:50 PM

I was wondering if it is possible to flash a custom rom without a scatter file nor going to the Recovery of the Phone.

I have an MT6580 Device (Cherry Mobile FB100, pretty unknown phone), and I was successful in porting a custom Marshmallow ROM (With proper Kernel and all that, from this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQ70KiFHho.

My problem is that my power button is defective so I cannot really install any custom recovery through my stock recovery, so it would be awesome if there is any workaround on this matter. Thank you for your time to read this! Help is needed!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-05-2017, 01:39 PM
(07-05-2017, 09:50 PM)Triumvirate I was wondering if it is possible to flash a custom rom without a scatter file nor going to the Recovery of the Phone.

I have an MT6580 Device (Cherry Mobile FB100, pretty unknown phone), and I was successful in porting a custom Marshmallow ROM (With proper Kernel and all that, from this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQ70KiFHho.

My problem is that my power button is defective so I cannot really install any custom recovery through my stock recovery, so it would be awesome if there is any workaround on this matter. Thank you for your time to read this! Help is needed!

That would pretty much leave just Fastboot.
If you're able to flash a custom recovery via Fastboot or SP Flash tool then you could flash your custom rom using Flash Fire or ROM Toolbox lite. Just ensure to backup first

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Triumvirate
Triumvirate
Triumvirate
08-05-2017, 03:52 PM
.png
BackupFiles.png
Size: 121.9 KB / Downloads: 8

Change of Plans:

I was able to flash a ported custom Recovery TWRP and flashed my ROM from there this morning. However, I am stuck on "Android is Starting - Preparing Settings" window. Is this a sign of a Bad Port? How can I fix this? Do note that I had no META-INF file from my backup since it was made from MiracleBox, with a scatter file.

I want to flash my Stock Rom but is it possible to do so from the backup made by Miracle Box? I only have .bin files and all that, so just wondering if it's possible? Any workarounds? Thank you. (Newb here)
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-05-2017, 07:05 PM
(08-05-2017, 03:52 PM)Triumvirate Change of Plans:

I was able to flash a ported custom Recovery TWRP and flashed my ROM from there this morning. However, I am stuck on "Android is Starting - Preparing Settings" window. Is this a sign of a Bad Port? How can I fix this? Do note that I had no META-INF file from my backup since it was made from MiracleBox, with a scatter file.

I want to flash my Stock Rom but is it possible to do so from the backup made by Miracle Box? I only have .bin files and all that, so just wondering if it's possible? Any workarounds? Thank you. (Newb here)

If the Android is starting stays for too long then the problem is with your port
You can flash that backup using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
21-08-2018, 02:27 PM

Sir... Do you have a custom recovery for cherry mobile fb100? I found some but when I flash it using sp flash tool . nothing happened but its successfully flashed.. Need help
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
22-08-2018, 09:58 AM
(21-08-2018, 02:27 PM)Raymund Nablo Uy Sir... Do you have a custom recovery for cherry mobile fb100? I found some but when I flash it using sp flash tool . nothing happened but its successfully flashed.. Need help

Please create a new thread, this is someone else's support thread.
See https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread.