Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Custom recovery for W3

I have a Tecno W3 with the following build:

W3-H806A1-M-161122V94

I tried the TWRP in the "Root W3" thread but I get a screen with a bunch of blue and grey stripes and can't see anything.

(05-08-2017, 02:59 PM)inslee Wrote: I have a Tecno W3 with the following build:

W3-H806A1-M-161122V94

I tried the TWRP in the "Root W3" thread but I get a screen with a bunch of blue and grey stripes and can't see anything.

do you have the stock recovery of your W3 build?

W3-H806A1-M-161122V94

Dump your phone's firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13347.html then upload the recovery.bin and scatter file
(05-08-2017, 06:59 PM)hovatek Wrote:

W3-H806A1-M-161122V94

Dump your phone's firmware in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-13347.html then upload the recovery.bin and scatter file

Hmm, I'm having difficulty connecting. Miraclebox 2.27A keeps saying "waiting for USB port" even after plugging the phone in. The drivers work with SP Flash though. I've also tried both the 8th and 11th boot select.
(05-09-2017, 06:11 PM)inslee Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 06:59 PM)hovatek Wrote:

W3-H806A1-M-161122V94

Hmm, I'm having difficulty connecting. Miraclebox 2.27A keeps saying "waiting for USB port" even after plugging the phone in. The drivers work with SP Flash though. I've also tried both the 8th and 11th boot select.

Uninstall VCOM Drivers and reinstall

Sent from my Z10 using Hovatek mobile
So I've taken the following steps:

1. Unplugged the phone and removed the VCOM device from device manager and selected "Uninstall driver"
2. Used USBDeview to uninstall all traces of anything with the word "Mediatek" or "VCOM"
3. Ensured that driver signature enforcement is off and installed the Preloader VCOM as well as DA USB VCOM drivers (both show Code 10 in the device manager which is supposed to be normal according to the guide)
4. Downloaded and extracted MiracleBox 2.27+Loader and disabled my AV which was automatically putting it into quarantine
5. Opened Miraclebox and ensured the MTK tab was selected, "Read" was selected, and the "Save as scatter file" was selected
6. The Tecno W3 has a MediaTek MT6572 so I selected the "11th Boot (MT6582 & MT6571/2 NAND)"
7. Clicked the "Start" button
8. Ensured the phone was off with the battery inside and charged over 50%
9. Plugged the phone in while the "Waiting for USB Port" was displayed
10. The screen on the phone lit up with the charging symbol and the battery percentage but Miraclebox still shows "Waiting for USB Port"

Am I missing a step?
(05-10-2017, 06:52 AM)inslee Wrote: So I've taken the following steps:

1. Unplugged the phone and removed the VCOM device from device manager and selected "Uninstall driver"
2. Used USBDeview to uninstall all traces of anything with the word "Mediatek" or "VCOM"
3. Ensured that driver signature enforcement is off and installed the Preloader VCOM as well as DA USB VCOM drivers (both show Code 10 in the device manager which is supposed to be normal according to the guide)
4. Downloaded and extracted MiracleBox 2.27+Loader and disabled my AV which was automatically putting it into quarantine
5. Opened Miraclebox and ensured the MTK tab was selected, "Read" was selected, and the "Save as scatter file" was selected
6. The Tecno W3 has a MediaTek MT6572 so I selected the "11th Boot (MT6582 & MT6571/2 NAND)"
7. Clicked the "Start" button
8. Ensured the phone was off with the battery inside and charged over 50%
9. Plugged the phone in while the "Waiting for USB Port" was displayed
10. The screen on the phone lit up with the charging symbol and the battery percentage but Miraclebox still shows "Waiting for USB Port"

Am I missing a step?

I've just added TWRP for your Build at the Tecno W3 root thread. Please check