Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Development] How to root the Infinix Hot 4 (X557) running on Android 7 (Nougat)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Development] How to root the Infinix Hot 4 (X557) running on Android 7 (Nougat)

[Development] How to root the Infinix Hot 4 (X557) running on Android 7 (Nougat)

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
damiflex
damiflex
damiflex
Techie Member
20-08-2017, 09:24 PM

(18-08-2017, 10:45 PM)Moosa89 Amazing tutorial. Great Work Hovatek :-*
Successfully rooted my Infinix hot 4 X557 on latest nougat (170626V86)

However, I want to add up something for newbies. Flash tool will start working and will give you a success message with a combination. Don't try to remove the cable before that. Or it will get hard bricked and it will take days for you to get it open again. My combination was pressing the power button for less then a milli second and it started flashing.

Moreover, I successfully disabled all infinix built-in crap, except xhide. If you disable xhide then your phone will restart every time while recieving incoming calls. Remeber, DONT DISABLE XHIDE.

Here is a complete list of apps I safely disabled.

Android Easter Egg
Android System Webview
App Lock
Backup and Restore
Basic Daydreams
Bookmark Provider
com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
Compass
Config Updater
Dirac Control Service
Drive
Emergency Information
Facebook App Installer
Facebook App Manager
Facebook Services
Feedback
Font Manager
Google Account Manager
Google Apps
Google One Time Init
Google Partner Set Up
Google Play Music
Google Text-to-speech engine
Hangouts
HTML Viewer
Integrated_Test_Tool
Intent Filter Verification System
Live Wallpaper Picker
Market Feedback Agent
MgzKeyguard
MMS Service
MTP Host
Music
Music FX
Permission Manager
Photos
PHX Browser
Print Service Recommendation Service
Print Spooler
Search Applications Provider
System Update
SystemUpdateSdcardServer
Ultra Power
User Dictionary
User Guide
VCalender
Video Player
VPN Dialogs
WallpaperSwitch
Work profile Setup
XAccount
XClub
XManager
XPower
XSecurity
XShare

I will be buying nova launcher and after that I will alao disable XOSLauncher.

My battery used to run 1.5 days in heavy use easily. After disabling all these app, my battery is running for 3 days smoothly.

Enjoy :p
Thanks for this tweak... I have greenify but how do you actually disable the applications on your device. Which app did you use or did you just force close?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
21-08-2017, 11:44 AM
(20-08-2017, 09:24 PM)damiflex Thanks for this tweak... I have greenify but how do you actually disable the applications on your device. Which app did you use or did you just force close?

download link2sd, launch and grant root
click on the app you want to disable, then freeze the app (once you are done freezing them all, reboot your device and ensure its working properly, then if you wish, you can uninstall the apps to release space)
Oladejimathew
Oladejimathew
Oladejimathew
Enthusiastic Member
20-09-2017, 11:00 PM
(18-08-2017, 10:45 PM)Moosa89 Amazing tutorial. Great Work Hovatek :-*
Successfully rooted my Infinix hot 4 X557 on latest nougat (170626V86)

However, I want to add up something for newbies. Flash tool will start working and will give you a success message with a combination. Don't try to remove the cable before that. Or it will get hard bricked and it will take days for you to get it open again. My combination was pressing the power button for less then a milli second and it started flashing.

Moreover, I successfully disabled all infinix built-in crap, except xhide. If you disable xhide then your phone will restart every time while recieving incoming calls. Remeber, DONT DISABLE XHIDE.

Here is a complete list of apps I safely disabled.

Android Easter Egg
Android System Webview
App Lock
Backup and Restore
Basic Daydreams
Bookmark Provider
com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
Compass
Config Updater
Dirac Control Service
Drive
Emergency Information
Facebook App Installer
Facebook App Manager
Facebook Services
Feedback
Font Manager
Google Account Manager
Google Apps
Google One Time Init
Google Partner Set Up
Google Play Music
Google Text-to-speech engine
Hangouts
HTML Viewer
Integrated_Test_Tool
Intent Filter Verification System
Live Wallpaper Picker
Market Feedback Agent
MgzKeyguard
MMS Service
MTP Host
Music
Music FX
Permission Manager
Photos
PHX Browser
Print Service Recommendation Service
Print Spooler
Search Applications Provider
System Update
SystemUpdateSdcardServer
Ultra Power
User Dictionary
User Guide
VCalender
Video Player
VPN Dialogs
WallpaperSwitch
Work profile Setup
XAccount
XClub
XManager
XPower
XSecurity
XShare

I will be buying nova launcher and after that I will alao disable XOSLauncher.

My battery used to run 1.5 days in heavy use easily. After disabling all these app, my battery is running for 3 days smoothly.

Enjoy :p

Please guys, how can i Change imei on hot 4 nougat
Andrea Papasin
Andrea Papasin
Andrea Papasin
11-11-2017, 09:52 AM
Hey guys. Just gonna ask. About the 3 Philz for Infinix Hot 4 (X557), I have the V86 , so should I just download that one or if the others are needed? Sorry, not a pro here.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-11-2017, 04:54 PM

(11-11-2017, 09:52 AM)Andrea Papasin Hey guys. Just gonna ask. About the 3 Philz for Infinix Hot 4 (X557), I have the V86 , so should I just download that one or if the others are needed? Sorry, not a pro here.

if the full build number of the V86 matches the build number of your device, then thats the ONLY one you should download.
the other two are for other X557 builds
Andrea Papasin
Andrea Papasin
Andrea Papasin
12-11-2017, 01:42 AM
(11-11-2017, 04:54 PM)X3non
(11-11-2017, 09:52 AM)Andrea Papasin Hey guys. Just gonna ask. About the 3 Philz for Infinix Hot 4 (X557), I have the V86 , so should I just download that one or if the others are needed? Sorry, not a pro here.

if the full build number of the V86 matches the build number of your device, then thats the ONLY one you should download.
the other two are for other X557 builds

Oh cool. Good thing that was what I did. Can I use this rooting to unroot my phone too? If ever the Oreo update comes.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-11-2017, 01:49 PM
(12-11-2017, 01:42 AM)Andrea Papasin Oh cool. Good thing that was what I did. Can I use this rooting to unroot my phone too? If ever the Oreo update comes.

to unroot and prepare for OTA, you need to flash back stock boot, recovery and system
Andrea Papasin
Andrea Papasin
Andrea Papasin
14-11-2017, 03:01 AM
(13-11-2017, 01:49 PM)X3non
(12-11-2017, 01:42 AM)Andrea Papasin Oh cool. Good thing that was what I did. Can I use this rooting to unroot my phone too? If ever the Oreo update comes.

to unroot and prepare for OTA, you need to flash back stock boot, recovery and system

Thanks for this guide. I have first rooted my phone with TWRP, then now with the Philz because I want to change my ROM. So... what custom ROMs are compatible with Infinix Hot 4? If you can answer, please do tell. Thanks again.  Blush
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
14-11-2017, 02:47 PM
(14-11-2017, 03:01 AM)Andrea Papasin
(13-11-2017, 01:49 PM)X3non

Thanks for this guide. I have first rooted my phone with TWRP, then now with the Philz because I want to change my ROM. So... what custom ROMs are compatible with Infinix Hot 4? If you can answer, please do tell. Thanks again.  Blush

For Custom ROMs you will have to run a quick search on google as there's no specific website for custom ROMs 
and Hovatek doesn't collect link to custom ROMs.
This post was last modified: 15-11-2017, 09:47 AM by hovatek.
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
Ernest Ogberahwe
23-11-2017, 02:39 AM

[quote="X3non" pid='115444' dateline='1502325057']
[quote="damiflex" pid='115404' dateline='1502289160']

Hey guys. I just updated my hot 4 with the recent update so now my build number is This is my build number.

X557-H807AD-N-171110V163

Those that mean am on v163

Tried flashing Philz for v68 n Co but nothing happens after clicking on download n inserting sub on the phone while switched off.. even waited for about 30 minutes yet nothing happened...

Whatsthe solution pls???
Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next