Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to flash Clockworkmod to a bricked MTK Android phone
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to flash Clockworkmod to a bricked MTK Android phone

[Tutorial] How to flash Clockworkmod to a bricked MTK Android phone

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-04-2014, 08:09 PM

In this guide, we'll be discussing a quick method of installing Clockworkmod to a bricked Mediatek (MTK) Android phone using MTK Droid tools. This procedure will come in handy in a situation whereby you need to unbrick your device but can only find a custom rom and custom recovery for your bricked device, not a stock rom.

Requirements

• Download MTK droid tools
  • Download PdaNet @ http://pdanet.co/a
  • Download Boot.img for your exact phone model :
  • Bricked MTK phone
  • Download Clockworkmod Recovery image for your exact phone mode
  • PC
  • USB cord

Steps to flash Clockworkmod to a bricked MTK Android phone

To flash Clockworkmod (CWM) custom recovery to a bricked MTK Android phone, follow the steps below

1. Boot the bricked phone into Factory Mode (Volume down + Power button)
  2. Connect the bricked phone to PC
  3. Install PdaNet on PC (If you have a working phone of the same model then connect it to PC with USB debugging enabled for this step, else just use the bricked one.)
  4. Launch MTK droid tools
  5. MTK should display the bricked phone's details by the left
  6. The box at the bottom should be yellow
  7. Click Root at the bottom of MTK and select Yes if prompted
  8. A green bar should load and the yellow box should become green
  9. Click on the root,backup,recovery tab
  10. Tick 'To install already prepared files'
  11. click Recovery and Boot
  12. In the first window that appears, select the boot.img you downloaded from above
  13. In the second window, select the clockworkmod recovery image you downloaded from above
  14. Click Yes to every prompt you get
  15. The bricked phone should now boot into clockworkmod recovery

Important Notice
  • The procedure is the same for MTK based Android phones but the files will differ
  • MTK Droid tools only works on old Mediatek chips so this procedure will not work on recent chipsets or Android versions
This post was last modified: 28-05-2018, 03:34 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-08-2014, 04:01 PM
(08-04-2014, 08:09 PM)hovatek 3. Launch MTK droid tools then connect the bricked phone

Should the bricked fne вє off with battery or ON or off and without battery ..cos. mtkd isn't detecting the fne ..and the fne doesn't seem тσ have factory mode ..device model is t.M7
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-08-2014, 04:13 PM
(07-08-2014, 04:01 PM)X3non Should the bricked fne вє off with battery or ON or off and without battery ..cos. mtkd isn't detecting the fne ..and the fne doesn't seem тσ have factory mode ..device model is t.M7
I assume the M7 is bricked. Switch off the phone (with battery inside) and boot into factory mode (volume decrease + power button) , when the phone enters factory mode (Chinese writing), connect it to PC then launch MTK droid tools. The phone's details should now be displayed. If not, then you've probably not installed drivers using pdanet. We have M7 MTK backup for you whenever you need download permission ( for SP Flash tool method if it gets down to that)

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-08-2014, 05:02 PM
(07-08-2014, 04:13 PM)hovatek I assume the M7 is bricked. Switch off the phone (with battery inside) and boot into factory mode (volume decrease + power button) , when the phone enters factory mode (Chinese writing), connect it to PC then launch MTK droid tools. The phone's details should now be displayed. If not, then you've probably not installed drivers using pdanet. We have M7 MTK backup for you whenever you need download permission ( for SP Flash tool method if it gets down to that)

The m7 is bricked ..and ι have created cwm backup with another m7 ..buh the bricked m7 doesn't seem тσ have factory mode ..or should ι flash in cwm recovery using spft?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-08-2014, 06:50 PM

(07-08-2014, 05:02 PM)X3non The m7 is bricked ..and ι have created cwm backup with another m7 ..buh the bricked m7 doesn't seem тσ have factory mode ..or should ι flash in cwm recovery using spft?

ok. but flash only recovery, untick the rest

Note!
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-08-2014, 10:25 PM
(07-08-2014, 06:50 PM)hovatek ok. but flash only recovery, untick the rest

Тнαηкѕ, wanted тσ вє extra sure before ι proceed
peteronye
peteronye
peteronye
15-09-2014, 09:49 AM
bro is there for scatter file
EMILEO90
EMILEO90
EMILEO90
Experienced Member
15-10-2014, 08:26 AM
my m3 is brickd wit out i havin dis cwm in de phone...so dis thread i saw here inputin cwm in brickd phone.. if i did dis 2my device wil come back to its normal form....
cos its not easy to persuade my pal who v de same model of phone...and d stock rom which u guys gave me permission to downld its 2much.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-10-2014, 09:18 AM
(15-10-2014, 08:26 AM)EMILEO90 my m3 is brickd wit out i havin dis cwm in de phone...so dis thread i saw here inputin cwm in brickd phone.. if i did dis 2my device wil come back to its normal form....
cos its not easy to persuade my pal who v de same model of phone...and d stock rom which u guys gave me permission to downld its 2much.

You're supposed to use this method @  http://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-455.html . The method above is only for when you get a particular error when using the method in the link I gave you

Note!
sparrow2424
sparrow2424
sparrow2424
Enthusiastic Member
04-08-2015, 03:54 PM

MTMTK droid tool does not respond after detecting the phone in factory mode. How can I fix this issue friends ?
Pages (2): 1 2 Next