Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Firmware for Trio Selfie3 T45 | scx35_sp7731geaplus_dt | sc8830
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Firmware for Trio Selfie3 T45 | scx35_sp7731geaplus_dt | sc8830

[Please help] Firmware for Trio Selfie3 T45 | scx35_sp7731geaplus_dt | sc8830

anpr22
anpr22
anpr22
Enthusiastic Member
19-05-2017, 06:56 AM

Hello, This is new thread for things related to Android kitkat 4.4.2 phone (Trio Selfie3 T45 | device - scx35_sp7731geaplus_dt | cpu hw - sc8830) 

To start with I need a firmware for this phone as it is not available on company's website or anywhere on the internet. or any working process to create by own .Pac file so that one can flash when the phone gets bricked. 

Thank you all.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-05-2017, 12:11 PM
(19-05-2017, 06:56 AM)anpr22 Hello, This is new thread for things related to Android kitkat 4.4.2 phone (Trio Selfie3 T45 | device - scx35_sp7731geaplus_dt | cpu hw - sc8830) 

To start with I need a firmware for this phone as it is not available on company's website or anywhere on the internet. or any working process to create by own .Pac file so that one can flash when the phone gets bricked. 

Thank you all.

You would need a box like CM2 SPD to create a pac file for this chip.
Another option you have is to flash a custom recovery then do a full backup.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
anpr22
anpr22
anpr22
Enthusiastic Member
20-05-2017, 07:09 AM
(19-05-2017, 12:11 PM)hovatek
(19-05-2017, 06:56 AM)anpr22 Hello, This is new thread for things related to Android kitkat 4.4.2 phone (Trio Selfie3 T45 | device - scx35_sp7731geaplus_dt | cpu hw - sc8830) 

Thank you all.

You would need a box like CM2 SPD to create a pac file for this chip.
Another option you have is to flash a custom recovery then do a full backup.

Hi , Thanks for the reply . I am sure the first option is working one as I read someone did it successfully with CM 2. But I can't buy that box as it will be costlier than even my phone i guess and don't have any idea.

second solution has some issues. first, what if i damage my recovery partition while flashing a custom recovery i ported. then how will i recover given i don't know how to flash back my partitions (fastboot mode accessible only from adb reboot bootloader and as u told my back up has not got all usable files ) .. i can connect to miracle box 2.27a before bootup but can't read it with error code.. near by shops have no idea about this phone.. but i guess u have all the skills and knowledge to find a way when none exists.. please guide me ..
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-05-2017, 11:23 AM
(20-05-2017, 07:09 AM)anpr22 Hi , Thanks for the reply . I am sure the first option is working one as I read someone did it successfully with CM 2. But I can't buy that box as it will be costlier than even my phone i guess and don't have any idea.

second solution has some issues. first, what if i damage my recovery partition while flashing a custom recovery i ported. then how will i recover given i don't know how to flash back my partitions (fastboot mode accessible only from adb reboot bootloader and as u told my back up has not got all usable files ) .. i can connect to miracle box 2.27a before bootup but can't read it with error code.. near by shops have no idea about this phone.. but i guess u have all the skills and knowledge to find a way when none exists.. please guide me ..

Miracle Box 2.27a would most likely not work for you.
To backup your phone in pac format, you'll clearly need a box. You could search for one with a Loader (we've not had much luck finding a working one)
As for the custom recovery, flashing a recovery (only) rarely causes the phone to be unable to boot to home screen (from which you can use adb) so I think its worth a shot if you have a recovery ported for your model

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
anpr22
anpr22
anpr22
Enthusiastic Member
20-05-2017, 12:33 PM

(20-05-2017, 11:23 AM)hovatek
(20-05-2017, 07:09 AM)anpr22 Hi , Thanks for the reply . I am sure the first option is working one as I read someone did it successfully with CM 2. But I can't buy that box as it will be costlier than even my phone i guess and don't have any idea.

Miracle Box 2.27a would most likely not work for you.
To backup your phone in pac format, you'll clearly need a box. You could search for one with a Loader (we've not had much luck finding a working one)
As for the custom recovery, flashing a recovery (only) rarely causes the phone to be unable to boot to home screen (from which you can use adb) so I think its worth a shot if you have a recovery ported for your model

I answered related thing to you in that other thread. Thanks , to add on from there avoiding duplicacy  can i port a custom rom and it will act as a fall back instead of firmware/.Pac files which i can flash using fastboot (reboot from ported twrp). 

so basically the current best solution for my device is :
1) use power+volume up to goto twrp recovery. either restore nandroid backup or reboot into fastboot mode and flash /system /boot etc or create update.zip of nandroid back up and apply from sdcard

2) if recovery partition is damaged (by the way how to avoid that ), no solution , just connect usb cable and try volume up+volume down ( as it connected in miracle box ) and hope i can send signals else carry it to the company. or can SPD upgrade, Research download, can boot me into fastboot or can i flash just .img or atleast create bootable .Pac file which somehow leads me adb

3) or a new way, volume down + power brings me in android homescreen with test & reset mode, then adb , fastboot can be accessed, but when /system is not only booting will it boot this test mode somehow ?

Please approve it , also you did not answer why cloning is not possible using clonezilla ..

sorry so many questions and probabilities but i guess you can answer.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-05-2017, 05:42 PM
(20-05-2017, 12:33 PM)anpr22 I answered related thing to you in that other thread. Thanks , to add on from there avoiding duplicacy  can i port a custom rom and it will act as a fall back instead of firmware/.Pac files which i can flash using fastboot (reboot from ported twrp). 

1) use power+volume up to goto twrp recovery. either restore nandroid backup or reboot into fastboot mode and flash /system /boot etc or create update.zip of nandroid back up and apply from sdcard

2) if recovery partition is damaged (by the way how to avoid that ), no solution , just connect usb cable and try volume up+volume down ( as it connected in miracle box ) and hope i can send signals else carry it to the company. or can SPD upgrade, Research download, can boot me into fastboot or can i flash just .img or atleast create bootable .Pac file which somehow leads me adb

3) or a new way, volume down + power brings me in android homescreen with test & reset mode, then adb , fastboot can be accessed, but when /system is not only booting will it boot this test mode somehow ?

Please approve it , also you did not answer why cloning is not possible using clonezilla ..

1. I would advise you restore other partitions (except recovery) via a custom recovery instead of fastboot. I've encountered some fastboot flashes gone wrong.

2. If recovery gets corrupted, you should still be able to boot up to home screen then boot into fastboot via ADB. Research Download won't be able to help as you have no pac file (especially fdl 1&2)

3. If /system gets corrupted, you should still have access to recovery & test mode. Unless your system.img causes an overlap which in turn affects neighboring partitions

4. Clonezilla is built primarily for USB, SSD or HDD storages. Although your SPD phone uses a storage (emmc), it doesn't operate like your regular USB storage.
This post was last modified: 20-05-2017, 05:43 PM by hovatek.

Note!
anpr22
anpr22
anpr22
Enthusiastic Member
20-05-2017, 06:56 PM
(20-05-2017, 05:42 PM)hovatek
(20-05-2017, 12:33 PM)anpr22 I answered related thing to you in that other thread. Thanks , to add on from there avoiding duplicacy  can i port a custom rom and it will act as a fall back instead of firmware/.Pac files which i can flash using fastboot (reboot from ported twrp). 

1. I would advise you restore other partitions (except recovery) via  a custom recovery instead of fastboot. I've encountered some fastboot flashes gone wrong.

2. If recovery gets corrupted, you should still be able to boot up to home screen then boot into fastboot via ADB. Research Download won't be able to help as you have no pac file (especially fdl 1&2)

3. If /system gets corrupted, you should still have access to recovery & test mode. Unless your system.img causes an overlap which in turn affects neighboring partitions

4. Clonezilla is built primarily for USB, SSD or HDD storages. Although your SPD phone uses a storage (emmc), it doesn't operate like your regular USB storage.

Okay thanks, got it. I created StockRom.zip for flashing it with twrp/fastboot , created nandroid backup for data also, have partitions backed up to be flashed by dd command in terminal of twrp shell or fastboot if that fails. 

I guess that should suffice for any kind of restore. For an unsupported phone that's quite a peace of mind.

Thanks for the explanation ! I have link2sd installed to create links for the apps. Hope it will not cause any issue if I don't clean second partition.