Invalid IMEI on a huawei modem is most likely as a result of tampering with the NVM, those who unlock their devices using bootshot method might notice that the device no longer has a valid IMEI or SN number.
The device might still work properly even with this invalid BUT it would be rather safe to have everything in perfect condition. This guide shows how to write back IMEI and SN number.
- Download and install HxD Editor on your PC @ https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht.../HxD.shtml
- Download DC-unlocker @ https://hovatek.com/redirect.php?link=ht...ocker.com/
- Huawei modem or MiFi with corrupted IMEI and SN number
- USB cord
- The guide assumes that you already installed the necessary drivers before now. If you haven't done so then search online for, download and install the necessary drivers for your device.
How to Write IMEI and SN Number to a Huawei Modem or MiFi
- Disconnect the device and insert a working sim of your choice (you'll get an error message if you try writing IMEI without a SIM card inside the device)
- Power on the device and connect to the PC using a USB cord
- Now run DC-unlocker
- Select Huawei modems > Use auto detect > Click the search button
- The device should be detected and all information displayed
- Now type the code below and hit Enter
where ***** is the 15 digit original IMEI gotten from the carton of your device
- You should get "OK" meaning the IMEI was written successfully
- To write SN number, Launch HxD editor > press "control + N" to open a new file
- Type the original serial number gotten from the carton of your device into the right hand side and the hex value should be displayed in the middle
- Now type the code below into DC-unlocker and hit Enter
AT^NVWR=6,16,** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
where ** ** ** ... is the hex value gotten from HxD editor
- You should get "OK" meaning the SN number was written successfully