Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android How to root the Galaxy S7 Clone MT6582
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

How to root the Galaxy S7 Clone MT6582

How to root the Galaxy S7 Clone MT6582

lucidp
lucidp
lucidp
19-05-2017, 09:00 PM

Good day,

I have a Fake/Clone Samsung Galaxy Edge with the Mt6582 chipset and have been struggling to root it.
I've tried several rooting apps with no luck. Then I managed to find a youtube video on unlocking the bootloader
which worked! So at least i got that right. 

Searching on youtube I found a video on how to root chinese mtk devices: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s66e-kwvKUU

The instructions were to install the nessecary drivers, install mk droid tools to create the scatter file, which I did as instructed
and then use SP flash tool to load the scatter file, which worked fine, then go to read back tab, add the item and change to correct length
also fine so far. then I click the read back button and this is where I get an error. I have attached an image of the error. 

Could someone please help me sort out this problem.

All I actually want to do is root the phone so i can install TRWP recovery on it and install custom ROMS.

Please help, 

Thank you kindly!
Attached Files
.png
Sp flash error.png
Size: 37.58 KB / Downloads: 6
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
19-05-2017, 10:44 PM
(19-05-2017, 09:00 PM)lucidp Good day,

Please help, 

Thank you kindly!

dump the firmware of your phone in scatter file @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
lets know when you're done
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-05-2017, 11:39 AM
Yes please.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
lucidp
lucidp
lucidp
20-05-2017, 05:07 PM
Hi guys and thank you for you reply. I have made a scatter file already using MTK Droid Tools. If you wanted me to make a backup using Miracle Box as is shown in the link you posted,...I tried to do that but after installing Miracle Box it wont run on my windows 10 Pc. After clicking on the Icon nothing happens, even though installation went perfectly. What do I do next, and thanks again for all your help. I am really desperate o just root this phone!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-05-2017, 06:58 PM

(20-05-2017, 05:07 PM)lucidp Hi guys and thank you for you reply. I have made a scatter file already using MTK Droid Tools. If you wanted me to make a backup using Miracle Box as is shown in the link you posted,...I tried to do that but after installing Miracle Box it wont run on my windows 10 Pc. After clicking on the Icon nothing happens, even though installation went perfectly. What do I do next, and thanks again for all your help. I am really desperate o just root this phone!

Your MTK droid tools scatter file is of little help.
Follow the Miracle Box guide and download the Loader version

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.