Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Please help] soft key trouble

Please I am beginning to have big issues with my soft keys, really malfunctioning or not functioning sometimes, so I tried to bring out the on screen soft keys but it didn't work. I edited the buildprop so many times. This is something I do very well on this same phone but a different custom rom, but it does not just work on this new custom rom. I even downloaded soft key apps it said successful but after reboot it didn't still come up. I am using a LG g4 custom rom on my tecno h5.... A kk to jb upgrade that is, thanks in anticipation.

(05-20-2017, 04:07 PM)Tobincredible Wrote: Please I am beginning to have big issues with my soft keys, really malfunctioning or not functioning sometimes, so I tried to bring out the on screen soft keys but it didn't work. I edited the buildprop so many times. This is something I do very well on this same phone but a different custom rom, but it does not just work on this new custom rom. I even downloaded soft key apps it said successful but after reboot it didn't still come up. I am using a LG g4 custom rom on my tecno h5.... A kk to jb upgrade that is, thanks in anticipation.

refer to the guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-11171.html
in step 9 where it says " Add a new line and type", before adding this new line first search for "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1" within the build.prop file
if you find it, then remove the line before adding the new line with values "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0"

if on the other hand you dont find any line with "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1", then i'll suggest you revert back to stock rom then try enabling the soft touch keys again

if it still doesn't work, then its likely that your phone's screen size is too small to actually contain those keys