Team Hovatek has ported the Keslar Custom ROM for Tecno M3 (See //forum.hovatek.com/showthread.php?tid=153) to Tecno P5 Please drop your review as a comment or email [email protected] to report any bug.
*Note; Ensure to make a Clockworkmod / Nandroid backup before flashing any ROM! (see how to backup an Android phone's ROM @ //forum.hovatek.com/showthread.php?tid=168 )
* Android 4.2.9.
* Customized UI, icons and Sounds.
* Ported from the Keslar ROM for Tecno M3
* Optimized for better WI-FI / wireless connection.
* Optimized for faster browsing on mobile networks.
* Optimized for faster boot, response and isolates lagging apps.
* Optimized for lower rate of power consumption (longer battery life).
* Optimized VM Heap size (balances apps RAM requirement with smooth hardware functioning).
* Hardware acceleration (reduces CPU time of CPU consuming tasks).
* Improved voice call quality.
* Optimized Internel and External storage I/O (increased read / write speeds and faster mouting / unmounting).
* Deodexed and Zipaligned apps to enable smooth tweaking.
* Improved picture and video recording quality .
* Improved picture and video rendering on screen.
You DO NOT need to wipe data / factory reset before flashing this ROM. Doing a data wipe / factory reset in Clockworkmod sometimes results in Null IMEI for some people (see: How to fix unknown Basebrand version, null / invalid IMEI & SIM card not detected @ //forum.hovatek.com/showthread.php?tid=116 ) . you can just clear cache.
Download Keslar Custom ROM for Tecno P5 by Hovatek @ either of the links below
Note that this Custom ROM is for Old OS P5 (see how to idetify this OS type @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-311.html )
How to Flash
1. Root your Tecno Device (Follow this guide on how to root a Tecno phone @ //forum.hovatek.com/showthread.php?tid=1 )
2. Flash Clockworkmod to your phone and make a backup (Follow this guide on How to flash Clockworkmod to a Tecno phone @ //forum.hovatek.com/showthread.php?tid=75)
3. Copy the Keslar ROM to your memory card and boot your phone into recovery mode (switch off the phone then press Volume increase button + power button and keep holding both down )
4. Select Flash zip from SD card
5. Select the Keslar ROM then click Yes to confirm.
# Bug fixes:
If you keep seeing Android is upgrading even after installing the Custom ROM then :
* Install a Root Explorer like Root explorer, ES file manager or ROM toolbox lite
* Go to System > apps
* Delete Makah Madinah Live Wallpapers.apk
* Restart the phone