Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] my Tecno Boom j8 is not switiching on nor coming up again
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] my Tecno Boom j8 is not switiching on nor coming up again

[Please help] my Tecno Boom j8 is not switiching on nor coming up again

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
23-05-2017, 02:02 PM

I have a problem with my Tecno Boom J8. the battery got dead this morning when i was using it  and I connect it to a power source and as it get to 1% of charge I switched it on and it stuck at boot page, so I Press + hold the power button then  the device switched off and since then i have been unable to switch it on again and when I connect my charger it is not showing anything like it is charging  or anythingl. Kindly help thanks. Is it a new ROM I need to flash? I am devastated. Also i have never rooted my device! Thank you All. This is the nineth month of using the phone
This post was last modified: 23-05-2017, 02:19 PM by Charlae4ive. Edit Reason: add missing words
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
23-05-2017, 08:39 PM
(23-05-2017, 02:02 PM)Charlae4ive I have a problem with my Tecno Boom J8. the battery got dead this morning when i was using it  and I connect it to a power source and as it get to 1% of charge I switched it on and it stuck at boot page, so I Press + hold the power button then  the device switched off and since then i have been unable to switch it on again and when I connect my charger it is not showing anything like it is charging  or anythingl. Kindly help thanks. Is it a new ROM I need to flash? I am devastated. Also i have never rooted my device! Thank you All. This is the nineth month of using the phone

for how long did you leave the phone on charger?
also, does it make sound if you connect to pc?
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
24-05-2017, 12:46 AM
(23-05-2017, 08:39 PM)innagee
(23-05-2017, 02:02 PM)Charlae4ive I have a problem with my Tecno Boom J8. the battery got dead this morning when i was using it  and I connect it to a power source and as it get to 1% of charge I switched it on and it stuck at boot page, so I Press + hold the power button then  the device switched off and since then i have been unable to switch it on again and when I connect my charger it is not showing anything like it is charging  or anythingl. Kindly help thanks. Is it a new ROM I need to flash? I am devastated. Also i have never rooted my device! Thank you All. This is the nineth month of using the phone

it has been hours i left it on plugged to the socket up to 7 hours still not coming up or showing charging so i want to leave it over night till tomorrow

yes sure it makes some sound when connected to the pc especially if i press + hold power button  and volume button together.
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
24-05-2017, 11:12 AM

Good morning, I have charged the phone over night there is still no sign of life on it. Please what should I do?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
24-05-2017, 11:14 AM

(24-05-2017, 12:46 AM)Charlae4ive

it has been hours i left it on plugged to the socket up to 7 hours still not coming up or showing charging so i want to leave it over night till tomorrow

yes sure it makes some sound when connected to the pc especially if i press + hold power button  and volume button together.

Try flashing firmware
Download Tecno ROM @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html
Flash using SP Flash tool, see guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
24-05-2017, 11:52 AM
(24-05-2017, 11:14 AM)innagee

Try flashing firmware
Flash using SP Flash tool, see guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Thanks for your reply. But please when I connect my device to a laptop this morning! It doesn't make any sound except if press power button + volume up button. Then it will make sound.

Hope there is still hope that it will flash?
Because when I press the power button+ the volume up button it give two sounds and also the device manager page reloads twice and didn't show the name of my device on the list and it do show other devices when I connect them..

I just hope and pray it works for me ooo
This post was last modified: 24-05-2017, 11:58 AM by Charlae4ive. Edit Reason: Add missing info
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
24-05-2017, 03:22 PM

Try flashing firmware

Please when I connect my device to the Sp flash tool. Nothin happened and nothing flashed please what should I do???
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
24-05-2017, 04:02 PM

Try flashing firmware

Please when I connect my device to the Sp flash tool. Nothing happened and nothing flashed please what should I do???

BUT WHEN I PRESS THE VOLUME UP BUTTON PLUS THE POWER BUTTON IT BRINGS SOMETHING IN RED AND SAYS DOWNLOAD DA 100% AND BRING UP ERORR MESSAGE CHECK THE ATTACHMENT. THANKS.
Attached Files
.jpg
RCCGrogl.jpg
Size: 912.99 KB / Downloads: 22
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
24-05-2017, 04:55 PM
(24-05-2017, 04:02 PM)Charlae4ive Please when I connect my device to the Sp flash tool. Nothing happened and nothing flashed please what should I do???

BUT WHEN I PRESS THE VOLUME UP BUTTON PLUS THE POWER BUTTON IT BRINGS SOMETHING IN RED AND SAYS DOWNLOAD DA 100% AND BRING UP ERORR MESSAGE CHECK THE ATTACHMENT. THANKS.

have you tried the fixes @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html ?
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
Charlae4ive
24-05-2017, 07:43 PM

(24-05-2017, 04:55 PM)X3non
(24-05-2017, 04:02 PM)Charlae4ive Please when I connect my device to the Sp flash tool. Nothing happened and nothing flashed please what should I do???

have you tried the fixes @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html ?

I wanted to but I don't have the preloader file for boom j8. Can you help providing it for me?? Since the phone is finally dead and again it is not making any sound when i connect it to the laptop and doesnt show on the device manager list too
This post was last modified: 24-05-2017, 07:53 PM by Charlae4ive. Edit Reason: add more info
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next