Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno Y3 Flashing Error
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Tecno Y3 Flashing Error

Tecno Y3 Flashing Error

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
25-05-2017, 12:07 AM

Morning Team Hovatek,
I've been trying to flash a tecno Y3 device. It doesn't power on neither does it charge but it's being detected by PC though.

I tried reading it with Miracle Box to know the build number but it returned with a Boot ID error something. I tried writing flash same thing.

I've used all the flashing tools known to me but it turns up with one error or the other.

Attached to this post is a screenshot of the SP Flash Tool error as I tried flashing device with it.

And just to add, I've used different variants of Tecno Y3 available. Most of 'em I downloaded from Hovatek Collections.

Please advice. Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7534kW...ivesdkorum

Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using Hovatek mobile
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
25-05-2017, 11:00 AM
(25-05-2017, 12:07 AM)erhiskobi Morning Team Hovatek,
I've been trying to flash a tecno Y3 device. It doesn't power on neither does it charge but it's being detected by PC though.

how exactly did this device go dead?
and what chipset type did you select in miracle box?
also retry flashing using a different PC
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
25-05-2017, 11:13 AM
(25-05-2017, 11:00 AM)X3non

how exactly did this device go dead?
and what chipset type did you select in miracle box?
also retry flashing using a different PC

Miracle box was set to auto and it did detected the chipset of the device (8th boot with the MT65xxx...). So it's not a wrong boot issue.
Flashing with another pc might be hard but I'll try if I can get one to set up for flashing.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-05-2017, 11:24 AM
(25-05-2017, 11:13 AM)erhiskobi Miracle box was set to auto and it did detected the chipset of the device (8th boot with the MT65xxx...). So it's not a wrong boot issue.
Flashing with another pc might be hard but I'll try if I can get one to set up for flashing.

This is looking like an emmc chip issue. Try another PC and USB cord as @X3non suggested and lets know how it goes

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
25-05-2017, 11:58 AM

I tried reading it with Miracle Box to know the build number but it returned with a Boot ID error something. I tried writing flash same thing.

I've used all the flashing tools known to me but it turns up with one error or the other.

Attached to this post is a screenshot of the SP Flash Tool error as I tried flashing device with it.

And just to add, I've used different variants of Tecno Y3 available. Most of 'em I downloaded from Hovatek Collections.

Please advice. Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7534kW...ivesdkorum

The device was lagging seriously so I had to reset it via recovery and it went off before the factory reset process completed and that's how it ended up the way it is now - doesn't power on, doesn't charge and doesn't want to write data.

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
25-05-2017, 06:48 PM
(25-05-2017, 11:58 AM)erhiskobi The device was lagging seriously so I had to reset it via recovery and it went off before the factory reset process completed and that's how it ended up the way it is now - doesn't power on, doesn't charge and doesn't want to write data.

Thats a symptom of a faulty emmc chip.
Try doing a jumper like @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11802.html if it helps with flashing

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
26-05-2017, 03:35 PM
(25-05-2017, 11:24 AM)hovatek
(25-05-2017, 11:13 AM)erhiskobi Miracle box was set to auto and it did detected the chipset of the device (8th boot with the MT65xxx...). So it's not a wrong boot issue.

This is looking like an emmc chip issue. Try another PC and USB cord as @X3non suggested and lets know how it goes

Ok. Thanks. Will do just that

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
26-05-2017, 03:48 PM
(25-05-2017, 06:48 PM)hovatek
(25-05-2017, 11:58 AM)erhiskobi The device was lagging seriously so I had to reset it via recovery and it went off before the factory reset process completed and that's how it ended up the way it is now - doesn't power on, doesn't charge and doesn't want to write data.

Thats a symptom of a faulty emmc chip.
Try doing a jumper like @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-11802.html if it helps with flashing

Thanks