Hi, Guest! Login / Register
Giveaway: Free Hovatek T-shirts, Hoodies & Cufflinks.. I WANT ONE! (Nov 25, 2017)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tecno Y3 Flashing Error

Morning Team Hovatek,
I've been trying to flash a tecno Y3 device. It doesn't power on neither does it charge but it's being detected by PC though.

I tried reading it with Miracle Box to know the build number but it returned with a Boot ID error something. I tried writing flash same thing.

I've used all the flashing tools known to me but it turns up with one error or the other.

Attached to this post is a screenshot of the SP Flash Tool error as I tried flashing device with it.

And just to add, I've used different variants of Tecno Y3 available. Most of 'em I downloaded from Hovatek Collections.

Please advice. Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7534kW...ivesdkorum

Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using Hovatek mobile

(05-25-2017, 12:07 AM)erhiskobi Wrote: Morning Team Hovatek,
I've been trying to flash a tecno Y3 device. It doesn't power on neither does it charge but it's being detected by PC though.

how exactly did this device go dead?
and what chipset type did you select in miracle box?
also retry flashing using a different PC
(05-25-2017, 11:00 AM)X3non Wrote:

how exactly did this device go dead?
and what chipset type did you select in miracle box?
also retry flashing using a different PC

Miracle box was set to auto and it did detected the chipset of the device (8th boot with the MT65xxx...). So it's not a wrong boot issue.
Flashing with another pc might be hard but I'll try if I can get one to set up for flashing.

(05-25-2017, 11:13 AM)erhiskobi Wrote: Miracle box was set to auto and it did detected the chipset of the device (8th boot with the MT65xxx...). So it's not a wrong boot issue.
Flashing with another pc might be hard but I'll try if I can get one to set up for flashing.

This is looking like an emmc chip issue. Try another PC and USB cord as @X3non suggested and lets know how it goes
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)

I tried reading it with Miracle Box to know the build number but it returned with a Boot ID error something. I tried writing flash same thing.

I've used all the flashing tools known to me but it turns up with one error or the other.

Attached to this post is a screenshot of the SP Flash Tool error as I tried flashing device with it.

And just to add, I've used different variants of Tecno Y3 available. Most of 'em I downloaded from Hovatek Collections.

Please advice. Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7534kW...ivesdkorum

The device was lagging seriously so I had to reset it via recovery and it went off before the factory reset process completed and that's how it ended up the way it is now - doesn't power on, doesn't charge and doesn't want to write data.

(05-25-2017, 11:58 AM)erhiskobi Wrote: The device was lagging seriously so I had to reset it via recovery and it went off before the factory reset process completed and that's how it ended up the way it is now - doesn't power on, doesn't charge and doesn't want to write data.

Thats a symptom of a faulty emmc chip.
Try doing a jumper like @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-11802.html if it helps with flashing
Need further assistance? Speak with a Hovatek Representative:
Working Hours: Mondays - Saturdays ; 09:00 - 18:00 (GMT +1:00)
(05-25-2017, 11:24 AM)hovatek Wrote:
(05-25-2017, 11:13 AM)erhiskobi Wrote: Miracle box was set to auto and it did detected the chipset of the device (8th boot with the MT65xxx...). So it's not a wrong boot issue.

This is looking like an emmc chip issue. Try another PC and USB cord as @X3non suggested and lets know how it goes

Ok. Thanks. Will do just that

(05-25-2017, 06:48 PM)hovatek Wrote:
(05-25-2017, 11:58 AM)erhiskobi Wrote: The device was lagging seriously so I had to reset it via recovery and it went off before the factory reset process completed and that's how it ended up the way it is now - doesn't power on, doesn't charge and doesn't want to write data.

Thats a symptom of a faulty emmc chip.
Try doing a jumper like @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-11802.html if it helps with flashing

Thanks