Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Bad flash, USB unrecognized
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Bad flash, USB unrecognized

[Please help] Bad flash, USB unrecognized

jctheLion
jctheLion
jctheLion
Enthusiastic Member
27-05-2017, 12:33 PM

Hi! I messed up in flashing my Lenovo s850 with rom backup, now its not opening, no vibration, not charging, and no recovery, when I connect it to pc has dundun sound, I can see it in device manager but it says "unknown usb device(device descriptor request failed). pls help
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
27-05-2017, 03:31 PM
(27-05-2017, 12:33 PM)jctheLion Hi! I messed up in flashing my Lenovo s850 with rom backup, now its not opening, no vibration, not charging, and no recovery, when I connect it to pc has dundun sound, I can see it in device manager but it says "unknown usb device(device descriptor request failed). pls help

Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html
jctheLion
jctheLion
jctheLion
Enthusiastic Member
30-05-2017, 09:24 AM
(27-05-2017, 03:31 PM)innagee
(27-05-2017, 12:33 PM)jctheLion Hi! I messed up in flashing my Lenovo s850 with rom backup, now its not opening, no vibration, not charging, and no recovery, when I connect it to pc has dundun sound, I can see it in device manager but it says "unknown usb device(device descriptor request failed). pls help

Thanks! I tried the method mentioned in the link and it works, I charged it for three days and finally may pc detects it as "Mediatek DA USB VCOM(android)", but my problem now is, spflashtool cant detect it, I tried uninstalling mediatek driver in usbdeview and reinstalling vcom drivers but still cant detect my phone, I also try in latest spflashtool but the same result, pls help
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
30-05-2017, 09:56 AM
(30-05-2017, 09:24 AM)jctheLion

Thanks! I tried the method mentioned in the link and it works, I charged it for three days and finally may pc detects it as "Mediatek DA USB VCOM(android)", but my problem now is, spflashtool cant detect it, I tried uninstalling mediatek driver in usbdeview and reinstalling vcom drivers but still cant detect my phone, I also try in latest spflashtool but the same result, pls help

Have you tried it on another pc running windows 7.
jctheLion
jctheLion
jctheLion
Enthusiastic Member
30-05-2017, 10:56 AM

(30-05-2017, 09:56 AM)innagee
(30-05-2017, 09:24 AM)jctheLion

Have you tried it on another pc running windows 7.
I don't have access to windows 7 pc, but I think its because its not using the right driver? There are two Mediatek DA USB VCOM in the device manager, the one is the installed mediatek driver(with exclamation point) the other one from my phone. I provided screen shot.
Attached Files
.png
Capture.PNG
Size: 22.52 KB / Downloads: 6
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-05-2017, 11:26 AM
(30-05-2017, 10:56 AM)jctheLion I don't have access to windows 7 pc, but I think its because its not using the right driver? There are two Mediatek DA USB VCOM in the device manager, the one is the installed mediatek driver(with exclamation point) the other one from my phone. I provided screen shot.

Try manually updating the phone's drivers using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16839.html
If you have more questions / issues with driver detection then kindly create a new thread for it to avoid a mixup

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
jctheLion
jctheLion
jctheLion
Enthusiastic Member
01-06-2017, 04:00 AM
(30-05-2017, 11:26 AM)hovatek
(30-05-2017, 10:56 AM)jctheLion I don't have access to windows 7 pc, but I think its because its not using the right driver? There are two Mediatek DA USB VCOM in the device manager, the one is the installed mediatek driver(with exclamation point) the other one from my phone. I provided screen shot.

Try manually updating the phone's drivers using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16839.html
If you have more questions / issues with driver detection then kindly create a new thread for it to avoid a mixup

I already tried updating the driver manually, nothing happens. I think the problem is the preloader? Because it doesn't appear in the device manager, the only driver there is the Mediatek DA USB VCOM(android), I don't know what else to do, I almost tried everything except removing battery bcause its built in and its really hard to remove w/o the right equipment.
jctheLion
jctheLion
jctheLion
Enthusiastic Member
01-06-2017, 05:32 AM
(01-06-2017, 04:00 AM)jctheLion
(30-05-2017, 11:26 AM)hovatek

I already tried updating the driver manually, nothing happens. I think the problem is the preloader? Because it doesn't appear in the device manager, the only driver there is the Mediatek DA USB VCOM(android), I don't know what else to do, I almost tried everything except removing battery bcause its built in and its really hard to remove w/o the right equipment.
Nevermind, Its now detected by spflashtool, what I did is uninstall all vcomdrivers and try to flash without installing vcom drivers and it works!!! Thank you Smile