Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

windows application error

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2017, 05:44 PM by Usmand7. )

my laptop won't run sp flash tool it keeps on displaying: The application failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect please help how do I solve this problem; I am using windows vista home basic with no sp.

(05-30-2017, 05:16 PM)Usmand7 Wrote: my laptop won't run sp flash tool it keeps on displaying: The application failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect please help how do I solve this problem; I am using windows vista home basic with no sp.

Are you getting this with other applications also or just SP Flash Tool?
(05-30-2017, 05:16 PM)Usmand7 Wrote: my laptop won't run sp flash tool it keeps on displaying: The application failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect please help how do I solve this problem; I am using windows vista home basic with no sp.

(05-30-2017, 08:04 PM)hovatek Wrote:

Attached Files
.jpg   Application Error.jpg (Size: 182.28 KB / Downloads: 2)
(05-31-2017, 12:46 AM)Usmand7 Wrote:

(05-30-2017, 08:04 PM)hovatek Wrote:

For now yes its the only application I receive this message from, the other issue is with regards to installation of some applications, they don't even respond at all like the JDK and the driver toolkit installer I tried to run as administrator still they don't respond
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2017, 11:00 AM by hovatek. )
(05-31-2017, 01:07 AM)Usmand7 Wrote: For now yes its the only application I receive this message from, the other issue is with regards to installation of some applications, they don't even respond at all like the JDK and the driver toolkit installer I tried to run as administrator still they don't respond

I would advise you switch to a Windows 7 PC or run SP flash tool in compatibility mode
Alternatively, you could do a regedit modification at Regedit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrenVersion > SideBy Side > X86_policy
Depending on the number in the error, locate the entry then replace the value data of Default with the highest value data on the list
(05-31-2017, 10:46 AM)hovatek Wrote:
(05-31-2017, 01:07 AM)Usmand7 Wrote: For now yes its the only application I receive this message from, the other issue is with regards to installation of some applications, they don't even respond at all like the JDK and the driver toolkit installer I tried to run as administrator still they don't respond

I would advise you switch to a Windows 7 PC or run SP flash tool in compatibility mode
Alternatively, you could do a regedit modification at Regedit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrenVersion > SideBy Side > X86_policy
Depending on the number in the error, locate the entry then replace the value data of Default with the highest value data on the list

Thanks I downloaded sp flash tool version 3 it worked, however I have another issue, regarding connectivity. My device returns USB device not recognized, even though I manually installed the mediatek preloader,
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2017, 01:14 PM by Usmand7. )

I checked the regedit there is no value data, I resolved some now I face another challange regarding connectivity; the device now shows me my device is successfully installed but in the list of Universal Serial Bus Controller it shows unknown device I uninstalled it clicked on scan for hardware changes yet it still returns the same message what should I do? Thank you. The phone charges via the USB cord when connected
(05-31-2017, 01:12 PM)Usmand7 Wrote:

I checked the regedit there is no value data, I resolved some now I face another challange regarding connectivity; the device now shows me my device is successfully installed but in the list of Universal Serial Bus Controller it shows unknown device I uninstalled it clicked on scan for hardware changes yet it still returns the same message what should I do? Thank you. The phone charges via the USB cord when connected

You'll need to install VCOM drivers, see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-440.html.
Also Pull out/in the battery before retrying.
(05-31-2017, 02:15 PM)innagee Wrote:

You'll need to install VCOM drivers, see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-440.html.

in the list of drivers what am I expected to install is it only the Media Tek Preloader USB VCOM port or is there any thing I should install?
(06-01-2017, 02:42 PM)Usmand7 Wrote:
(05-31-2017, 02:15 PM)innagee Wrote:

in the list of drivers what am I expected to install is it only the Media Tek Preloader USB VCOM port or is there any thing I should install?

Just MTK Preloader