Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] TECNO 8H Stock ROM flashing fails
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] TECNO 8H Stock ROM flashing fails

[Please help] TECNO 8H Stock ROM flashing fails

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
steel
steel
steel
Enthusiastic Member
31-05-2017, 06:28 PM

i have with me a tecno device that got stuck on the EXPERIENCE SMART LIFE splash screen on boot, i tried to flash it with stock ROM obtained from Hovtek and the latest release of SP Flash tool but it came up with errors. Drivers are installed, ive swapped 2 to 3 different USB cables, swapped USB ports as well. the solutions to the various errors as mentioned on hovatek forum were followed as well. i have no idea of what could be wrong
.png
Screenshot (2).png
Size: 543.77 KB / Downloads: 7
This post was last modified: 31-05-2017, 08:59 PM by steel.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-05-2017, 07:55 PM
(31-05-2017, 06:28 PM)steel
i have with me a tecno device that got stuck on the EXPERIENCE SMART LIFE splash screen on boot, i tried to flash it with stock ROM obtained from Hovtek and the latest release of SP Flash tool but it came up with errors. Drivers are installed, ive swapped 2 to 3 different USB cables, swapped USB ports as well. the solutions to the various errors as mentioned on hovatek forum were followed as well. i have no idea of what could be wrong

Upload a full screenshot of the error message

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
steel
steel
steel
Enthusiastic Member
31-05-2017, 08:48 PM
(31-05-2017, 07:55 PM)hovatek
(31-05-2017, 06:28 PM)steel

Upload a full screenshot of the error message
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot (2).png
Size: 543.77 KB / Downloads: 4
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-06-2017, 09:27 AM
(31-05-2017, 08:48 PM)steel .

That's a problem writing to the phone.
How did the phone get bricked and did you hold any button when connecting to PC?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
steel
steel
steel
Enthusiastic Member
01-06-2017, 09:51 AM

(01-06-2017, 09:27 AM)hovatek
(31-05-2017, 08:48 PM)steel .

That's a problem writing to the phone.
How did the phone get bricked and did you hold any button when connecting to PC?

i just powered it up one morning and it was stuck. i dont hold any button when i connect it to the pc
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-06-2017, 07:22 PM
(01-06-2017, 09:51 AM)steel i just powered it up one morning and it was stuck. i dont hold any button when i connect it to the pc

OK.
Power off the device then launch device manager.
Connect the phone to PC, what does it get detected as?

Note!
steel
steel
steel
Enthusiastic Member
02-06-2017, 11:56 AM
(01-06-2017, 07:22 PM)hovatek
(01-06-2017, 09:51 AM)steel i just powered it up one morning and it was stuck. i dont hold any button when i connect it to the pc

OK.
Power off the device then launch device manager.
Connect the phone to PC, what does it get detected as?

The battery is inbuilt so i just hold the power button to shut it down...when i connect it to the pc..it shows Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM (COM11) and gives the connect tone..one second, it makes the disconnect tone and starts to charge
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-06-2017, 07:55 PM
(02-06-2017, 11:56 AM)steel The battery is inbuilt so i just hold the power button to shut it down...when i connect it to the pc..it shows Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM (COM11) and gives the connect tone..one second, it makes the disconnect tone and starts to charge

With the phone still connected, go to device manager > View and show hidden devices.
Uninstall all MTK drivers but don't reinstall.
Now, retry connecting the phone once SP Flash tool is ready

Note!
steel
steel
steel
Enthusiastic Member
03-06-2017, 03:54 PM
(02-06-2017, 07:55 PM)hovatek
(02-06-2017, 11:56 AM)steel The battery is inbuilt so i just hold the power button to shut it down...when i connect it to the pc..it shows Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM (COM11) and gives the connect tone..one second, it makes the disconnect tone and starts to charge

With the phone still connected, go to device manager > View and show hidden devices.
Uninstall all MTK drivers but don't reinstall.
Now, retry connecting the phone once SP Flash tool is ready

I tried that as well..windows simply detected it as MT65xx preloader and SP flash tool didnt detect it with autodetect... i installed the drivers and it was detected by sp flash tool once again but still doesnt work.. i think the onboard memory is damaged, cant be accessed or written to i guess. If there was a test to check the on board memory as it is the only culprit in mind
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-06-2017, 06:48 PM

(03-06-2017, 03:54 PM)steel I tried that as well..windows simply detected it as MT65xx preloader and SP flash tool didnt detect it with autodetect... i installed the drivers and it was detected by sp flash tool once again but still doesnt work.. i think the onboard memory is damaged, cant be accessed or written to i guess. If there was a test to check the on board memory as it is the only culprit in mind

Yes, quite possibly an emmc chip issue.

Before we conclude on that, try updating the phone's drivers using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16839.html

Note!
Pages (2): 1 2 Next