Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno L3 having a bootloop - stucked at the booting stage.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno L3 having a bootloop - stucked at the booting stage.

[Please help] Tecno L3 having a bootloop - stucked at the booting stage.

dpol
dpol
dpol
31-05-2017, 06:52 PM

Hi,
Please, I need tecno L3 complete stock rom which i can use to unbrick the phone having a bootloop.
I have tried the one on Hovatek list of Tecno stock roms, but didn't work. The phone would power up but not leave the booting stage, displaying TECNO...

I wanted to perform the 'Format + Download' (I've tried the normal 'Download', didnt work ) action in SP Flashtool. But I couldn't because the flash files after extracting were not complete (i.e Secro, Data and Cache img files) in the Stock rom i downloaded from here, likewise the ones from other sources.

Don't know if yoy could help with a way to get outta this.
Thanks.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
01-06-2017, 08:59 AM
(31-05-2017, 06:52 PM)dpol Hi,
Please, I need tecno L3 complete stock rom which i can use to unbrick the phone having a bootloop.
I have tried the one on Hovatek list of Tecno stock roms, but didn't work. The phone would power up but not leave the booting stage, displaying TECNO...

I wanted to perform the 'Format + Download' (I've tried the normal 'Download', didnt work ) action in SP Flashtool. But I couldn't because the flash files after extracting were not complete (i.e Secro, Data and Cache img files) in the Stock rom i downloaded from here, likewise the ones from other sources.

Thanks.

Boot into recovery mode (vol up + power) and do a factory reset, also factory mode (vol down + power) and wipe emmc

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dpol
dpol
dpol
01-06-2017, 10:06 PM
(01-06-2017, 08:59 AM)hovatek
(31-05-2017, 06:52 PM)dpol Hi,

Thanks.

Boot into recovery mode (vol up + power) and do a factory reset, also factory mode (vol down + power) and wipe emmc

Thanks.
My phone vol buttons aren't functioning anymore. I was using gravity box tweak for vol up and down for call n media while d phone was stil alive.
Any other way out u think?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-06-2017, 10:16 AM
(01-06-2017, 10:06 PM)dpol Thanks.
My phone vol buttons aren't functioning anymore. I was using gravity box tweak for vol up and down for call n media while d phone was stil alive.
Any other way out u think?

You could get cache and userdata from another firmware but you'll likely still need to do a factory reset.
Consider fixing your volume buttons

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dpol
dpol
dpol
04-06-2017, 07:47 PM

I have been able to boot to factory mode. But it's not navigating down or up when m there. The soft keys n power button wud not work either. Kind of seized...
ALBA
ALBA
ALBA
05-06-2017, 06:17 AM
(04-06-2017, 07:47 PM)dpol I have been able to boot to factory mode. But it's not navigating down or up when m there. The soft keys n power button wud not work either. Kind of seized...

I suggest You repair the volume keys to be able to unbrick it
dpol
dpol
dpol
05-06-2017, 06:02 PM
(05-06-2017, 06:17 AM)ALBA
(04-06-2017, 07:47 PM)dpol I have been able to boot to factory mode. But it's not navigating down or up when m there. The soft keys n power button wud not work either. Kind of seized...

I suggest You repair the volume keys to be able to unbrick it

Yes, I've done dat. Iv repaired dem.
dpol
dpol
dpol
05-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Just that the keys seized whenever i was in factory or recocery modes. U knw no way i wud av been able to if they weren't working already
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-06-2017, 08:35 AM
(05-06-2017, 06:06 PM)dpol Just that the keys seized whenever i was in factory or recocery modes. U knw no way i wud av been able to if they weren't working already

Get the remaining 3 files from the firmware of an old model Tecno phone (like M3) then try reflashing

Note!
dpol
dpol
dpol
07-06-2017, 09:27 PM

(06-06-2017, 08:35 AM)hovatek
(05-06-2017, 06:06 PM)dpol Just that the keys seized whenever i was in factory or recocery modes. U knw no way i wud av been able to if they weren't working already

Get the remaining 3 files from the firmware of an old model Tecno phone (like M3) then try reflashing

Hovatek, thanks a lot... I'v been able to get it outta bootloop. Now works okei... God bless u big time.
U know, d phone actually thought it was time it retired, not knowing I was not yet done with it...?
Clocked 4 yrs last month... lol...
Dats jux d beginnin... till all d chips die! ?