Hovatek Forum MOBILE iOS [Please help] IPHONE 4S UPGRADE USING ITUNES
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] IPHONE 4S UPGRADE USING ITUNES

[Please help] IPHONE 4S UPGRADE USING ITUNES

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
02-06-2017, 06:13 PM

Please i tried to download the latest firmware update for my iphone 4s via the phone settings, i successfully downloaded it and it requested to reboot in order to complete the process, i affirmed to it. But after that, the phone refused coming up again, it only comes up and boots into the recovery mode, showing that itunes and usb cable image. So i connected it to my PC, my ITunes was able to recognize it but it was asking me to download the firmware update (version 9.3.5) for the phone and restore it in order for it to exit recovery.(Screenshot included in Post).. I followed the steps carefully, starting with updating my ITunes to the latest version first, then i downloaded the firmware file which was about 1.5gb. After downloading it, it requested to automatically start the upgrade process. The phone was still connected to the PC and its still in recovery mode, so the process started and was going smoothly at first, then towards the end, it displays an error message Huh Huh (the screenshot of the error message is also included as an attachment in this post).

Please help me out if there is anything you can do. Thank you.
Attached Files
.png
iphone ish.png
Size: 107.34 KB / Downloads: 11
.png
iphone error message.png
Size: 82.59 KB / Downloads: 11
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
02-06-2017, 09:00 PM
(02-06-2017, 06:13 PM)xsantos Please i tried to download the latest firmware update for my iphone 4s via the phone settings, i successfully downloaded it and it requested to reboot in order to complete the process, i affirmed to it. But after that, the phone refused coming up again, it only comes up and boots into the recovery mode, showing that itunes and usb cable image. So i connected it to my PC, my ITunes was able to recognize it but it was asking me to download the firmware update (version 9.3.5) for the phone and restore it in order for it to exit recovery.(Screenshot included in Post).. I followed the steps carefully, starting with updating my ITunes to the latest version first, then i downloaded the firmware file which was about 1.5gb. After downloading it, it requested to automatically start the upgrade process. The phone was still connected to the PC and its still in recovery mode, so the process started and was going smoothly at first, then towards the end, it displays an error message Huh Huh (the screenshot of the error message is also included as an attachment in this post).

Please help me out if there is anything you can do. Thank you.

How did you download the os (.ipsw) did you download through iTunes or PC Browser?

Note: When downloading .ipsw file and stopped then resume because of network problem, it corrupts the os (.ipsw file). (Both on browser or iTunes)
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
02-06-2017, 11:12 PM
i downloaded it via itunes... the download wasnt interrupted.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
03-06-2017, 12:36 PM
(02-06-2017, 11:12 PM)xsantos i downloaded it via itunes... the download wasnt interrupted.

Alright, download with browser, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17572.html
If persist, then backup your files and do complete Restore
This post was last modified: 03-06-2017, 12:37 PM by xerxes.
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
03-06-2017, 12:54 PM

how do i backup when it just boots into recovery mode?
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
03-06-2017, 12:56 PM
please give me the steps to do a complete backup. thanks.

then after downloading via my browser, how do i flash it to the phone??
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
03-06-2017, 01:14 PM
the download process shouldnt be interrupted for any reason right?
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
03-06-2017, 03:18 PM
(03-06-2017, 12:56 PM)xsantos please give me the steps to do a complete backup. thanks.

then after downloading via my browser, how do i flash it to the phone??

If the phone is bricked you'll need iMyFone D-Back to backup the phone.

Here's a guide to RESTORE the firmware after downloading, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-17574.html
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
03-06-2017, 03:51 PM
The phone doesnt boot up anymore, it just comes on and shows that recovery sign, is it bricked that way??

and i will need the link to download the iMyFone D-Back and how to use it as well.
xsantos
xsantos
xsantos
03-06-2017, 03:56 PM

and before this happened, the find my iphone feature was ON, now i cant get into the phone environment to turn it off because it cant boot anymore. and from that procedure u sent me, i will need it to be off before it can work. what do i do?
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next