Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to clear cache on an Android phone

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2014, 11:21 AM by hovatek. )

We'll discuss three methods of clearing cache on an Android device

Method 1: Manual method
1. Go to Settings
2. Click on Apps
3. Navigate to the All tab
4. Select the App whose cache you wish to clear
5. Click 'Clear Cache'

Method 2: Recovery method
1. Boot into recovery mode
2. Scroll down to 'Wipe cache partition' and select it
3. select 'Yes' to confirm

Method 3: 3rd party app method
Download any good third party cache clearer app (like 1Tap Cleaner or other cache cleaners ) and use it to clear cache

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2016, 04:58 AM by poleanderson. )
Thanks for sharing. Yeah, when we use apps or surf the internet, there will generate a lot of cache so as to help you loading the same data asap. However, these can also slow down your phone speed. So it's necessary to clear your phone data regularly. Secure Eraser by RecoveryAndroid will be a good choice for you. This is a professional tool especially for Android. You just need to clear cache on Android phone by click of mouse.
Copied from PaulC. *worked for me* People experiencing the "insufficient storage" bug cannot download any app regardless of how small it is and how squeaky clean they make their cache or card. For me the bug was in Google Play Store itself. I went to Settings u003d App Manager u003d Google Play Store and clicked "Uninstall Updates". Going to the Play Store the settings were reset to default so I had to quickly stop it from updating apps that I did not want updated but I was then able to download and install apps with no issues.

I have been battling this problem on a couple phones for weeks and this worked on both of them. I was at wits end until I saw this solution posted as a comment at XDA. There are a lot of other solutions posted that do not involve downloading apps that helped other people but this is the one that worked for me.