Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Infinix Note 3 hotspot not appearing in Wi-Fi network lists of Window 10
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Infinix Note 3 hotspot not appearing in Wi-Fi network lists of Window 10

[Please help] Infinix Note 3 hotspot not appearing in Wi-Fi network lists of Window 10

Agbeniga
Agbeniga
Agbeniga
09-06-2017, 06:35 AM

Few days ago I upgraded my laptop to win10 ,. Now my Infinix Note 3 hotspot wifi network is no longer appearing in my Win 10 Network list. (my NOte 3 is running Android 7.0).

I rebooted my Android and my laptop but still not working.

Anyone else have this problem? I did some google searching and searched this forum and didn't find anything.

My friend has another laptop with the same OS and his wifi network detect my phone.

And my laptop can also detect other hotspots but  not just my phone,

please help.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
09-06-2017, 03:37 PM
(09-06-2017, 06:35 AM)Agbeniga Few days ago I upgraded my laptop to win10 ,. Now my Infinix Note 3 hotspot wifi network is no longer appearing in my Win 10 Network list. (my NOte 3 is running Android 7.0).

Anyone else have this problem? I did some google searching and searched this forum and didn't find anything.

My friend has another laptop with the same OS and his wifi network detect my phone.

please help.

Try creating another user account and search for the wifi.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
09-06-2017, 06:54 PM
(09-06-2017, 06:35 AM)Agbeniga Few days ago I upgraded my laptop to win10 ,. Now my Infinix Note 3 hotspot wifi network is no longer appearing in my Win 10 Network list. (my NOte 3 is running Android 7.0).

please help.

if a second PC still cant detect the Hotspot, then the problem is likely from the phone.
try 
* changing the Hotspot name
* factory resetting the device
also check if the Hotspot properly turns on or it goes off immediately you turn it on
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-06-2017, 09:24 PM

please help.

Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Manage Wi-Fi Settings > Manage known networks
check if your Hotspot is listed there

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Agbeniga
Agbeniga
Agbeniga
11-06-2017, 08:36 AM

(09-06-2017, 03:37 PM)innagee

please help.

Try creating another user account and search for the wifi.

i ahve tried that , no luck
Agbeniga
Agbeniga
Agbeniga
11-06-2017, 08:39 AM
(09-06-2017, 06:54 PM)freshtyt

please help.

if a second PC still cant detect the Hotspot, then the problem is likely from the phone.
try 
also check if the Hotspot properly turns on or it goes off immediately you turn it on

done that several times  but wat i noticed is if i downgrade back to Android 6.0 , my PC will detect it fine but back to 7.0 , it will not .

i really want to be using 7.0 , i dont know if anybody is having the same problem.

and it worked fine before i upgraded my PC to WIN10
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-06-2017, 11:33 AM
(11-06-2017, 08:39 AM)Agbeniga done that several times  but wat i noticed is if i downgrade back to Android 6.0 , my PC will detect it fine but back to 7.0 , it will not .

i really want to be using 7.0 , i dont know if anybody is having the same problem.

Create a new user on your PC and login. Check if the issue persists in the new user account
This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 11:34 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
gmy2k
gmy2k
gmy2k
20-06-2017, 03:38 PM
(11-06-2017, 08:39 AM)Agbeniga
(09-06-2017, 06:54 PM)freshtyt

please help.

try 

done that several times  but wat i noticed is if i downgrade back to Android 6.0 , my PC will detect it fine but back to 7.0 , it will not .

This is exactly the same problem i am having. It started after i upgraded to Android 7.0. My hotspot no longer shows in list of wireless on my Windows 7 (A few times it shows i.e 1 of 20 attempts). I thought it was issues with my Windows OS so i had to format my laptop but still same. A few times it shows on other android devices but rare.

I really need a solution to this as i dont want to downgrade to Android 6.0
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-06-2017, 06:37 PM
(20-06-2017, 03:38 PM)gmy2k This is exactly the same problem i am having. It started after i upgraded to Android 7.0. My hotspot no longer shows in list of wireless on my Windows 7 (A few times it shows i.e 1 of 20 attempts). I thought it was issues with my Windows OS so i had to format my laptop but still same. A few times it shows on other android devices but rare.

I really need a solution to this as i dont want to downgrade to Android 6.0

Please, create a new thread, this is someone else's support thread
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!