Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] bricked tecno r7
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] bricked tecno r7

[Please help] bricked tecno r7

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
sornday
sornday
sornday
Enthusiastic Member
14-03-2015, 04:41 AM

Hello,
I was trying to install fonts on my tecno R7 and during the reboot, the phone got stuck on the tecno logo screen. i tried the factory wipe/data reset but it didnt solve the issue.
I need help wit it pls.
USB debugging is off b4 d crash
phone is rooted
TECNO R7.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-03-2015, 02:49 PM
(14-03-2015, 04:41 AM)sornday Hello,
I was trying to install fonts on my tecno R7 and during the reboot, the phone got stuck on the tecno logo screen. i tried the factory wipe/data reset but it didnt solve the issue.
I need help wit it pls.
phone is rooted
TECNO R7.

you need to flash the stock system.img . supply a gmail address so you can download the r7 stock ROM

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sornday
sornday
sornday
Enthusiastic Member
16-03-2015, 04:56 AM
(14-03-2015, 02:49 PM)hovatek
(14-03-2015, 04:41 AM)sornday Hello,
I need help wit it pls.
phone is rooted
TECNO R7.

you need to flash the stock system.img . supply a gmail address so you can download the r7 stock ROM

sornday@gmail.com
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-03-2015, 11:51 AM
(16-03-2015, 04:56 AM)sornday sornday@gmail.com

granted! download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-311.html and flash system.img (Android) using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
sornday
sornday
sornday
Enthusiastic Member
04-04-2015, 11:50 AM

Hello,
I am having difficulty downloading d system.img, cos of its size and cos of ntwrk due to my location.

But before my phone got bricked, I did a cwm full system backup of my phone and I think thr is a system image in dat backup.

Pls is thr a way I can use dat system image of d cwm backup I hv?

I work in a very remote area, so I hv limited access to internet, hence d delay in getting back to u
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-04-2015, 02:41 PM
(04-04-2015, 11:50 AM)sornday Hello,
I am having difficulty downloading d system.img, cos of its size and cos of ntwrk due to my location.

But before my phone got bricked, I did a cwm full system backup of my phone and I think thr is a system image in dat backup.

Pls is thr a way I can use dat system image of d cwm backup I hv?

I work in a very remote area, so I hv limited access to internet, hence d delay in getting back to u

you should've mentioned that earlier. just boot into cwm recovery > backup and restore > restore > select the cwm backup > yes > wait till it finishes > reboot

Note!
sornday
sornday
sornday
Enthusiastic Member
04-04-2015, 08:45 PM
I can't boot into cwm recovery anymore. I tried to boot into cwm recovery and it didn't. I only ended up wit default android tecno recovery
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
04-04-2015, 09:03 PM
(04-04-2015, 08:45 PM)sornday I can't boot into cwm recovery anymore. I tried to boot into cwm recovery and it didn't. I only ended up wit default android tecno recovery

flash cwm recovery to the phone using this guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-455.html

Note!
sornday
sornday
sornday
Enthusiastic Member
04-04-2015, 11:17 PM
I hv tried it, but it seems my usb debugging is off b4 d brick. Hence I am unable to install d pdanet.
Thanks for d assistance so far.
sornday
sornday
sornday
Enthusiastic Member
05-04-2015, 08:53 AM

Thanks...
U rock...
My Tecno R7 is up again...
With a lot of help frm dis forum and detailed guide frm some threads, somehow, I was able to find my way out.
Now my R7 is unbricked, and my data restored to d time of d backup I did.
I really appreciate all d guide and assistance.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next