Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android TWRP Or CWM for Mobicel Plum
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

TWRP Or CWM for Mobicel Plum

TWRP Or CWM for Mobicel Plum

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
mikrotik
mikrotik
mikrotik
Enthusiastic Member
12-06-2017, 01:00 PM

I'm requesting a TWRP OR CWM to be ported for my Mobicel Plum running 6.0. Further details about the device will come from the screenshots.

The stock recovery, boot and scatter file can be downloaded from here http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/1/view/...otScat.zip

[Image: Screenshot_20170611-142440.png]
[Image: Screenshot_20170611-142406.png]
[Image: Screenshot_20170611-142349.png]

[Image: Screenshot_20170611-142335.png]
This post was last modified: 12-06-2017, 01:07 PM by mikrotik. Edit Reason: I forgot the downloading link for the stock recovery
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-06-2017, 04:45 PM
(12-06-2017, 01:00 PM)mikrotik I'm requesting a TWRP OR CWM to be ported for my Mobicel Plum running 6.0. Further details about the device will come from the screenshots.

The stock recovery, boot and scatter file can be downloaded from here http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/1/view/...otScat.zip

i take it you are trying to root the device.
Try this CWM @ https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4S-Z7...VRKbTZkZTA
Follow the rooting guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16629.html but use your CWM
Upload a screenshot of root confirmation using root checker @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...heck&hl=en
This post was last modified: 13-06-2017, 10:10 AM by hovatek.
mikrotik
mikrotik
mikrotik
Enthusiastic Member
14-06-2017, 07:00 PM
I apologize for replying late,i have no PC so i have to wait for my cousin to finish whatever he's doing whenever i want to use it.

I flashed the recovery via fastboot and adb, thereafter it came to a point where it said "root not found,do you want to root?" And provided me with two choices that are yes and no, i chose yes,then booted to the recovery only to find out that it still had the stock recovery.

The recovery is still the stock one. I'd love the recovery i uploaded to be ported to TWRP since CWM didn't work.

Thanks.
mikrotik
mikrotik
mikrotik
Enthusiastic Member
15-06-2017, 01:23 AM
Okay let me be honest, i was overwhelmed when i saw your reply containing a link of my ported CWM,therefore i didn't even notice that i should follow the guide of rooting the Gionee M5 mini on the given link

So i jumped and downloaded the ported CWM and used fastboot and adb shell,so I guess that's why after flashing i still saw the stock recovery.

So before following the said procedure i need to know the following:-

1. The said procedure (Gionee M5 mini), You gave the poster a ported CWM, preloader, and a Scatter file

2. You gave me only the ported CWM, and a Scatter file, WITHOUT the Preloader, so I'm confused that the folder containing my ported CWM does not contain a preloader(maybe it's because i never dumped it in the first place) so i won't replace any previously available preloader on my ported CWM folder with the one taken from my ROM dump

3. So should have i uploaded my preloader with my stock recovery in the first place before you ported it?

The following is what i should do
==========================
a) Dump my preloader so that i will paste it into the folder containing my ported CWM, right?

b) Flash both the preloader and the ported CWM while they are with the Scatter file contained in the CWM folder you gave me(NOT THE ONE THAT CAME AFTER DUMPING THE PRELOADER). Right?

c)Boot into recovery and flash supersu zip,right?

Wanna be sure, before doing such challenging task
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-06-2017, 01:37 AM

(15-06-2017, 01:23 AM)mikrotik Okay let me be honest, i was overwhelmed when i saw your reply containing a link of my ported CWM,therefore i didn't even notice that i should follow the guide of rooting the Gionee M5 mini on the given link

So i jumped and downloaded the ported CWM and used fastboot and adb shell,so I guess that's why after flashing i still saw the stock recovery.

So before following the said procedure i need to know the following:-

1. The said procedure (Gionee M5 mini), You gave the poster a ported CWM, preloader, and a Scatter file

2. You gave me only the ported CWM, and a Scatter file, WITHOUT the Preloader, so I'm confused that the folder containing my ported CWM does not contain a preloader(maybe it's because i never dumped it in the first place) so i won't replace any previously available preloader on my ported CWM folder with the one taken from my ROM dump

3. So should have i uploaded my preloader with my stock recovery in the first place before you ported it?

The following is what i should do
==========================
a) Dump my preloader so that i will paste it into the folder containing my ported CWM, right?

b) Flash both the preloader and the ported CWM while they are with the Scatter file contained in the CWM folder you gave me(NOT THE ONE THAT CAME AFTER DUMPING THE PRELOADER). Right?

c)Boot into recovery and flash supersu zip,right?

Wanna be sure, before doing such challenging task

3.) there's no need of uploading your preloader. 

a) yes

b) yes

c) yes
mikrotik
mikrotik
mikrotik
Enthusiastic Member
16-06-2017, 05:17 PM
I did backup my preloader, copied it to the folder of the cwm you ported, loaded the scatter in that same folder and when I'm flashing, only the recovery that was visible to be flashed. The preloader that I had just dumped and pasted to the said folder didn't show up. So I flashed the recovery, and when I booted to recovery I found it to be still stock. Would you try porting it again?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-06-2017, 08:28 PM
(16-06-2017, 05:17 PM)mikrotik I did backup my preloader, copied it to the folder of the cwm you ported, loaded the scatter in that same folder and when I'm flashing, only the recovery that was visible to be flashed. The preloader that I had just dumped and pasted to the said folder didn't show up. So I flashed the recovery, and when I booted to recovery I found it to be still stock. Would you try porting it again?

Use the scatter file and preloader from your backup.
Also, flash the recovery 3 consecutive times before trying to boot into recovery

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mikrotik
mikrotik
mikrotik
Enthusiastic Member
17-06-2017, 02:17 AM
Must I delete/ or replace the existing scatter file in the cwm folder with the one coming from my preloader dump?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-06-2017, 10:05 AM
(17-06-2017, 02:17 AM)mikrotik Must I delete/ or replace the existing scatter file in the cwm folder with the one coming from my preloader dump?

Yes, replace the scatter file that comes with the CWM zip with your own from the dump + preloader.bin

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
mikrotik
mikrotik
mikrotik
Enthusiastic Member
17-06-2017, 04:47 PM

When I replace it I only see the preloader as a flashable block, the recovery is not visible to be flashed
Pages (2): 1 2 Next