Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] MY INFINIX NOTE 3 X601 ALWAYS BOOT TO RECOVERY
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] MY INFINIX NOTE 3 X601 ALWAYS BOOT TO RECOVERY

[Please help] MY INFINIX NOTE 3 X601 ALWAYS BOOT TO RECOVERY

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
degreatone
degreatone
degreatone
Enthusiastic Member
17-06-2017, 09:21 AM

I HAVE A PECULIAR PROBLEM! I have an Infinix Note 3 X601, updated to Android N, Rooted and Philz Touch 6. 59, 0 custom recovery installed. Problem began when I tried to factory reset it from within the settings, the phone rebooted to recovery to wipe the data, and since then it wont boot to system again, whenever i try to boot it to system, it will go to recovery. if i connect it to pc, the pc wont recognise it, the pc will show a message that the USB device is not recodnisd, and the phone will boot to recovery again.
i tried to reflash the stock firmware using sp flashtool and it always fails as the system will not recognise the phone, even though i have the required mtk drivers installed.
i tried to flash this https://androidhq254.blogspot.com.ng...te-3-x601.html and http://bbs.infinixmobility.com/thread-149453-3-1.html custom roms using the custom recovery, they all fail mid way.

i will appreciate any help i can get in reviving this phone. thanks in advance
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-06-2017, 10:26 AM
(17-06-2017, 09:21 AM)degreatone I HAVE A PECULIAR PROBLEM! I have an Infinix Note 3 X601, updated to Android N, Rooted and Philz Touch 6. 59, 0 custom recovery installed. Problem began when I tried to factory reset it from within the settings, the phone rebooted to recovery to wipe the data, and since then it wont boot to system again, whenever i try to boot it to system, it will go to recovery. if i connect it to pc, the pc wont recognise it, the pc will show a message that the USB device is not recodnisd, and the phone will boot to recovery again.
i tried to reflash the stock firmware using sp flashtool and it always fails as the system will not recognise the phone, even though i have the required mtk drivers installed.
i tried to flash this https://androidhq254.blogspot.com.ng...te-3-x601.html and http://bbs.infinixmobility.com/thread-149453-3-1.html custom roms using the custom recovery, they all fail mid way.

Must be a problem mounting your /system.
Power off the phone for 15 minutes then attempt booting up normally
BTW, what made you decide to do a Factory Reset in the first place?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
degreatone
degreatone
degreatone
Enthusiastic Member
17-06-2017, 03:42 PM
(17-06-2017, 10:26 AM)hovatek
(17-06-2017, 09:21 AM)degreatone I HAVE A PECULIAR PROBLEM! I have an Infinix Note 3 X601, updated to Android N, Rooted and Philz Touch 6. 59, 0 custom recovery installed. Problem began when I tried to factory reset it from within the settings, the phone rebooted to recovery to wipe the data, and since then it wont boot to system again, whenever i try to boot it to system, it will go to recovery. if i connect it to pc, the pc wont recognise it, the pc will show a message that the USB device is not recodnisd, and the phone will boot to recovery again.

yes i too believe it has to do with mounting system partition, when i try flashing custom rom via recovery it shows error with info regarding that.
Fast charging sopped after i upgraded to Android N, thats why i did factory reset. 

i left it over night, even this morning when i on it, it booted to recovery. Any idea on how i can fix it pls?
ALBA
ALBA
ALBA
17-06-2017, 09:57 PM
(17-06-2017, 03:42 PM)degreatone
(17-06-2017, 10:26 AM)hovatek

yes i too believe it has to do with mounting system partition, when i try flashing custom rom via recovery it shows error with info regarding that.
Fast charging sopped after i upgraded to Android N, thats why i did factory reset. 

i left it over night, even this morning when i on it, it booted to recovery. Any idea on how i can fix it pls?
Try flashing it using different pc and different USB cable.
degreatone
degreatone
degreatone
Enthusiastic Member
18-06-2017, 04:08 AM

I have tried that already, same result. the problem is, immediately i connect the phone the pc will show a message that the usb device is not recognised and the phone will boot to recovery. i even tried re-installing the mtk drivers
degreatone
degreatone
degreatone
Enthusiastic Member
18-06-2017, 02:05 PM
(18-06-2017, 04:08 AM)degreatone I have tried that already, same result. the problem is, immediately i connect the phone the pc will show a message that the usb device is not recognised and the phone will boot to recovery. i even tried re-installing the mtk drivers
when i try to flash a rom through recovery it shows: 

mount system partition

mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/mtk-mdc.0/11230000.mdc.0/by-name/system at /system: no such file or directory

unmount system partition
unmount of /system failed: no such volume

format system partition
E:Error in /storage/sdcard/........
(status0)
installation aborted

what do you make of this pls?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-06-2017, 09:38 PM
(18-06-2017, 02:05 PM)degreatone when i try to flash a rom through recovery it shows: 

mount system partition

mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/mtk-mdc.0/11230000.mdc.0/by-name/system at /system: no such file or directory

unmount system partition

format system partition
(status0)
installation aborted

Can you get access to a working X601? Thinking you try Miracle Box
BTW, did you try using firmware upgrade in SP Flash tool
This post was last modified: 18-06-2017, 09:39 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
degreatone
degreatone
degreatone
Enthusiastic Member
19-06-2017, 04:29 PM
(18-06-2017, 09:38 PM)hovatek
(18-06-2017, 02:05 PM)degreatone when i try to flash a rom through recovery it shows: 

mount system partition

unmount system partition

format system partition
(status0)
installation aborted

Can you get access to a working X601? Thinking you try Miracle Box
BTW, did you try using firmware upgrade in SP Flash tool
Yes i have access to a working Note 3, are you suggesting i make a nandroid backup and restore it on mine?

I have tried firmware upgrade, the problem is doesnt recognise the phone when connected, so sp flashtool wont detect it
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-06-2017, 08:14 PM
(19-06-2017, 04:29 PM)degreatone Yes i have access to a working Note 3, are you suggesting i make a nandroid backup and restore it on mine?

I have tried firmware upgrade, the problem is doesnt recognise the phone when connected, so sp flashtool wont detect it

Backup the working X601 in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
The USB recognized issue could be one of 3 things
1. USB port, Cord or PC port issue (try another cord and PC)
2. Driver issue (Power off then connect to PC while holding Volume up or down button)
3. Emmc chip issue (has to be changed)

Note!
degreatone
degreatone
degreatone
Enthusiastic Member
21-06-2017, 09:51 AM

(19-06-2017, 08:14 PM)hovatek
(19-06-2017, 04:29 PM)degreatone Yes i have access to a working Note 3, are you suggesting i make a nandroid backup and restore it on mine?

Backup the working X601 in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
The USB recognized issue could be one of 3 things
1. USB port, Cord or PC port issue (try another cord and PC)
2. Driver issue (Power off then connect to PC while holding Volume up or down button)
3. Emmc chip issue (has to be changed)

thanks for the help boss

1. Had to try 3 different usb cods, infact, i used to flash another note 3 this morning
2. I dont suspect driver issue since another infinix note can connect fine
3. Yes could be the chip issue, the thing i dont know how or where to change it

Another thing, i strongly suspect the problem has to do with that Philz recovery you ported, i flashed it to another Note 3 and tried to make a nandroid backup and i noticed data partion can not be mounted. look into that pls

By the way, is it possible to make a flashable recovery from the stock recovery so that i flash it with existing custom recovery?
This post was last modified: 21-06-2017, 11:33 AM by degreatone.
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next