Hi, Guest! Login / Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tecno M7 SP Flash Tools Brom Error 0x8

Hello I am trying to flash a dead tecno m7 and I get that above error on sp flash tool (wiselink also).

The phone got dead after a previous flashing process got stuck at 50%. The phone is still being detected by pc.

I looked the issue up on Hovatek forum and I got this as fix:

Error 0x8

Meaning: The size of a file is larger than the available / possible partition size

Solution:
* Ensure that the file(s) you're trying to flash are actually for your exact phone model
* Try another stock ROM
* Change the phone's emmc chip
* Try using a different PC.

I downloaded the stock ROM (backup) on Hovatek forum (variant 2) and flashed with it and I got that Error. I tried downloading the other ROM (variant 1) but the link is bad.

I also downloaded m7 ROM from other sites and also got the same error.

Please any idea how to go about it?

Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using Hovatek mobile

(06-17-2017, 10:54 AM)erhiskobi Wrote: Hello I am trying to flash a dead tecno m7 and I get that above error on sp flash tool (wiselink also).

The phone got dead after a previous flashing process got stuck at 50%. The phone is still being detected by pc.

Error 0x8

Meaning:  The size of a file is larger than the available / possible partition size

Solution:
* Ensure that the file(s) you're trying to flash are actually for your exact phone model
* Try another stock ROM

I downloaded the stock ROM (backup) on Hovatek forum (variant 2) and flashed with it and I got that Error. I tried downloading the other ROM (variant 1) but the link is bad.

what mode did you use?
Download only
Firmware Upgrade
Format all and Download
?
?
(06-17-2017, 11:02 AM)Degereji Wrote:
(06-17-2017, 10:54 AM)erhiskobi Wrote: Hello I am trying to flash a dead tecno m7 and I get that above error on sp flash tool (wiselink also).

Error 0x8

Meaning:  The size of a file is larger than the available / possible partition size

Solution:
* Try another stock ROM

what mode did you use?
Download only
Firmware Upgrade
Format all and Download
?
?

Download only

Error 0x8

Solution:
* Try another stock ROM

Both variant 1 and 2 links are working good. Recheck.
Also, for flashing interrupted see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-808.html
(06-17-2017, 01:39 PM)innagee Wrote:

Error 0x8

Solution:
* Try another stock ROM

Both variant 1 and 2 links are working good. Recheck.
Also, for flashing interrupted see https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-808.html

With due respect, the variant 1 link to tecno M7 ain't working. Maybe it's cos it's mobile. But that's how I've been downloading Roms from Hovatek forum. That was how I downloaded the variant 2 ROM.. Maybe I'll use another browser or something.
Thanks for the other suggestion too

(06-17-2017, 11:11 AM)erhiskobi Wrote:

Error 0x8

Solution:
* Try another stock ROM

what mode did you use?
Download only
Firmware Upgrade
Format all and Download
?
?

Download only

try flash the other variant after downloading it....if it also shows same error you should try "format all and download" option
Goodluck!
(06-17-2017, 03:11 PM)Degereji Wrote:

Error 0x8

Solution:
* Try another stock ROM

what mode did you use?
Download only
Firmware Upgrade
Format all and Download
?
?

Download only

try flash the other variant after downloading it....if it also shows same error you should try "format all and download" option
Goodluck!

The link to variant 1 is broken. Plus I've used format + download all. Didn't work either

Error 0x8

Meaning: The size of a file is larger than the available / possible partition size

Solution:
* Try another stock ROM

Are you using the correct scatter file?

(06-17-2017, 05:35 PM)erhiskobi Wrote:
(06-17-2017, 03:11 PM)Degereji Wrote:

Error 0x8

Solution:
* Try another stock ROM

what mode did you use?
Download only
Firmware Upgrade
Format all and Download
?
?

Download only

Goodluck!

The link to variant 1 is broken. Plus I've used format + download all. Didn't work either

give a detailed information of your device please...so I'll help you find its OS somewhere hopefully...
Try this stock Tecno M7 ROM:

(Affliation link to support me Rolleyes ) http://linkshrink.net/78AYkH
Direct link (No support  Sad ) http://is.gd/TecnoM7ROM