Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows HP Compaq Presario CQ61 Display Problem
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

HP Compaq Presario CQ61 Display Problem

HP Compaq Presario CQ61 Display Problem

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
17-06-2017, 05:53 PM

Hello, just this afternoon my laptop screen goes blank at random. The screen will just black out while the pc is still running. All attempts to get it back on fails except I force it to shut down or sleep using the power button.

I've done a system restore nothing happened. Don't know what to do.

Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using Hovatek mobile
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
18-06-2017, 04:36 PM
(17-06-2017, 05:53 PM)erhiskobi Hello, just this afternoon my laptop screen goes blank at random. The screen will just black out while the pc is still running. All attempts to get it back on fails except I force it to shut down or sleep using the power button.

You'll then need to re install windows.

BTW, what's your Hard Disk size and what is the free space you have?

Sent from my Z10 using Hovatek mobile
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-06-2017, 09:48 PM
(17-06-2017, 05:53 PM)erhiskobi Hello, just this afternoon my laptop screen goes blank at random. The screen will just black out while the pc is still running. All attempts to get it back on fails except I force it to shut down or sleep using the power button.

Boot the PC into Safe Mode and observe if this persists

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
18-06-2017, 11:44 PM
(18-06-2017, 04:36 PM)innagee [quote="erhiskobi" pid='110511' dateline='1497718402']
Hello, just this afternoon my laptop screen goes blank at random. The screen will just black out while the pc is still running. All attempts to get it back on fails except I force it to shut down or sleep using the power button.

500HHD and I have about 100GB free.

When connected to an external display like flat screen, it displays on the tv even when it has gone blank on pc. Do you still think re installing windows would fix this? Besides I'm not sure it will even stay on for me to be able to complete the installation. I had to just leave it when doing the System Restore even when it went black cos I know it's running. After a long time I had to put it off and on before seeing the notification that the System Restore has been completed. That won't work for windows installation cos I'd need to monitor it and when the screen goes black there's no way I would be able to do that.

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
18-06-2017, 11:45 PM

(18-06-2017, 09:48 PM)hovatek

Ok will do and get back to you.

xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
19-06-2017, 01:21 AM
(18-06-2017, 11:44 PM)erhiskobi
(18-06-2017, 04:36 PM)innagee

When connected to an external display like flat screen, it displays on the tv even when it has gone blank on pc. Do you still think re installing windows would fix this? Besides I'm not sure it will even stay on for me to be able to complete the installation. I had to just leave it when doing the System Restore even when it went black cos I know it's running. After a long time I had to put it off and on before seeing the notification that the System Restore has been completed. That won't work for windows installation cos I'd need to monitor it and when the screen goes black there's no way I would be able to do that.

I'm sure it's from the Graphic Card, you'll need to heat it, I remember it once happened with me.
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
19-06-2017, 12:11 PM

I did as you suggested (booted into Safe Mode) and observed it. It ended up with the same issue.

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
19-06-2017, 12:12 PM
(19-06-2017, 01:21 AM)innagee
(18-06-2017, 11:44 PM)erhiskobi
(18-06-2017, 04:36 PM)innagee

I'm sure it's from the Graphic Card, you'll need to heat it, I remember it once happened with me.

Heating up the Graphic Card solved yours? The problem here is that I don't even know how to go about that. Seems it's hardware yeah?

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
19-06-2017, 12:16 PM

A few other things I'd love to point out:
1. When connected to an external display, pc displays well on it even when the laptop screen has gone blank.
2. When on battery power, it seems it doesn't occur although I'm not yet sure about this cos my battery power doesn't give me much time to draw such conclusions however when running on battery, the issue doesn't occur for the duration the battery lasts (30-50mins) unlike within 5-10mins occurrence when plugged in.

maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
19-06-2017, 07:04 PM

(19-06-2017, 12:16 PM)erhiskobi A few other things I'd love to point out:
1. When connected to an external display, pc displays well on it even when the laptop screen has gone blank.
2. When on battery power, it seems it doesn't occur although I'm not yet sure about this cos my battery power doesn't give me much time to draw such conclusions however when running on battery, the issue doesn't occur for the duration the battery lasts (30-50mins) unlike within 5-10mins occurrence when plugged in.

Sounds to me like a GPU problem but it just might be a power configuration error.
When on battery, which power profile is the PC set to? Try changing to that power profile once charger is plugged in. You could also try changing power profile to High Performance when plugged to power. Try the two variations I've mentioned above

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Forum
Pages (2): 1 2 Next