Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows HP Compaq Presario CQ61 Display Problem
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

HP Compaq Presario CQ61 Display Problem

HP Compaq Presario CQ61 Display Problem

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
19-06-2017, 07:31 PM

(19-06-2017, 07:04 PM)maxpayne
(19-06-2017, 12:16 PM)erhiskobi A few other things I'd love to point out:
1. When connected to an external display, pc displays well on it even when the laptop screen has gone blank.
2. When on battery power, it seems it doesn't occur although I'm not yet sure about this cos my battery power doesn't give me much time to draw such conclusions however when running on battery, the issue doesn't occur for the duration the battery lasts (30-50mins) unlike within 5-10mins occurrence when plugged in.

Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using Hovatek mobile

Sounds to me like a GPU problem but it just might be a power configuration error.
When on battery, which power profile is the PC set to? Try changing to that power profile once charger is plugged in. You could also try changing power profile to High Performance when plugged to power. Try the two variations I've mentioned above

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Forum

I use the same power settings for both battery and plugged in. When the screen goes black you can still see the pc is active. Like when I right click, I can see the options for refresh and others or maybe if I opened a folder before the screen went blank I can still see the opened folder if I look closely. Besides that, if I leave it like that for a long time I can get the screen back on just by touching the keyboard which won't be possible immediately it goes off. I'm yet to figure out the exact time it takes before I'll be able to get the screen back on.
I've been trying to figure it out tho.

Also, if the laptop is connected to an external display e.g tv, even when the screen has gone off, it still displays on the tv.

The high performance option didn't work either.

maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
20-06-2017, 10:31 AM
(19-06-2017, 07:31 PM)erhiskobi I use the same power settings for both battery and plugged in. When the screen goes black you can still see the pc is active. Like when I right click, I can see the options for refresh and others or maybe if I opened a folder before the screen went blank I can still see the opened folder if I look closely. Besides that, if I leave it like that for a long time I can get the screen back on just by touching the keyboard which won't be possible immediately it goes off. I'm yet to figure out the exact time it takes before I'll be able to get the screen back on.

Does the screen come back up immediately you unplug the power pack

erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
20-06-2017, 05:18 PM
(20-06-2017, 10:31 AM)maxpayne
(19-06-2017, 07:31 PM)erhiskobi I use the same power settings for both battery and plugged in. When the screen goes black you can still see the pc is active. Like when I right click, I can see the options for refresh and others or maybe if I opened a folder before the screen went blank I can still see the opened folder if I look closely. Besides that, if I leave it like that for a long time I can get the screen back on just by touching the keyboard which won't be possible immediately it goes off. I'm yet to figure out the exact time it takes before I'll be able to get the screen back on.

Does the screen come back up immediately you unplug the power pack

Nope. It only comes back up if I plug or unplug a VGA or HDMI cable.

maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
20-06-2017, 07:06 PM
(20-06-2017, 05:18 PM)erhiskobi Nope. It only comes back up if I plug or unplug a VGA or HDMI cable.

I forgot to ask.
Is it a Windows 10 PC
Try this
Immediately you connect to Power pack and the screen dims, press your brightness increase button on the keyboard (Fn + F10)
See if this makes the screen to display immediately.
I think this is a GPU driver problem or clash
Another thing you can try is to check your 'When Plugged In' power setting. Set brightness to the Lowest (drag it to the extreme left) then save

This post was last modified: 20-06-2017, 07:18 PM by maxpayne.
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
21-06-2017, 03:12 PM

(20-06-2017, 07:06 PM)maxpayne
(20-06-2017, 05:18 PM)erhiskobi Nope. It only comes back up if I plug or unplug a VGA or HDMI cable.

I forgot to ask.
Is it a Windows 10 PC
Try this
Immediately you connect to Power pack and the screen dims, press your brightness increase button on the keyboard (Fn + F10)
See if this makes the screen to display immediately.
I think this is a GPU driver problem or clash
Another thing you can try is to check your 'When Plugged In' power setting. Set brightness to the Lowest (drag it to the extreme left) then save

It's a Windows 8.1 Pro

Tried those suggestions, nothing happened.
However, one technician I met too said something about light switch or so. He said it's just at the bottom of the screen. It's that a possibility too?

maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
21-06-2017, 07:43 PM
(21-06-2017, 03:12 PM)erhiskobi It's a Windows 8.1 Pro

Tried those suggestions, nothing happened.
However, one technician I met too said something about light switch or so. He said it's just at the bottom of the screen. It's that a possibility too?

This very issue is common on Windows 10 but as its an 8.1, we can't rule out the other person's theory, or maybe GPU as @innagee earlier suggested

hackyft
hackyft
hackyft
21-06-2017, 10:24 PM
as said b4 most probably its GPU. u can try other option like
* resetting the pc just remove battery press power button for 30 sec. and insert battery charge for a while the power on the pc
* also check RAM. . .just remove 1 ram at a time
* ** LCD cable on mother bord may b loosen
* reconnect HDD
* also heat sinker and fun problems
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
erhiskobi
28-07-2017, 11:10 PM
(21-06-2017, 10:24 PM)hackyft as said b4 most probably its GPU. u can try other option like
* resetting the pc just remove battery press power button for 30 sec. and insert battery charge for a while the power on the pc
* reconnect HDD

Thanks.

hackyft
hackyft
hackyft
29-07-2017, 09:05 PM
(28-07-2017, 11:10 PM)erhiskobi
(21-06-2017, 10:24 PM)hackyft as said b4 most probably its GPU. u can try other option like
* reconnect HDD

Thanks.

glad u got the pc going ok
Pages (2): Previous 1 2