Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Can not flash Asus Zenfone 2 (Moorefield)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Can not flash Asus Zenfone 2 (Moorefield)

Can not flash Asus Zenfone 2 (Moorefield)

hellbraker
hellbraker
hellbraker
23-06-2017, 08:59 AM

Hi, I'am unable to boot up my device. It was giving dual vibrations all the time but now it seems dead.
I have installed IntelSOC drivers, Intel Android drivers and the tools for flashing which are xFSTK and Manufacturing Flast Tool (MFT).

Before: 
when I used to connect via USB, I would get Moorefield under Intel SoC USB Driver in Device Manager. But it disappears as soon as it appears. xFSTK detects the device but would stall each time it reaches the last step (Firmware download completed. Continuing to OS) after which it attempts to connect. As per XDA it was instructed to change GP value to 0x80000807 and to use the following files:
FW DnX: dnx_fwr.bin
IFWI: ifwi.bin
OS Image: droidboot_dnx.img.POS_sign.bin

Now:
Moorefield stays significantly much longer in Device Manager, however xFSTK can not detect it. If it detects, it would stall as above. 

MFT asks for firmware files, which I dont know from where. I have downloaded the latest FW from Asus though, but can't find the flash_userdebug file

Is there anyway to boot this up?

Thanks
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
23-06-2017, 02:04 PM
(23-06-2017, 08:59 AM)hellbraker Hi, I'am unable to boot up my device. It was giving dual vibrations all the time but now it seems dead.
I have installed IntelSOC drivers, Intel Android drivers and the tools for flashing which are xFSTK and Manufacturing Flast Tool (MFT).

Before: 
when I used to connect via USB, I would get Moorefield under Intel SoC USB Driver in Device Manager. But it disappears as soon as it appears. xFSTK detects the device but would stall each time it reaches the last step (Firmware download completed. Continuing to OS) after which it attempts to connect. As per XDA it was instructed to change GP value to 0x80000807 and to use the following files:
FW DnX: dnx_fwr.bin
IFWI: ifwi.bin
OS Image: droidboot_dnx.img.POS_sign.bin

Now:
Moorefield stays significantly much longer in Device Manager, however xFSTK can not detect it. If it detects, it would stall as above. 

MFT asks for firmware files, which I dont know from where. I have downloaded the latest FW from Asus though, but can't find the flash_userdebug file

Is there anyway to boot this up?

Thanks

You cannot use Manufacturing Flash Tool till the phone can enter fastboot / DNX Mode. If it remains dead or can't enter fastboot then stick to xFSTK
upload a screenshot or video clip showing the flashing process or where it fails

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek Forum