Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] TECNO D5 firmware on Hovatek not selecting ANDROID on SP Flash tool
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] TECNO D5 firmware on Hovatek not selecting ANDROID on SP Flash tool

[Please help] TECNO D5 firmware on Hovatek not selecting ANDROID on SP Flash tool

leonard002
leonard002
leonard002
24-06-2017, 07:11 AM

Please, I tried flashing a tecno D5 phone with the firmware on this forum, but the Android ie, system.img is not selected on SP flash tools. When you try selecting it, it gives an error.

I downloaded the first variant of D5, which is the correct variant for my device. I had to download it twice to be sure it wasn't a download error.

Is there anything I'm missing? Someone should please check this out for me.
This post was last modified: 24-06-2017, 07:23 AM by leonard002.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-06-2017, 09:29 AM
(24-06-2017, 07:11 AM)leonard002 Please, I tried flashing a tecno D5 phone with the firmware on this forum, but the Android ie, system.img is not selected on SP flash tools. When you try selecting it, it gives an error.

I downloaded the first variant of D5, which is the correct variant for my device. I had to download it twice to be sure it wasn't a download error.

I would advise you first backup the D5 in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
As for the ROM, can I see a screenshot of the content of the firmware folder. Also, attach the scatter file

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
leonard002
leonard002
leonard002
24-06-2017, 11:13 PM
(24-06-2017, 09:29 AM)hovatek
(24-06-2017, 07:11 AM)leonard002 Please, I tried flashing a tecno D5 phone with the firmware on this forum, but the Android ie, system.img is not selected on SP flash tools. When you try selecting it, it gives an error.

I would advise you first backup the D5 in scatter format using Miracle Box @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
As for the ROM, can I see a screenshot of the content of the firmware folder. Also, attach the scatter file

Please, I need directions on how to upload files
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-06-2017, 08:54 AM
(24-06-2017, 11:13 PM)leonard002 Please, I need directions on how to upload files

There's an attachment button just above the Post Reply button. Alternatively, you can upload the screenshot anywhere online and drop the link here
This post was last modified: 26-06-2017, 08:55 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.