Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Downloads] Gionee S5.5 keeps showing the message "System UI stopped working"
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Downloads] Gionee S5.5 keeps showing the message "System UI stopped working"

[Downloads] Gionee S5.5 keeps showing the message "System UI stopped working"

theawless
theawless
theawless
Enthusiastic Member
15-03-2015, 11:48 AM

Today I wanted to experiment with my phone. I root it with iroot(desktop application).

Then I removed bloatware(maybe... just maybe I removed something important too).
Then I tried to install Busybox using an app on Google play,

After that my phone rebooted and since then it has been showing that error. I shows the error so many times that I can't do anything else.

I hard reset my phone through factory recovery mode.
Nothing happened. I read somewhere that I need to install stock rom. So here I am!!
Please help!

Probable list of bloatware I removed:

1.Amigo wallpapers
2.Navi Launcher
3. Default music app
4. File manager
5. Gionee Xender
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-03-2015, 11:52 AM
(15-03-2015, 11:48 AM)theawless Today I wanted to experiment with my phone. I root it with iroot(desktop application).

Then I removed bloatware(maybe... just maybe I removed something important too).

After that my phone rebooted and since then it has been showing that error. I shows the error so many times that I can't do anything else.

Nothing happened. I read somewhere that I need to install stock rom. So here I am!!
Please help!

1.Amigo wallpapers
2.Navi Launcher
3. Default music app
4. File manager
5. Gionee Xender

you removed some important system apps. you'll need to flash the stock system.img using Sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
do you have the stock ROM?
This post was last modified: 15-03-2015, 08:25 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
theawless
theawless
theawless
Enthusiastic Member
15-03-2015, 12:06 PM
(15-03-2015, 11:52 AM)hovatek
(15-03-2015, 11:48 AM)theawless Today I wanted to experiment with my phone. I root it with iroot(desktop application).

Please help!

1.Amigo wallpapers
2.Navi Launcher
3. Default music app
4. File manager
5. Gionee Xender

you removed some important system apps. you'll need to flash the stock system.img using Sp flash tool. 

Please let me download the stock rom.
Also I have the original factory recovery(it does not allow dalvik cache clean and mount sd to PC) so I can't mount SD to PC. I don't know how will I flash stock rom even if I get the rom... Can SP flash tool work even then?
theawless
theawless
theawless
Enthusiastic Member
15-03-2015, 12:32 PM
Please let me download the stock rom. Also I have the original factory recovery(it does not allow dalvik cache clean and mount sd to PC) so I can't mount SD to PC. I don't know how will I flash stock rom even if I get the rom... Can SP flash tool work even then? - See more at: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-190...l#pid16851
theawless
theawless
theawless
Enthusiastic Member
15-03-2015, 12:34 PM

Please help!

1.Amigo wallpapers
2.Navi Launcher
3. Default music app
4. File manager
5. Gionee Xender

you removed some important system apps. you'll need to flash the stock system.img using Sp flash tool. 
Please let me download the stock rom. Also I have the original factory recovery(it does not allow dalvik cache clean and mount sd to PC) so I can't mount SD to PC. I don't know how will I flash stock rom even if I get the rom... Can SP flash tool work even then?
If possible would you help me with flashing it?
theawless
theawless
theawless
Enthusiastic Member
15-03-2015, 02:20 PM
(15-03-2015, 12:34 PM)theawless

Please help!

1.Amigo wallpapers
2.Navi Launcher
3. Default music app
4. File manager
5. Gionee Xender

Please let me download the stock rom. Also I have the original factory recovery(it does not allow dalvik cache clean and mount sd to PC) so I can't mount SD to PC. I don't know how will I flash stock rom even if I get the rom... Can SP flash tool work even then?
If possible would you help me with flashing it?

Update:

So I tried to flash some rom I found online. It didn't work. Then I tried to flash a CWM recovery using the SP tool. I did something wrong and now my phone is hardbricked.
It doesn't even turn on. Though I'm sure the computer recognizes it (I downloaded some prelaoder drivers)
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-03-2015, 03:03 PM
(15-03-2015, 02:20 PM)theawless Update:

So I tried to flash some rom I found online. It didn't work. Then I tried to flash a CWM recovery using the SP tool. I did something wrong and now my phone is hardbricked.
It doesn't even turn on. Though I'm sure the computer recognizes it (I downloaded some prelaoder drivers)

thats shouldnt be much of a problem. do you have the stock from for your exact model and where did you get it from?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
theawless
theawless
theawless
Enthusiastic Member
15-03-2015, 03:12 PM
(15-03-2015, 03:03 PM)hovatek

thats shouldnt be much of a problem. do you have the stock from for your exact model and where did you get it from?

I was hoping to get it from this forum.
But I also downloaded it from needrom and Androidxda. I downloaded a few custom roms too.
theawless
theawless
theawless
Enthusiastic Member
15-03-2015, 03:25 PM
(15-03-2015, 03:12 PM)theawless
(15-03-2015, 03:03 PM)hovatek

I was hoping to get it from this forum.
But I also downloaded it from needrom and Androidxda. I downloaded a few custom roms too.

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_pGM0vqv...t=download

I can't access the file here. Please grant me access.
theawless
theawless
theawless
Enthusiastic Member
15-03-2015, 06:59 PM

Update:

My phone is running again.! Thanks to your amazing tutorials on how to unbrick bricked phones! I downloaded the rom from needrom. My phone works just like new.

Thanks once again!