Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] please help, my tecno p5 is stuck at logo
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] please help, my tecno p5 is stuck at logo

[Please help] please help, my tecno p5 is stuck at logo

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
giftium
giftium
giftium
Techie Member
15-03-2015, 01:41 PM

good day admin, 7 months ago I was faced with the same problem, I requested for the stock ROM and with you guys guidance I was able to flash it successfully with so flash tool. thanks once again for that. Yesterday night my younger tried switching off the phone, it didn't switch off completely and he booted it up again, then since then it was stucked at tecno logo, the techno animation will show but it doesn't boot to homescreen, it is the old p5 and with CWM recovery. I have tried several ways to repair it like
1. I have tried hand flashing, factory reset, wipe date, wipe cache, wipe Marvin cache, clear emmc, wipe cache partition etc. it still doesn't work, during those flashing it shows something like 'E: can't open/cache/recovery/log and E: can't open/ cache/recovery/ last_log
2. I tried flashing With sp flash tool v3 and v5 with the stock ROM ( mtk) without ticking cache and userdata, it shows BROM ERROR: S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE FAILED (3149) HINT
3. I tried upgrading the firmware with kesler and nexus 1 custom ROM for p5, it showed installing progress then showed E:can't open/cache/ recovery/ last_install
it can boot to recovery and does charge. please help, thanks.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-03-2015, 02:59 PM
(15-03-2015, 01:41 PM)giftium good day admin, 7 months ago I was faced with the same problem, I requested for the stock ROM and with you guys guidance I was able to flash it successfully with so flash tool. thanks once again for that. Yesterday night my younger tried switching off the phone, it didn't switch off completely and he booted it up again, then since then it was stucked at tecno logo, the techno animation will show but it doesn't boot to homescreen, it is the old p5 and with CWM recovery. I have tried several ways to repair it like
1. I have tried hand flashing, factory reset, wipe date, wipe cache, wipe Marvin cache, clear emmc, wipe cache partition etc. it still doesn't work, during those flashing it shows something like 'E: can't open/cache/recovery/log and E: can't open/ cache/recovery/ last_log
2. I tried flashing With sp flash tool v3 and v5 with the stock ROM ( mtk) without ticking cache and userdata, it shows BROM ERROR: S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE FAILED (3149) HINT
3. I tried upgrading the firmware with kesler and nexus 1 custom ROM for p5, it showed installing progress then showed E:can't open/cache/ recovery/ last_install
it can boot to recovery and does charge. please help, thanks.

the problem is from your /system partition. do you have the complete mtk backup for this exact p5?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
giftium
giftium
giftium
Techie Member
15-03-2015, 08:00 PM
yes, the one I downloaded 7 months ago, but it has no cache and userdata. but all other images are present
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-03-2015, 08:30 PM
(15-03-2015, 08:00 PM)giftium yes, the one I downloaded 7 months ago, but it has no cache and userdata. but all other images are present

flash the system.img using sp flash tool @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html
try different versions

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
giftium
giftium
giftium
Techie Member
16-03-2015, 01:15 PM

kk, should I flash only. system.img?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-03-2015, 08:06 PM
(16-03-2015, 01:15 PM)giftium kk, should I flash only. system.img?

yes

Note!
giftium
giftium
giftium
Techie Member
17-03-2015, 01:55 PM
I have, still showing BROM ERROR: S_DA_SDMMC_
WRITE FAILED (3149) HINT. please help
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-03-2015, 04:05 PM
(17-03-2015, 01:55 PM)giftium I have, still showing BROM ERROR: S_DA_SDMMC_
WRITE FAILED (3149) HINT. please help

which versions of sp flash tool did you use?

Note!
giftium
giftium
giftium
Techie Member
17-03-2015, 04:21 PM
I used version 3 and 5. even cwm recovery mode, when trying to do something it usually shows error in /cache/recovery/log
(Read-only file system)
E: can't open cache/recovery/last_log
matswags
matswags
matswags
Techie Member
17-03-2015, 06:15 PM

facing exact problem,im using old tecno p5 and i have successfully flashed clockworkmod to it,i just need d back up so i will back it up,i need your assistance!!
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next